Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ON: Export hopes for urine-boiled eggs

China

Export hopes for urine-boiled eggs

Traditional chefs in China are hoping their local speciality - spring eggs hardboiled in boys' urine - will catch on worldwide.

The dish has been a local delicacy in Dongyang, Zhejiang province, eastern China, for thousands of years.

Now culture officials want to spread the gospel about the recipe which they hope to export to other countries.

"The urine is gathered from local schools and the very best comes from boys under 10 years old. They pee in buckets and we collect it fresh every day," explained chef Lu Ming.

Then the eggs - which have official cultural significance status - are boiled in the urine, first with their shells on and then with them off for a day and a night before they're ready to be eaten.

Click on the link for the full article

Stupidest thing I ever heard.

Waiting for someone to post "Don't knock it 'til you try it" or "Hey it's a different culture don't be so ignorant." It's not exotic or unique. It's just eggs boiled in little boy piss.

Waiting for someone to post "Don't knock it 'til you try it" or "Hey it's a different culture don't be so ignorant." It's not exotic or unique. It's just eggs boiled in little boy piss.

I think eating the insides of animals is pretty gross if you think about it. Maybe it actually tastes good? Though, it is one of the many things that makes you wonder what creepy person thought to do this kind of thing.

"The urine is gathered from local schools and the very best comes from boys under 10 years old. They pee in buckets and we collect it fresh every day," explained chef Lu Ming ---

Yucksauce. throwing in the adjective "fresh" makes it even more nasty to me... though I guess its better then "stale" ten year old boy pee...

boiling once with the shell on is bad enough, boiling again with the shell off sounds like a prank on the consumer.

Parents of twin boys have the advantage in regards to a homemmade recipe.

"The urine is gathered from local schools and the very best comes from boys under 10 years old. They pee in buckets and we collect it fresh every day," explained chef Lu Ming ---

Yucksauce. throwing in the adjective "fresh" makes it even more nasty to me... though I guess its better then "stale" ten year old boy pee...

Glad they cleared it up for me. At first I thought they secretly snuck into elementary school bathrooms, and scooped it out of the toilets.

I mean, who says it has to be "fresh" urine. Little boy's urine could be like a fine wine - it just gets better with age.

Glad they cleared it up for me. At first I thought they secretly snuck into elementary school bathrooms, and scooped it out of the toilets.

I mean, who says it has to be "fresh" urine. Little boy's urine could be like a fine wine - it just gets better with age.

No no no, you have it all wrong. Old man urine ages like a fine wine. They save that for the rice noodles and the egg drop soup.

I think eating the insides of animals is pretty gross if you think about it. Maybe it actually tastes good? Though, it is one of the many things that makes you wonder what creepy person thought to do this kind of thing.

I agree with you. Also, it took a brave man to eat the first oyster.

I wouldn't eat one anyway, but to think of one after the kids had asparagus is even double nasty.

Red is considered a lucky color in China. Do you think they feed the little boys lots of beets about a week before major Chinese holidays?

Archived