Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What will our WR dept chart look like post-draft?

Monk in the Hall!

With our three (post 6th round post edit) WR pics today both grading as at least round 3 talent, we could have an interesting depth chart. I am assuming we keep 6 on the roster.

"Given" Roster spots

Moss- given (if we sign him)

Hankerson- looks like a possible #2 in long run, highly likely to make the team

Armstrong- he may get pushed down, but looks to be on roster

Battling for 2-3 remaining spots

Banks- likely makes team as return guy. Had him as a definite.. but now with Robinson, not so sure

Paul- on paper looks like he could be rest of the rest (of course, who really knows)

Austin- smallish but with some ability. If Paul is a player, will likely push Austin down

Kelly- I know, I know... but, IF healthy, he is better than any of these two above (I know... big IF)

Williams- looks to be gone

Robinson- initial feedback looks interesting.... could he replace banks on return and be a more viable down WR

My first call (w/ grain of salt as I have never seen any of our draft pics play)

Moss- if we sign him

Armstrong- could be #3-4 by years end

Hankerson- could be #1-2 by years end if all goes well

Kelly- (I know, I know- but could be a #2-3 if healthy)

Austin- showed something last year. But could easily seen as gone if Paul or Robinson pan out

Banks- just too good on KR but if Robinson can cut it, Banks inability to contribute strong during offense (small size) could cost him

PS- Paul/Robinson

Cut- Williams

Moss is the #1 if he comes back. Armstrong earned the #2 spot with his performance and production last year - that's where he will start going into camp at least and probably into the season. If Kelly can stay healthy he can battle with Hankerson for #3. Given Kelly does not play teams though if he can't win that battle and/or misses time again that's all she wrote for him as a Redskin IMO. If he wins that battle Hankerson is #4 and Banks is #5.

Austin and Paul will be fighting for the last spot if Kelly busts out again.

I think they're prepping for when Moss DOES leave more than prepping for him leaving next year. I think he will def be here next year, but having bodies learning the offense plus Leonard getting more comfortable in DC is huge for when he steps into the #1 role.

Sounds about right. I think Austin has a leg up on one of the last spots. Knows the system, has some experience, got on the field late last year. Let's not forget that he started to show some ability when utilized.

I like Robinson as well. Just has a good vibe.

Going to be tight. Kelly needs to have a monster camp to make up for not playing special teams. Williams shouldn't even be allowed to go to camp.

Weird, one of our oldest positions just became VERY young.

Banks is a one-trick pony. Fortunately for him it's a very valuable trick. He really has to polish his craft to be considered as even a part time WR. Austin will make the team as the speedster but he'll also need to keep working to stay viable. I hope Kelly was working on hitting the books during the offseason. If he doesn't get his mind around all his responsibilities it won't matter whether his knee is finally healthy or not. Hankerson is his replacement in waiting. While none of these guys was considered elite talent, some of them at least are an upgrade to roster.

Yep.... if Robinson has near the speed and better size (for playing on offense)- maybe he has a chance.

But Banks had such an insane year returning.... you are probably correct to question my sanity

Also, keep in mind the recent changes to the rules COULD potentially kill Banks value. I was told that we're looking at more than 50% of kickoffs being touchbacks.. Is this true?

My first call (w/ grain of salt as I have never seen any of our draft pics play)

Moss- if we sign him

Armstrong- could be #3-4 by years end

Hankerson- could be #1-2 by years end if all goes well

Kelly- (I know, I know- but could be a #2-3 if healthy)

Austin- showed something last year. But could easily seen as gone if Paul or Robinson pan out

Banks- just too good on KR but if Robinson can cut it, Banks inability to contribute strong during offense (small size) could cost him

PS- Paul/Robinson

Cut- Williams

I like your chart, with Austin/Robinson being the slot most up for grabs.

Ideally speaking, Robinson or Austin would show some aptitude for PR at the next level because as much as I like Banks, his lack of ability to really contribute much on offense is a liability. And the jury's still out on his durability back there. As much as I loved his excitement, quiet as it's kept, he was tied with 3 guys for 9th in PR Avg. Point only being, pretty much half the league's punt returners were equal to or better. The way people were losing their minds, you'd have thought there was nobody like him in the league. Danny Amendola had the exact same PR avg with two more returns, but he also caught 85 balls. Immediately in front of him were Desean Jackson and Davone Bess, i.e guys that can contribute elsewhere and do. Having a guy that only returns kicks and nothing else isn't really a luxury we can afford for too long. I hate to say that cuz dude almost one a couple games all by himself.

What the team has added in the WR's corp from this draft is a nice possession receiver (Hankerson) and allot of speed. Draft chart is something I don't really care much about right now, Im more excited about the depth and flexibility that this ads.

1. Moss - Goes to the slot in 3 WR sets

2. Hankerson - Eventually becomes #1

3. Armstrong - Was most effective as 3rd WR

4. Paul - Dark horse. Wasn't really able to show his stuff in College

5. Banks - His evolution as a WR continues. Was dynamic as BOTH a KR and PR, will be used in gadget plays

PS:

Aldrick Robinson - Hopefully Moss' replacement

Terrance Austin - Armstrong's eventual replacement

Cut:

Williams

Kelly

Yep.... if Robinson has near the speed and better size (for playing on offense)- maybe he has a chance.

But Banks had such an insane year returning.... you are probably correct to question my sanity

No...he wasn't correct in questioning your sanity.

Your initial statement was right.

It's entirely possible Banks might not make the team.

Archived