Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Obama Really this Bad?

Wrong Direction

To be able to step back and look at this as a human on planet earth floating alone in an infinite space of nothing.

I am glad he is gone and if I was to burn 4 calories worrying about any aspect of the mission 'what-so-ever'

It would be Bangs comment above on: The United States encourages freedom throughout history.

It may not be perfect, but the alternative is what? Kneel down and accept "xyz" or die? No Thank you.

It is nice to see you can post a rant about your beloved President without being killed in the middle of the night, isn't it?

To be able to step back and look at this as a human on planet earth floating alone in an infinite space of nothing.

I am glad he is gone and if I was to burn 4 calories worrying about any aspect of the mission 'what-so-ever'

It would be Bangs comment above on: The United States encourages freedom throughout history.

It may not be perfect, but the alternative is what? Kneel down and accept "xyz" or die? No Thank you.

It is nice to see you can post a rant about your beloved President without being killed in the middle of the night, isn't it?

Absolutely.

This is a great moment in history. We're priveleged to be here. We can make a great step forward, and that is no hyperbole.

~Bang

Wrong Direction,

Im not exaggerating when I say that you are my favorite right wing poster on this board, and I really hate to pile on so I'll be brief. This thread isn't worthy of you.

On a scale of one to ten:

Killing the most hated, feared and reviled man in America since, literally, Adolf Hitler - 10

All of the points you raise combined - .01

You sound like the fan of a team that just won the super bowl citing the post game press conference as proof the the coach did a lousy job. "At least he won the game, but the press conference was an utter disaster." Doesn't sound quite right.

Now the stuff you list that are completely unrelated to this mission (the deficit, inflation, etc.) ...

I'd rate that a 9 on my scale. I think unless the economy turns around the bump in the polls Obama just got will disappear soon enough. But that, in my opinion, really has nothing to do with how happy I am about this particular accomplishment at this moment.

Let me ask you something, do you think Obama could ever have a 90% approval rating like Bush had at one point?

Funny that Bush had a 90% approval after the biggest attack on our soil in our history, and after Obama catches the guy his approval MIGHT get to 60%. Though I doubt that.

Just pontificating... but what does that say about the divisiveness of our politics?

You forgot to mentions a couple things.

1. Obama was born in Kenya (the birthcertificate was fake).

2. He used affirmative action to get into harvard.

3. He is a muslim.

thank you luke scott for alerting us to the perils of Obama Bin Laden!

You're all right. The story hasn't changed one bit. No lies, half truths or flat out speaking out of their touches. Nothing about the stories they've released raises any doubt at all. The rest of the world are all American Democrats, so they'll just be happy with whatever final story the administration comes up with. No questions asked.

I'm glad you all were as gracious to W.

Wow.

This post is coming from someone who really likes GWB and prefers him to Obama, so don't go trying to play any liberal or Democrat card with me...

From time to time, people in this country need to remove their party allegiances, suppress their biases, open up their minds, and just experience things as AMERICANS. Democrats and Republicans should be on the same team, just possibly looking at issues and solutions from different angles. It still baffles me that we, as a nation, can't align ourselves and rally together even when it comes to national security or wars. I must be very naive, but I figured SOME issues/events transcended political parties.

Obama, regardless of how involved he was, what he's said, etc. was the man in charge when we caught and killed OBL. We, as a country, have exacted some level of revenge for that horrific and historic day almost 10 years ago. I applaud him for his role in that...just as I would have applauded Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., etc.

Grow up.

Wow.

This post is coming from someone who really likes GWB and prefers him to Obama, so don't go trying to play any liberal or Democrat card with me...

From time to time, people in this country need to remove their party allegiances, suppress their biases, open up their minds, and just experience things as AMERICANS. Democrats and Republicans should be on the same team, just possibly looking at issues and solutions from different angles. It still baffles me that we, as a nation, can't align ourselves and rally together even when it comes to national security or wars. I must be very naive, but I figured SOME issues/events transcended political parties.

Obama, regardless of how involved he was, what he's said, etc. was the man in charge when we caught and killed OBL. We, as a country, have exacted some level of revenge for that horrific and historic day almost 10 years ago. I applaud him for his role in that...just as I would have applauded Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., etc.

Grow up.

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better

Funny that Bush had a 90% approval after the biggest attack on our soil in our history, and after Obama catches the guy his approval MIGHT get to 60%. Though I doubt that.

Just pontificating... but what does that say about the divisiveness of our politics?

I was just thinking about this very point. You would think it would be a huge rallying point instead of a desperate scramble to diminish it. We got one of the biggest villains in our history. We did it without losing an American life. How in the world can you not celebrate that!

There are plenty of legitimate things to be frustrated with Obama about. Why do this? Seriously.

What's more important? 1) that we got Bin Laden or 2) the PR aftermath? Obviously 1.

With that being said, discounting the aftermath, I think, is damaging. I guess I could add that, according to some Pakistani's, the million dollar mansion is actually probably worth closer to $250,000.

Is that important? By itself, no, but it all contributes to a credibility problem around the entire mission. That's exactly why the president ordered a special ops mission as opposed to a 30,000 foot bombing. Yet now, most of our enemies and domestic conspiracy theorists think we're lying or hiding something. That really isn't the end of the world, but it's definitely not helpful and it definitely doesn't instill confidence in the politicals.

Confidence in intelligence community and Seals? Yes. Confidence in politicals? No.

i see what you're saying, but i really dont think that there is much President Obama could have done about any of the above. honestly does it really matter if the mansion was $1million dollars or $250k? if people are looking that far into it and judging what happened based on that, then they are going to find something wrong with everything.

no to mention, all the news stations were frantically reporting whatever they could get their hands on. at one point i heard, "it is rumored that osama was killed a week ago in an air strike". now we learn that wasnt true. does this mean it should spark skepticism for Americans? No. if people are really that stupid that they cant figure these small things out, then there probably isnt any reaching them anyways.

and as for our enemies, really, who cares. their gov'ts are gonna feed them yellow journalism anyways.

we do need to have a leader capable of pulling the US together in opinion. i really dont see this happening with the internet, left/right battle, and all the other bs that can be used to give people arguing points.

Wrong Direction,

It is impossible to get the full, unabridged, accurate story out immediately. Why? No one knows what it is. Not the President. Not the men who went on the mission. Not people in the Intelligence Committees or the Cabinet or the DOD. No one. Certainly not a reporter in NY or DC reading reports or a blogger without even a White House press credential.

There is always a period of guesswork and discovery and putting puzzle pieces together. None of the things that distress you so much is anything other then the result of the most ordinary level of scramble as new info keeps coming in.

It's a big problem in this microwave instant society. You want info as soon as it happens. This is the downside to that.

The ultimate story isn't that they got the shoe sizes of the SEALs wrong, or that the real estate agent appraised Bin Laden's mansion at a much higher value, but that we got the guy, intelligence worked, no Americans were killed and that the Muslim world mostly has not gone ballistic over it.

I was probably too harsh toward Wrong Direction in this thread. I also think he is one of our better posters.

I think I was letting my frustration with the right wing media echo chamber color my response. They literally have been in 24/7 attack at all costs mode on Obama for the past two years, and it starts to wear on you after a while.

So, a more cordial response: Wrong Direction, I think your concerns have more to do with the inevitable "fog of war" that comes immediately after any big event like this. It was inevitable that there was going to be some confusion and incorrect stories immediately after a covert operation like this, but overall I think Obama and his team have handled this pretty darn well, as reflected by the lack of negative response that we are getting around the world and especially in the Middle East. Try and enjoy the good news if you can - Osama is dead.

I was just thinking about this very point. You would think it would be a huge rallying point instead of a desperate scramble to diminish it. We got one of the biggest villains in our history. We did it without losing an American life. How in the world can you not celebrate that!

There are plenty of legitimate things to be frustrated with Obama about. Why do this? Seriously.

Simple, because it happened under Obama- a liberal they despise so much.

I think the right wing nuts are probably more crazy than the left wing nuts.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 12:09 AM ----------

Obama got Osama, that's all there is to be said. I don't think we will get all the details, part of it for security reasons. Obama got the news and naturally he was going to tell the world, not even knowing the complete details.

Some silly thoughts in the original post, sure... But the left attack anyone that dares critisize mr obama with an almost religious like fervor that is unmatched... Perhaps if The Internet was available during mr carters presidency, we would have seen the same level of blind passion?

mr Obama did well this week and I too salute him...

Some silly thoughts in the original post, sure... But the left attack anyone that dares critisize mr obama with an almost religious like fervor that is unmatched... Perhaps if The Internet was available during mr carters presidency, we would have seen the same level of blind passion?

mr Obama did well this week and I too salute him...

I don't think that's fair. Look at all the criticism that came from the left over healthcare, esp. from those that believed that we don't go far enough or that he didn't show enough leadership throughout the process. The left has openly questioned Obama on quite a few issues from Iraq/Afghanstan to the economy.

I do think that it is downright bizarre that the "right" are working so hard to criticize Obama for getting Bin Laden. I would like to have imagined that would be a moment we would all come together as Americans on. :2cents:

mardi gras, all of those quotes you listed came after people in Congress were given intelligence information that was totally skewed by Doug Feith, RIchard Perle and the rest of the neocon true beleivers that Bush put in charge of the entire intelligence community. Congress has no intelligence capacity of its own - it can only go on what it is shown by the executive branch.

Basically, you have just demonstrated that Congress was fooled by the bad intelligence that Bush gave them.

I posted this in the thread about Condy Rice but I think it more directly applies to Predicto's post here:

http://www.factcheck.org/iraq_what_did_congress_know_and_when.html

The President's main point is correct: the CIA and most other US intelligence agencies believed before the war that Saddam had stocks of biological and chemical weapons, was actively working on nuclear weapons and "probably" would have a nuclear weapon before the end of this decade. That faulty intelligence was shared with Congress – along with multiple mentions of some doubts within the intelligence community – in a formal National Intelligence Estimate just prior to the Senate and House votes to authorize the use of force against Iraq.

No hard evidence has surfaced to support claims that Bush somehow manipulated the findings of intelligence analysts. In fact, two bipartisan investigations probed for such evidence and said they found none. So Dean's claim that intelligence was "corrupted" is unsupported...

...That was the intelligence available to Congress when the House passed the Iraq resolution Oct. 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133. The Senate passed it in the wee hours of Oct. 11, by a vote of 77-23. A total of 81 Democrats in the House and 29 Democrats in the Senate supported the resolution, including some who now are saying Bush misled them.

Good luck changing perceptions Mardi

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/14/pakistani.taliban/

U.S. imams arrested for alleged Pakistani Taliban links

Miami (CNN) -- Two South Florida imams and a third family member were arrested Saturday on charges of providing support to the Pakistani Taliban, the Justice Department said.

In addition, three others in Pakistan were also indicted on the same charges.

FBI agents arrested Hafiz Khan and his son Izhar Khan in South Florida, the department said. They are expected to make their initial court appearance in federal court on Monday.

Another of Hafiz Khan's sons, Irfan Khan, was arrested in Los Angeles and will appear in court there.

Also charged are three Pakistani residents: Ali Rehman, Alam Zeb, and Amina Khan. Amina Khan is Hafiz Khan's daughter, and Zeb is his grandson.

Guest Spearfeather
Good luck changing perceptions Mardi

Agreed.

mardi gras skins, you did your homework here and I applaud you for that. Nice work, and don't let 'em get you down.

The people crying about Obama not getting enough credit....Would they ever give Bush credit for " winning the War in Iraq?"

Why? This is why:

alg_rambama.jpg

Watch out Iron Man, there's a new, macho action figure in town: the Rambama.

The bicep-bulging figurine was released Wednesday as an ode to President Obama, who authorized the SEALS to kill Al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden on May 1.

The Rambo-style Obama is armed with an M1-A4 rifle and is dressed in military fatigues and a black and red skull T-shirt emblazoned with "6," referring to the SEAL Team 6, which carried out the U.S. raid.

The SEALs do the work, Obama gets the credit. For saying "yes" on the phone. Obama wouldn't make it through Hell Week, let alone be able to put on the trident of a SEAL, and now he gets an action figure emblazoning him as a SEAL, because he said "yes"

---------- Post added May-14th-2011 at 09:56 PM ----------

Obama got Osama, that's all there is to be said. I don't think we will get all the details, part of it for security reasons. Obama got the news and naturally he was going to tell the world, not even knowing the complete details.

Obama didn't "get" Osama, just like Bush didn't "get" Saddam Hussein. The SEALs got him. Obama just happened to be in office when it happened.

Why? This is why:

Someone made an Obama Chia pet, too. I'm not sure what either toy has to do with anything.

No one is minimizing the courage and professionalism of the SEALs in carrying out their mission. No one. But there have been plenty of people here minimizing what was one of the toughest military/foreign policy decisions a President will ever have to face.

The SEALs do the work, Obama gets the credit. For saying "yes" on the phone. Obama wouldn't make it through Hell Week, let alone be able to put on the trident of a SEAL, and now he gets an action figure emblazoning him as a SEAL, because he said "yes"

Obama didn't "get" Osama, just like Bush didn't "get" Saddam Hussein. The SEALs got him. Obama just happened to be in office when it happened.

So the head coach and owner deserve no credit for a superbowl? The CEO and executive team of every major company deserve no credit for boosts in revenue? You're understanding of how a chain of command works is ignorant and incorrect.

He did a hell of a lot more than answer a phone and say yes. If it makes you feel better to think that the military does everything and the civilians just run around taking credit have at it... it's entirely you're right to be entirely wrong.

Why? This is why:

People should be frustrated with Obama because someone created an Obama action figure. Seriously? Reasonable people will take issue with Obama's policies. No reasonable person would argue it's fair to be frustrated with Obama because of this ^.

Archived