Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

I am watching Blue Jays @ Angels and busy laughing my ass off!! :ols:

Seriously, this **** is hysterical. :rotflmao:

---------- Post added April-10th-2011 at 01:11 AM ----------

Angels finally win. Blue Jays got completely screwed out of a run on a horrible runner's interference call. :doh:

ogando and verlander dueling...

I'm recording the game and had plans to watch it when I got home from work. I was going to ignore all sports sites to keep from ruining it, but by habit I clicked on espn.com and saw the score on the front page.

Now the question is...do I just say F it and go ahead and follow the rest of the game online? Or do I try desperately to avoid espn, etc. and go back to the original plan of waiting?

Amazing how badly the Red Sox are struggling. They will still finish 87-75 or something.

I was gonna get the MLB package today but remembered I already have access to MLB.tv online. Hell yeah. Laptop screen isn't as good as a big television screen but the picture is really good.

Alexi Ogando is beasting. Got into a flat out pitcher's duel with Verlander in Detroit and won. That's two shutouts in a row for the Rangers. :)

yeah, he did. the rangers defense was also better. andrus' double play got ogando out of a jam. verlander didnt get that help, specifically from magglio. that was the difference in the game imo

yeah, he did. the rangers defense was also better. andrus' double play got ogando out of a jam. verlander didnt get that help, specifically from magglio. that was the difference in the game imo

Yeah it was a good catch by Andrus, but definitely a horrible job of baserunning by Cabrera to get doubled off second. There was absolutely no reason for him to be that far to third base. If the ball falls, the runner from third scores and he gets to third. He must have been drinking between innings. Complete lapse in judgment.

That was Ogando's one tough inning. Other than that, he was mowing them down even faster than Verlander. And Verlander was mowing them down too for the first six innings. Ogando had 79 pitches through 7 innings. Probably would have gone all the way easily if not for the same blister on his throwing hand that caused him to leave his last start early as well. Moving him from the bullpen to the rotation has been pretty successful so far.

edit: I also like this...

http://www.twitvid.com/6ZGPF

Matsuzaka has given up 7 runs. It's the 2nd inning.

yea, the great Dice-K experiment should be put out of its misery.

Seriously, Japanese pitchers are good for a year and then the rest of baseball figures out their "deceptive deliveries."

In minor league news my Squirrels are starting to gel. Its a young team but I see a few them moving into MLB soon enough. Now if only we can get lazy ass Richmond officials to build a new ballpark before another team leaves us. Thankfully Squirrels haven't put the pressure on yet but they definitely want a new one soon.

Archived