Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Rosenhaus comments on the Redskins and Hankerson

redskinsbaby123

I think its best we drafted him in the 3rd round. Who knows it may have kept him from feeling entitled and big headed. Sometimes a man needs to be humbled and know he's got work to do, rather than feeling like he is entitled to something without playing a down (see Crabtree)

So what IS the knock on Hankerson then? Why is ES and Drew Rosenhaus so much smarter than the personnel departments of 31 other NFL Teams?

4.3 40, all time records at Miami, and MVP of the Sr. Bowl. What's the knock on him? Are his hands that bad?

---------- Post added May-14th-2011 at 03:33 PM ----------

this thread closed for some reason. Not sure why. It's open now

Cooley is still easily a legitimate top 10 tight end in the league and he has been a top 5 tight end for consistent seasons before (he had 77 receptions last season, 2nd among tight ends). I think Hankerson will contribute to the Skins and provide offensive leadership like Cooley did and does, eventually in Hankerson's career.

First round talent at a third round price.

4.3 40, all time records at Miami, and MVP of the Sr. Bowl. What's the knock on him? Are his hands that bad?

20101030-Miami-Virginia-NCAA-Football1230.jpg

I'd describe him a bit as a poor man's Julio Jones.

4.3 40 speed, but doesn't play that fast. Good hands, but inconsistent concentration issues.

Great 3rd round value because if he can improve his concentration, he could develop into a true #1. But if he had no weaknesses, he would have been a first rounder.

So what IS the knock on Hankerson then? Why is ES and Drew Rosenhaus so much smarter than the personnel departments of 31 other NFL Teams?

Accordingly some Miami fans I know, the biggest knock on Hankerson is his hands. He makes a lot of great catches, but he tends to drop very catchable balls. I wanted the Redskins to draft him for their first pick in the second round, so I'm thrilled they picked him up in the 3rd round.

77 catches for 849 yards 11.0avg and 3 TD's is pretty good...

Yeah, I'm not sure where this conception that Cooley hasn't been playing as well recently has come from. He tied a career high in yardage (on less catches) and his 11.0 YPC is right at his career average. Yeah, he might not be making as many big plays or TDs but the same can be said for our entire offense.

I love the Cooley comparison. I also remember feeling the same way when we picked Cooley. If I'm not mistaken, though, we had to trade up to get Cooley. If Hankerson is the steal that we think he is, I'm very very happy. I also had him circled for our 2nd round pick. Something tells me that we also might have hit gold with Niles or Robinson as well. HTTR

I must say, i am pretty pumped about this young man. I love his work ethic, I love his enthusiasm, and I love everything I hear about him.

Can't wait to see him on the field

~Bang

Me too, I have totally bought into the hype of this kid being a draft day steal.

Please help us heal the WR scars of recent times Leonard, please..

Something about this kid just says "meant to be", having been tutored by the likes of Chris Carter and Mark Duper already, may have given this kid a hunger to be great at NFL level. Roster has Mike Furry having #85, if he makes the team, I'm thinking he'll need a new #.

Archived