Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Rosenhaus comments on the Redskins and Hankerson

redskinsbaby123

If we re-sign Santana we'll have a solid receiving corps with Moss, Hankerson, and Armstrong, along with Cooley and Davis at TE and possible Malcolm Kelly in the shadows.

Now we just need to get to April 2012 and draft a future QB to throw to these guys.

Living in SoFla I get to watch a lot of UM games. Seems Hank was the guy always making big plays for that team. Now, I was amazed that he ran a 4.3 because on the field he played slower then that; You certainly can see some burst from him though when he catches the ball in the open field. Also, he played with weak armed QBs his whole time there, IF we keep McNabb I think Hankerson could be a huge contributor right away. :helmet:

I've never heard an Agent bad talk ANY client his own or someone elses. Rosenhaus is big with the U players, has many players on our team now, and would be foolish to bad talk a guy he could possibly be working for on his 2nd and bigger contract. Again I thought Hankerson was good before this, I'm just highlighting that taking what an agent says about a player his or someone elses is like believing a politcian when they make a promise. Its always done with a smile and never fully intended to be fulfilled

I've never heard an Agent bad talk ANY client his own or someone elses. Rosenhaus is big with the U players, has many players on our team now, and would be foolish to bad talk a guy he could possibly be working for on his 2nd and bigger contract. Again I thought Hankerson was good before this, I'm just highlighting that taking what an agent says about a player his or someone elses is like believing a politcian when they make a promise. Its always done with a smile and never fully intended to be fulfilled

This has nothing to do with "bad talking". He was asked who he thought the biggest steal of the draft was. He could have said ANYBODY. He could have said Jimmy Smith (his client) falling to 27th. He didn't mention any of his clients. He said Leonard Hankerson and he backed it up with reasons why the guy is a steal. Rosenhaus obviously believes Hankerson should have been a first round pick, and he has no fiduciary motivation to make that statement.

This has nothing to do with "bad talking". He was asked who he thought the biggest steal of the draft was. He could have said ANYBODY. He could have said Jimmy Smith (his client) falling to 27th. He didn't mention any of his clients. He said Leonard Hankerson and he backed it up with reasons why the guy is a steal. Rosenhaus obviously believes Hankerson should have been a first round pick, and he has no fiduciary motivation to make that statement.

errr no fiduciary motivation????? Guess who just convieniently became Drew Rosenhaus' NEWEST client today Mr Diesel??? Ill give u 3 guesses

U mean its not an agents job to job get the most money possible for his client? Or when vying to become one's agent saying all the right things? No I don't get get that biz at all <sarcasm>

Look I like Hankerson, and as I stated earlier it was BEFORE Rosenhaus, but if u wanna believe what Drew Rosenhaus says as gospel be my guest, the Buffalo Bills felt the same too, we see how that ended. The whole point being no agent in his right mind wouldn't suggest a guy he has a damn good chance to sign is a "steal". He doesn't need to pump up Smith he's a 1st rounder.

I think U need to understand it behooves an agent or potential agent of a player to speak well of him, and especially if u are about to become the agent of a guy that was consider a possible 1st-2nd rd pick to speak highly of him. Whaddya know Drew with major ties to the U speaks loud and proud about Hank, and about 2 weeks later he signs WITH Drew. Drew didn't sign with him ;)

U mean its not an agents job to job get the most money possible for his client? Or when vying to become one's agent saying all the right things? No I don't get get that biz at all <sarcasm>

Look I like Hankerson, and as I stated earlier it was BEFORE Rosenhaus, but if u wanna believe what Drew Rosenhaus says as gospel be my guest, the Buffalo Bills felt the same too, we see how that ended. The whole point being no agent in his right mind wouldn't suggest a guy he has a damn good chance to sign is a "steal". He doesn't need to pump up Smith he's a 1st rounder.

I think U need to understand it behooves an agent or potential agent of a player to speak well of him, and especially if u are about to become the agent of a guy that was consider a possible 1st-2nd rd pick to speak highly of him. Whaddya know Drew with major ties to the U speaks loud and proud about Hank, and about 2 weeks later he signs WITH Drew. Drew didn't sign with him ;)

Drew did recruit him. He recruited the crap out of him and he still signed with Chafie Fields instead. You think just because Drew pumped him up in an interview that Leonard is going to suddenly change his mind? Agents spend almost a full year recruiting players (in some unethical cases, more than a year) and Hankerson chose someone else. One interview won't change that fact.

And it isn't like Hankerson signed with a nobody, either, in Chafie Fields. He's partners with Joel Segal, who is one of the biggest agents out there. He's probably just as reputable as Rosenhaus, if not as visible. Fields is on his way to being that type of guy as well. Hankerson wouldn't have much motivation to leave where he is, especially if he was being recruited by both places for the last year and chose Fields over Rosenhaus. So no, Rosenhaus doesn't have a "damn good chance to sign him". Not for a while, and most likely not ever.

And yes, I do understand the agent business quite well, considering I work in an agency with an NFLPA certified agent. Speaking with my experience in the field, players don't randomly change agents based on interviews, especially a few weeks after the draft.

HELLO Hankerson is a ROSENHAUS client. Let's get that clear and understood, signed TODAY, Rosenhaus JUST TWEETED THIS

"RosenhausSports: Drew @RosenhausSports signed former Miami WR Leonard Hankerson. He was drafted No. 79 overall by the Washington Redskins in 2011 NFL Draft"

--http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports/status/70233299615883264

HELLO Hankerson is a ROSENHAUS client. Let's get that clear and understood, signed TODAY, Rosenhaus JUST TWEETED THIS

"RosenhausSports: Drew @RosenhausSports signed former Miami WR Leonard Hankerson. He was drafted No. 79 overall by the Washington Redskins in 2011 NFL Draft"

--http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports/status/70233299615883264

Wow, now I feel foolish! Looks like Leonard fired his old agent because he definitely had signed with Fields. Looks like I underestimated Drew. My apologies to you sir, but this wasn't expected with the lockout and all.

No prob Terpskins, I've read many of ur posts and ur a sharp dude, in the end we all agree Hank is a helluva player

Really hoping, man. We've lacked a big time WR for a while (except for Moss in '04). He seems to have all the skills and the mindset to do it. It's going to depend on who plays behind center, though.

I just hope the old stiff maintains the patience needed to develop a greenhorn wideout. And also is smart enough to call plays to his strengths as he finds his footing, and not stubbornly and blindly calling staple plays that Kyle demands Hank excel at. Ones that require Ellard grade precision and timing, benched if he has any struggles.

Oh and yeah we need a QB and O line upgrades rabach cough before we can expect greatness from the kid.

Archived