Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN iReport: Students Civil Rights Violated by University Police (George Mason)

No Excuses

The story isn't made up. It's been confirmed on facebook by the guys friends, roommates etc. The facts aren't verified but the main story is true and you can check on the Mason Police website that he was arrested.

I just find it ridiculous that campus police which is usually really good at diffusing minor disputes would go so out of their way to punish a student.

Which part? The part where a kid arguing over a study room gets arrested, jailed, and charged with felony abduction? Cuz that's the part that sounds unreal to me.
Pretty much covers it. As been discussed, who leaves their stuff? Who moves somebodies stuff? Who calls the cops? Etc. It sounds more like he is a stalker who is playing the race card to try to get himself out of a bind.

Jackwagons.

lol, oh that is going to be on this message board for years....jackwagons, haha

Which part? The part where a kid arguing over a study room gets arrested, jailed, and charged with felony abduction? Cuz that's the part that sounds unreal to me.

exactly, the only part i find completely unreal is that they actually put this guy in jail....over a study room. it's not even like they arrested him there, they sought him out well after the fact.

The story isn't made up. It's been confirmed on facebook by the guys friends, roommates etc. The facts aren't verified but the main story is true and you can check on the Mason Police website that he was arrested.

I just find it ridiculous that campus police which is usually really good at diffusing minor disputes would go so out of their way to punish a student.

to be honest, i think someone got it right earlier, police in such a boring area look to create something more. i had a friend that was tackled by mall security outside of potomac mills when he was younger because one of the guys on the segways (sp?) almost ran him down and he yelled at him for it. really, he shouldn't have yelled, but what do you do in that situation? a rent a cop tries to go through you to get where he was going, if it was that important the guy would have kept on going, but he had enough time to come back and start using racials slurs and cussing at him for objecting to getting run over. about 45 minutes later he is tackled while leaving the mall, out of the blue. just crazy man.

The student questioned their authority. We must all be good little sheep and never make appeals against law enforcement. It will only inspire their revenge.

Pretty much covers it. As been discussed, who leaves their stuff? Who moves somebodies stuff? Who calls the cops? Etc. It sounds more like he is a stalker who is playing the race card to try to get himself out of a bind.

wait what? if anyone is a stalker it's johnny lawrence sir, you are in the wrong thread!

gallery_william_zabka_1_1.jpg

but seriously, where did the stalker thing come from? wouldn't that have been covered in the arrest too? or at least somewhere in the girls complaints? just kinda sounds fabricated on your part.

I can't tell if you're serious with these questions but, I'll help anyway.

Who leaves their stuff?-A lot of people do it. If they have important studying to do, I would not be surprised (unless your laptop is in there, who would want your school stuff?)

Who moves somebody's stuff? Jerks.

Huh? :rubeyes:

Wow. That is a Bob Beamon-esque leap.

wait what? if anyone is a stalker it's johnny lawrence sir, you are in the wrong thread!

gallery_william_zabka_1_1.jpg

but seriously, where did the stalker thing come from? wouldn't that have been covered in the arrest too? or at least somewhere in the girls complaints? just kinda sounds fabricated on your part.

First off, we know that Johnny Lawrence was framed and was the victim of a smear campaign.

As far as stalking is concerned. I have a girl who is claiming abduction. I have police. I have a guy with a shaky story. Certainly seems like as much possibility as anything else.

to be honest, i think someone got it right earlier, police in such a boring area look to create something more.

I could believe this. My wife and I took our daughter up to visit her grandparents on Saturday, and we decided to all go to a nice children's playground. To get there, we had to drive past Chesterbrook Elementary School in McLean. They were having some sort of school fair; there were a ton of kids running around in facepaint, and the traffic was backup up because there were no less than 3-4 squad cars directing traffic and crossers. For a road that only has one lane each direction.

My dad and I had a quick conversation about what you have to do if you're a cop on the McLean beat, and the answer is probably not a whole hell of a lot, other than stopping "Carruthers" from having a huge party at his parents house while they're away traveling Europe. And as my father pointed out, the cops were all greybeards, the McLean beat is probably a reward for years of service in other jurisdictions of the county.

Anyway, I was relating it to the OP in that it was funny they needed four squad cars to do a job that one or even none could have probably accomplished, but it speaks to what I quoted, they were just looking for something to do since McLean is a relatively boring area from a crime perspective.

First off, we know that Johnny Lawrence was framed and was the victim of a smear campaign.

As far as stalking is concerned. I have a girl who is claiming abduction. I have police. I have a guy with a shaky story. Certainly seems like as much possibility as anything else.

Well I am at work. I will be leaving work at some point. I have an apparent Johnny Lawrence smear campaign. Certainly seems like I'm going to be making lasagna tonight.

Hell of a leap! wow. :ols: :ols:

I don't see anything that I haven't seen before in that part of the story. I've seen kids leave their crap all over the place at Mason. I've also seen people call the cops for all sorts of stupid things including

(click the link it's hilarious and safe for work).

I think it's more likely that he freaked out more than he admits to doing and probably was a bigger ******* to police than he lets on. Also I think the girl's dad likely called over there and wondered why the hell he wasn't arrested which is why they showed up the second time. Wouldn't you if your daughter told you a crazy guy locked the door to a quiet room with your daughter trapped in it?

I could believe this. My wife and I took our daughter up to visit her grandparents on Saturday, and we decided to all go to a nice children's playground. To get there, we had to drive past Chesterbrook Elementary School in McLean. They were having some sort of school fair; there were a ton of kids running around in facepaint, and the traffic was backup up because there were no less than 3-4 squad cars directing traffic and crossers. For a road that only has one lane each direction.

My dad and I had a quick conversation about what you have to do if you're a cop on the McLean beat, and the answer is probably not a whole hell of a lot, other than stopping "Carruthers" from having a huge party at his parents house while they're away traveling Europe. And as my father pointed out, the cops were all greybeards, the McLean beat is probably a reward for years of service in other jurisdictions of the county.

Anyway, I was relating it to the OP in that it was funny they needed four squad cars to do a job that one or even none could have probably accomplished, but it speaks to what I quoted, they were just looking for something to do since McLean is a relatively boring area from a crime perspective.

lol no doubt

If any of you have ever had to use a laundryroom/laundromat, and you get back to the dryer just a few minutes after the timer was set to expire, only to find someone took all your clothes out and left them on the table in a wrinkled bundel just because they were impatient, then you can relate to the frustration the guy probably felt. It's happened to me. I folded my clothes then opened the dryer I had used and placed the wet clothes on the table. I shouldn't have retaliated, but I was pretty ticked. You shouldn't touch another person's stuff just because you are impatient.

The girl basically did a space theft, like when a car has its signal on and is going to pull into a spot only for some jackwagon to slip in and steal the spot at the last second.

If I wre him I would've gone in there, said "thanks for throwing my things outside like I wasn't using the room" and then started studying in the room again regardless of her presence. You get the room back, and now it's on her to either act or continue studying, making her the agressor and you t reasonable one for sharing the room despite being disrespected by an impatient jerk.

If any of you have ever had to use a laundryroom/laundromat, and you get back to the dryer just a few minutes after the timer was set to expire, only to find someone took all your clothes out and left them on the table in a wrinkled bundel just because they were impatient, then you can relate to the frustration the guy probably felt. It's happened to me. I folded my clothes then opened the dryer I had used and placed the wet clothes on the table. I shouldn't have retaliated, but I was pretty ticked. You shouldn't touch another person's stuff just because you are impatient.

The girl basically did a space theft, like when a car has its signal on and is going to pull into a spot only for some jackwagon to slip in and steal the spot at the last second.

If I wre him I would've gone in there, said "thanks for throwing my things outside like I wasn't using the room" and then started studying in the room again regardless of her presence. You get the room back, and now it's on her to either act or continue studying, making her the agressor and you t reasonable one for sharing the room despite being disrespected by an impatient jerk.

i agree, not only with your post but your correct use of the term 'jackwagon'

Here's where this goes awry, for me at least. She could not possibly have known when he would be returning, or when he left. For all she knew he could have been getting a reference book and back in 30 seconds. This means for his story to be correct, she would have had to just walk up to any unoccupied stall/room and immediately empty it without waiting. He is lying somewhere in his story, plain and simple. Whether that lie justifies the end is up for debate.

Here's where this goes awry, for me at least. Blah, blah, blah. He is lying somewhere in his story, plain and simple.

Her's where your posts in this thread go awry, for me at least. You reach wild conclusions based on either faulty logic (as in the post above) or on breathtaking misreading of evidence ("he was probably stalking her" WTF?). My advice (not that you'll heed it) would be to simply quit posting in this thread.

Here's where this goes awry, for me at least. She could not possibly have known when he would be returning, or when he left. For all she knew he could have been getting a reference book and back in 30 seconds. This means for his story to be correct, she would have had to just walk up to any unoccupied stall/room and immediately empty it without waiting. He is lying somewhere in his story, plain and simple. Whether that lie justifies the end is up for debate.

And why is it so hard to believe that this is exactly what might have happened? Apparently the stalls/rooms were very busy as the guy was going all over to try and find one. So some jackwagon is looking also, finds the room unoccupied and says "f it..its mine now" and proceeds to put the other person's stuff outside without bothering to see if the person had just gone to the restroom or something. Some people just don't think of anyone but themselves, period (like the aforementioned asses who turn into a space you have clearly been waiting for in a parking lot). Now, I wasn't there, so I can't say that is what happened or not but you seem hell bent on assuming a lot of things here.

Archived