Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

• 2 weeks later...

Today on Stubhub for the Miami game, there are midfield clubs, b/t the 40s, home side. Listed price is less than STH's cost for comparable lower level seating. This is a record low for the secondary market on opening day. We haven't even started losing yet. 

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets-washington-redskins-landover-fedexfield-9-13-2015/event/9298613/

Today on Stubhub for the Miami game, there are midfield clubs, b/t the 40s, home side. Listed price is less than STH's cost for comparable lower level seating. This is a record low for the secondary market on opening day. We haven't even started losing yet.

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets-washington-redskins-landover-fedexfield-9-13-2015/event/9298613/

Sigh......makes me feel better about splitting my tickets this season.

On the other hand, almost all GA tickets are going at cost or higher everywhere in the stadium. Yes, there are a few singles going for less than cost. How many fans buy just one seat for a game? And there are a handful of 2 seats and higher showing $5-10 under cost. The only real problem are the club level seats.

This as of 1:34 pm on Friday.

Edited by SonnyandSam

Seats in my section, (236), were selling for $137.00, and only 1 pair was left.   That makes me feel a little better.  I'll just try not too look at it tomorrow, when they're down to $50.00!! :)

St. Louis game has a pair on 236 row 6 for $68 each.  :(

On the other hand, almost all GA tickets are going at cost or higher everywhere in the stadium. Yes, there are a few singles going for less than cost. How many fans buy just one seat for a game? And there are a handful of 2 seats and higher showing $5-10 under cost. The only real problem are the club level seats.

This as of 1:34 pm on Friday.

I find it amazing that exclusive club seats were advertised at $200, per seat, per game, for the max 10 year contract in 1996. Less than a decade later they would advertise for more than double that price per seat, per game*. Today those same club seats can be had for less than ever before, and even les$ than comparable GAs in the lower level. Where's the exclusivity gone? smirk

*It should be noted that club seat contracts were negotiable by the mid 2000s, unlike a decade earlier.

Menu for the all you can eat premium buffet on the club level this week includes chicken breast, ribs, a couple of salad options (tropical garden and pasta), a few sides (cole slaw, green beans, baked beans), corn bread, and cookies and brownies. The Redskins are asking $99 for this.  I think they are on drugs in Ashburn.

• Like 1

I find it amazing that exclusive club seats were advertised at $200, per seat, per game, for the max 10 year contract in 1996. Less than a decade later they would advertise for more than double that price per seat, per game*. Today those same club seats can be had for less than ever before, and even les$ than comparable GAs in the lower level. Where's the exclusivity gone? smirk

*It should be noted that club seat contracts were negotiable by the mid 2000s, unlike a decade earlier.

What the Skins are doing these days is giving the face value per season as $4100, $5200, or $6800 (depending on the zone) and then selling them for 40 percent off.....so the cheapest I've heard folks getting them for is $2400/season (plus tax, etc). Don't think you have to sign up for more than a year.  Still, the Stubhub option blows that away.

I just happened to be looking at my account on line and noticed a new "invoice" for playoff tickets.  They haven't even played the first game.  WTF?  Since I haven't seen an actual invoice for this, I am ignoring it, but seriously?  We already have to renew 7 months before the season starts.

I just happened to be looking at my account on line and noticed a new "invoice" for playoff tickets.  They haven't even played the first game.  WTF?  Since I haven't seen an actual invoice for this, I am ignoring it, but seriously?  We already have to renew 7 months before the season starts.

Don't sweat it.   Read this thread.   http://es.redskins.com/topic/392523-nfl-offers-early-pay-as-we-play-option-for-postseason-games-to-season-ticket-holders/

Saw some today in 401 row 16 for the Rams game for $45 each...I paid $76 (plus preseason).....d'oh!

Based on the TV shots today, they should have just lopped off the top 10-15 rows around the entire upper level.  Lots of open seats.  The FedEx walls of shame are embarrassing.  The whole bubble wrap, errr plastic walls.

Based on the TV shots today, they should have just lopped off the top 10-15 rows around the entire upper level.  Lots of open seats.  The FedEx walls of shame are embarrassing.  The whole bubble wrap, errr plastic walls.

The largest six sections on each side of the field have 21 rows now, down from 29.  At kickoff the top four rows in the outer most of those six sections looked empty, but filled in some as the game progressed. 

The largest six sections on each side of the field have 21 rows now, down from 29.  At kickoff the top four rows in the outer most of those six sections looked empty, but filled in some as the game progressed. 

Based on TV, they could have just lopped off the entire upper deck.  Regardless I would have just made a clean cut of the top 10-15 rows and backtracked as necessary.

Based on TV, they could have just lopped off the entire upper deck.  Regardless I would have just made a clean cut of the top 10-15 rows and backtracked as necessary.

Hopefully they're taking this into consideration when designing the new stadium.  I'm thinking the new place should have 30K in the lower bowl, 10K tops in the club, and 20K tops in the upper deck.

I was kind of digging my new seats this year.  Row 1 in the upper level. No issues seeing any of the plays develop.  No one standing in front of me.   A nice little ledge to put my feet and or drink.      I didn't really have any issues with the glass interfering, but the small 1/2 inch gap between the glass was a bit of an annoyance, wish it was a single sheet.

post-199400-0-60946800-1442197310_thumb.

Hopefully they're taking this into consideration when designing the new stadium.  I'm thinking the new place should have 30K in the lower bowl, 10K tops in the club, and 20K tops in the upper deck.

To host a super bowl you have to be able to seat at least 72k fans, I believe. I know it's in the 70's, it might be over 75 but I don't think so...

So you need to come up with another 15k seats.

BTW Fedex is at 78k right now. So... new stadium is going to be roughly the same capacity as what we have now. Just hopefully designed better....

Though I guess I don't care, new stadium will require PSLs and there's zero chance I'm doing that anyways so...

I think they are listing FedEx at around 75K right now but I have no idea how they've come up with that number.  From a high of 92K, they've ripped out a good 20K from the upper deck and more from the club level......the SRO section of the club is now tarped off.  I think its more like 70K now,

And Levis Stadium has a listed capacity of under 70K, and its hosting the SB this year. The new Minnesota stadium under construction is also under 70K and I believe has already been awarded a SB.  Don't know whether these stadiums can expand to more capacity.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/nfl-super-bowl-demands-minneapolis

That lists it at 70k

One thing to remember is that pretty much every team that builds a new stadium gets a guarantee from the NFL that they'll host a super bowl shortly after opening. New York isn't supposed to get one because it doesn't have a roof and it's in cold weather, but they did because they built a new stadium. I believe it's just to offset the cost of building it (I can't think of another reason?)

So I wouldn't be surprised if a new stadium gets you 1, but if you don't have 70k or more capacity you don't get another. I do know that the NFL has listed it as a requirement, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not really enforced...

T, I think a new stadium will get us one SB here in DC, but that's it. And its independent of size, IMO. Just think the league is going to largely stick with having the games in sports which are likely to be warmer in early February, like Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona, and SoCal (especially if/when LA gets a team), with the northern places that build new stadiums getting their token one big game.