Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN iReport: Students Civil Rights Violated by University Police (George Mason)

No Excuses

Her's where your posts in this thread go awry, for me at least. You reach wild conclusions based on either faulty logic (as in the post above) or on breathtaking misreading of evidence ("he was probably stalking her" WTF?). My advice (not that you'll heed it) would be to simply quit posting in this thread.
Uh-oh the thread police. (Complete with false quoting I might add.) Nice.

Here's where this goes awry, for me at least. She could not possibly have known when he would be returning, or when he left. For all she knew he could have been getting a reference book and back in 30 seconds. This means for his story to be correct, she would have had to just walk up to any unoccupied stall/room and immediately empty it without waiting. He is lying somewhere in his story, plain and simple. Whether that lie justifies the end is up for debate.

That's a good point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she glanced at the room several times, and noticed it was empty for 10 minutes or so. Then again 7 minutes is a pretty specific number. Perhaps she was already there, saw him leave, and after 5 to 7 minutes decided he wouldn't be back for a while and then made her move. Perhaps he was gone 20 minutes and she threw his stuff out after 15. Even if she saw the room was empty for a couple hours, it doesn;t justify throwing someone's stuff out of the room. She could have just started working in the room, and if he was gone for so long, when he got back she could've said "sorry, you were gone for so long so I started using the room too, and then try to share the room.

But I doubt she was spying the room for several hours, it probably was a 10-30 minute window, which for some people, impatient me, me,me, now, now, now people, is an eternity. Heck, my clothes were removed from a dryer when they were still warm, and were still warm when I got there 4 minutes after the dryer was supposed to have ended. In my case I wouldn;t be surprised if the person saw there was 2-3 minutes left on the dryer and took my stuff out early, that way they wouldn;t be around when I got there. Still don;t know why they'd think they'd get away wit it when they were using the dryer I just was using. Then again some people are that impatient and have that deluded of a sense of entitlement.

every single person in that story is a Grade A Douche

FWIW

the best way to deal with bureaucratic idiots is to 1) pick fights carefully because they can make life annoying 2) when you pick a fight, keep going over their heads until you get to the executives/people that have to deal with PR.

It worked for me when campus parking and my campus job teamed up to **** me over on parking tickets. I ended up not getting rehired, but I didn't pay their god damn tickets.

its situations like this that make me want to believe in karma. smh at society.

What's "smh?" I've been seeing it a lot lately on the interwebz. I have no idea what that means.

---------- Post added March-14th-2011 at 09:05 PM ----------

every single person in that story is a Grade A Douche

Case closed. :)

Archived