Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hunter the Punter on Lavar and Dukes

didnt see a thread about this, but did anyone else catch this interview yesterday? some telling info that hunter was saying. he basically said that the skins locker room was littered with "me" guys and not enough team players. lavar asked him how many "team" guys there were in the locker room and he said about 15-20 of the 53 guys. when asked about the colts locker room he said there were about 35-40 "team" guys in there.

he did say however he thought that there was definitely a culture change going on and that the staff was working on bringing in character guys and less me guys. and he blatantly said the notion that all players know that you can come to DC to get paid and coast/not work is 100% true. i really hope that changes over the next few years because that is a truly terrible rep to have regardless of our records.

Lavar is such a hack.....i heard that part though. Lavar predicted that there would be at tops "3 we guys" in the locker room...when Hunter said 15-20, Lavar instead of saying how he was wrong he spun it to bash saying "that's less than 50%" even though he predicted 2%. What a douche.

What was worse is he said he was the top worker and put more effort towards the team and community than ANY other Redskin when he played. Year Lavar, Darrell Green never worked hard. DOUCHE i says.

didnt see a thread about this, but did anyone else catch this interview yesterday? some telling info that hunter was saying. he basically said that the skins locker room was littered with "me" guys and not enough team players. lavar asked him how many "team" guys there were in the locker room and he said about 15-20 of the 53 guys. when asked about the colts locker room he said there were about 35-40 "team" guys in there.

he did say however he thought that there was definitely a culture change going on and that the staff was working on bringing in character guys and less me guys. and he blatantly said the notion that all players know that you can come to DC to get paid and coast/not work is 100% true. i really hope that changes over the next few years because that is a truly terrible rep to have regardless of our records.

I heard it for about 30 seconds before stupidfat chad dukes made me change the channel as usual. It appears Shanny is changing the culture, but it takes time. CP, Rogers, etc will be gone this year so the change continues.

However, Lavar and Dukes will take any chance they get to slam the team so they constantly talk like there's no chance the new regime will be changing this.

Side note - I listen to the junkies most mornings on my way to work. Everyday when I get in my car to go home, Lavar & Dukes are on, and for some reason I listen for a few seconds. EVERY SINGLE DAY their stupidity and hate forces me to change the channel within the first minute. And everyday, I wonder how in the world they have a radio show.

I hate LaVar Arrington because I think 1) he's one of the most over rated players ever and 2) he thinks he was good.

With that being said, it's hard for me to bash anyone just because they've continually bashed the Skins over the last several years. I hate to hear it, but it's all true. It'll be interesting to see what their tone is like if/when Shanahan and company ever get it turned around.

[Edit: I'm certainly not saying all of what LaVar is saying is true. To the contrary, I think he's wrong more than right. I'm just saying frequent negativism toward the Skins is warranted.]

I'm glad that Hunter says the culture is changing. I want the rookies to come into an enviroment where losing and half assing it is unacceptable and will NOT be tolerated any longer. It will hopefully be even better,if there is a season.

lol at the notion of Lavar telling us about "team players".

This from a guy who watched games from the owner's box as an active member of the team.

Gee lavar, don't most team player's spend time on sidelines with their team mates, even if their not in uniform due to injury?

lol at the notion of Lavar telling us about "team players".

This from a guy who watched games from the owner's box as an active member of the team.

Gee lavar, don't most team player's spend time on sidelines with their team mates, even if their not in uniform due to injury?

this is what irks me the most, lavar acts like he wasnt a me guy when he was a HUGE me guy. lavar was portis before portis, he was the original dan snyder "buddy". so hilarious that lavar can pretend like he was some die hard team mate and that everyone loved him.

Lavar is such a hack.....i heard that part though. Lavar predicted that there would be at tops "3 we guys" in the locker room...when Hunter said 15-20, Lavar instead of saying how he was wrong he spun it to bash saying "that's less than 50%" even though he predicted 2%. What a douche.

What was worse is he said he was the top worker and put more effort towards the team and community than ANY other Redskin when he played. Year Lavar, Darrell Green never worked hard. DOUCHE i says.

this isn't a personal attack but until you have actually interviewed someone on a live media source you should keep your mouth shut, because not knowing someone personally and calling them a douche kinda makes you a douche

this isn't a personal attack but until you have actually interviewed someone on a live media source you should keep your mouth shut, because not knowing someone personally and calling them a douche kinda makes you a douche

there are lots of douches in this world that i have never met or interviewed on a live media source, so i dont quite follow your logic here??

so now the rule is someone cant be a douche until you talk to them live in person? bunk.

So you're calling yourself a douche too?

:silly:

---------- Post added May-20th-2011 at 12:00 PM ----------

there are lots of douches in this world that i have never met or interviewed on a live media source, so i dont quite follow your logic here??

so now the rule is someone cant be a douche until you talk to them live in person? bunk.

Hey, since lavar arrogant cant interview everyone he talks about all the time......

yeah there was supposed to be another sentence in there somewhere but yes, how can you truly judge someones character if you have never sat down with them? your just going off the fact that you don't like the man you don't know him personally, all you know is the man the media portrays which 99% of the time is a douche unless they have some kind of back story.

Lavar was the poster child of the "me" guy and not a team leader. Leaders lead by example, and getting Marvin Lewis, Gregg Williams and Joe Gibbs all pissed off at you isn't the sign of a leader.

He's bitter because when he was the "me" guy, the owner had his back, until one day, he didn't. The he was out on the street.

He's the single most disappointing player in my lifetime for the 'Skins. He was always average. He doesn't realize this. Pity.

EDIT: I completely agree that the 'Skins were the haven of "pay me!" and no hard work. I also believe that it's changing. Nothing that I heard Hunter said surprised me. Some of it bothered me. My contention is the hypocrite of Lavar to pick on the fact that the team had no leaders, when he himself was much more part of the problem than the solution.

yeah there was supposed to be another sentence in there somewhere but yes, how can you truly judge someones character if you have never sat down with them? your just going off the fact that you don't like the man you don't know him personally, all you know is the man the media portrays which 99% of the time is a douche unless they have some kind of back story.

so the media is telling Lavar what to say everyday? is everything he says scripted by the media??

yeah there was supposed to be another sentence in there somewhere but yes, how can you truly judge someones character if you have never sat down with them? .

ive never sat down with hitler or bin laden. maybe they were swell guys?

please. the man- and chad - both are insufferable.

this is what irks me the most, lavar acts like he wasnt a me guy when he was a HUGE me guy. lavar was portis before portis, he was the original dan snyder "buddy". so hilarious that lavar can pretend like he was some die hard team mate and that everyone loved him.

You hit the nail on the head. To be honest, I was in this forum a few years ago when he christened himself "Mr. Nickles" with NY. When he got hurt I made a comment something to the affect that what comes around goes around and was banned. Now it seems we can speak a little more freely on his terrible attitude. It does sting a little to hear conformation that the rep. of the team is true, but it is also encouraging to hear our suspicions of culture change are also true and not just lip service. I realize the change will be a process over the next few years, but I am strapped in and ready for the ride. Whatever makes this a competitive, classy organization again... I am all for it. HAIL!

As is often the case, Voice of Reason IS the voice of reason. Yes, the media can distort the personna of the players. But over time, an observant fan can normally figure out the type of character a player is. After a few years, most Redskins fans knew Lavar was a "me" player. All you had to do was listen to him using his own words.

The media does not crucify everyone. I think everyone agrees that London Fletcher is a team kind of guy and always gives 100% because you hear it from his teammates over and over again....but not from him. Same for guys like Golston, Orakpo, Doughty, Rabach, and some of the lesser players.

I agree with Hunter, too many "me" players and not enough "we" players. Shanahan got rid of a lot of them prior to the first season. I think we are going to see more let go this year as free agents for the same reason......Carlos Rogers being a perfect example.

Hopefully, the Haynseworth and McNabb situations have finally taught Snyder and Shanahan that money does not buy a player commited to the team and his teammates.

This past draft represents a sea change for the Redskins. Two of the top three picks were college team captains. Virtually all of the picks were high character guys. The message is out: The freeloader party is over in DC.

Now Chad is a douche i've met him and the way he carries himself is douchesque.

I've met lavar several times around the DMV and he is always respectful to everyone who comes up to him he doesn't walk around claiming his **** doesn't stink so i don't see why everyone hates him he doesn't play for the team anymore he covers them, it doesn't matter what i say haters will be haters the people who hate LA also hate CP they also hated JC they also hate CLos also hated landry until he moved to SS...haters gonna hate.

and for the bin laden comment im not defending him in anway but what american troops did to his family was really messed up they invaded his holy grounds, his sacred religious places and killed people, so get some facts before you bring up people like him.

Archived