Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I blame it on people who don't go to the games often enough to understand how it all works, and by extension the organization for creating a stadium that is not friendly to the novice.

everyone i know that goes regularly has found a way to enjoy it (minus the terrible football play part) and it's always the people that don't go often that have trouble.

there's a list of classic mistakes people make that really ruin the entire experience for them. the team certainly has some responsibility in that because they built it and decide how to do things, but to a certain extent so do the people going to the game that don't put any effort into finding out the tricks.

the big one is just the pure lack of respect for how horrible traffic is in the DC area... the UMD game a week ago had the same problem. DC area has terrible traffic on a random Saturday afternoon, of course it's much worse when you have almost 100k people trying to navigate to a specific area in addition to everything else. even moreso when it's a prime time game with rush hour in the mix.

i don't know how they can build a stadium in DC (or just outside) that won't have that problem...

I hope that the "dedicated tailgating area" doesn't affect the ES tailgate.

I agree that tailgaters shouldn't take uo extra spaces, but trying to get to the game an hour before kickoff is just poor planning...

I was given a heads up about this just yesterday (Monday the 16th) so I am still working to get a handle on this.

The "herd the tailgaters to the back end of a parking lot" discussion was at about this time six years ago.  Back then, I believe the problems were prevalent in green lots; our orange lot wasn't an issue.  I was able to get my concerns resolved with respect to the specific area where we tailgate, and continues to be solid (although there was an RV type vehicle that took up seven parking spaces in the front of our lot at the Eagles game).

I don't know if there is a real solution here.  Each major tailgate's location is strategic and I don't see people very happy with uprooting from their location.  This coming season, another tailgate from a nearby lot will be joining ours because of our strategic location; I would hate to see it go away.

Two things need to be stressed:

1. You can't expect to find preferred parking (i.e., front row) when you leave your house an hour before kickoff; it's just not going to happen.
  2. Tailgaters need to do so responsibly which includes not taking several parking spaces with tents and such.

Perhaps the Fan Captains can help with the latter?

Edited by HouseBowlrz

Here's a little blurb about the new tailgating policies in 2009.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/06/why_redskins_tailgaters_are_st.html

It's funny how much people fear change. 

"When the new policy goes into effect, legendary tailgates such as The Gate C Crew, The Four C's, The DTC, Area 51, Extreme Skins, Redskinsheads, FdaCowboys and many more will be disbanded and moved to various random locations throughout the lots"

Here's a little blurb about the new tailgating policies in 2009.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/06/why_redskins_tailgaters_are_st.html

It's funny how much people fear change. 

"When the new policy goes into effect, legendary tailgates such as The Gate C Crew, The Four C's, The DTC, Area 51, Extreme Skins, Redskinsheads, FdaCowboys and many more will be disbanded and moved to various random locations throughout the lots"

You can roll your eyes and make fun of us, but the main concerns outlined are ones you've confirmed to be an issue. People travel from all over to attend redskins games, some from hours away (I have no idea how they do it, but we know people do it.) Getting into the lot is a pain in the ass as it is when you know what you're doing, where you're going, and you arrive early enough - trying to get 4+ cars together in a lot beforehand then caravanning to the lot? Why should 3/4 of the tailgate have to wait in a separate lot for 30+ minutes if someone is running late, just for the sake of being able to park near each other?

I'm willing to try whatever to make the entire process better for everyone, but I'd like to see some more thought put into the plan than just direct where every car parks, put the tailgaters at the back, and if you don't show up together then too bad...

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

Not sure what you mean by 'waiting in a separate lot' if a member of a party is later arriving. 

the whole conversation about having to caravan to the game if you have multiple cars trying to tailgate together?

you have to meet up somewhere to caravan to the parking lots, so I would assume most would meet somewhere just outside the stadium, and when everyone's arrived head over to the stadium. since, from my experience, most tailgates include people coming from all over the place.

you said - yeah, that's how it has to work.

that's the main complaint in the article you posted as "fearing change"

it's not about fearing change, it's about a serious question that no one has an answer other than "meet up somewhere and drive together from there to the game" to and for many that's just not a reasonable solution.

Edited by tshile

Ah, ok I thought you meant a separate stadium lot. Vehicles that wish to park together at Giants/Jets simply have to enter the lots together, the same way hard core ESers have done for years in Landover. The ES tg becomes pretty much unapproachable to later arriving vehicles with 2 hours of a kickoff as it is. Later arriving parties in Jersey have to walk to other TGs from wherever they are directed to park upon arrival. 

As far as later arrivals in Landover, we have so much room in our lots compared to most stadiums. I don't think it will ever be necessary to enforce uniform parking placement like they do in Jersey. Later arriving vehicles in Landover will continue to get screwed. Lets face it, we're spoiled by the abundance of tailgate space we enjoy. 

One more note, the Meadowlands allows people to set up there TGs in the travel lanes between the rows of parked cars. Because everybody arrives at the same time, you don't have straggling vehicles grid locked by sprawling tailgates and corn hole games. 

Ah, ok I thought you meant a separate stadium lot. Vehicles that wish to park together at Giants/Jets simply have to enter the lots together, the same way hard core ESers have done for years in Landover. The ES tg becomes pretty much unapproachable to later arriving vehicles with 2 hours of a kickoff as it is. Later arriving parties in Jersey have to walk to other TGs from wherever they are directed to park upon arrival. 

As far as later arrivals in Landover, we have so much room in our lots compared to most stadiums. I don't think it will ever be necessary to enforce uniform parking placement like they do in Jersey. Later arriving vehicles in Landover will continue to get screwed. Lets face it, we're spoiled by the abundance of tailgate space we enjoy. 

One more note, the Meadowlands allows people to set up there TGs in the travel lanes between the rows of parked cars. Because everybody arrives at the same time, you don't have straggling vehicles grid locked by sprawling tailgates and corn hole games. 

My point was that your criticism of the article was "fearing change" when the main issue outlined was, as you've again confirmed to be a legitimate concern, that your tailgate must show up together to park together. For some that's unreasonable. The ES tailgate is in so many ways not like the average tailgate. Furthermore, telling everyone who wants to tailgate to show up to gates together before they open isn't going to solve the problem, you'll still be separated unless you meet up somewhere and then caravan the rest of the way.

I get what you're saying about having more room and allowing for some better parking practices. Maybe the answer is to be able to tell the people directing traffic - "Hey, I have 3 more cars coming" and they park you in the next spot then allocate the next 3 spaces for your party arriving later. Or maybe that would create too many issues and the best thing is to say - tailgaters in these lots, nontailgaters in those lots. They can direct the parking of the nontailgaters to improve the experience, and let the tailgating lots be a free for all like all lots currently are.

I'm open to a lot of suggestions. But my main concern is always going to be - How do you improve this and allow tailgaters to still meet up at the stadium? Even if the Redskins had a plan last time, I think it's clear they didn't communicate it very well. It doesn't help that our biggest local media groups have a bigger interest in pot stirring than in trying to help out stadium goers with new policies :(

I think what tshile is saying (and I agree) is that it's really impractical to expect vehicles who tailgate together to actually enter the lots together.  Above you described it as "simply" but I don't think it is simple at all.  I tailgate with about 2 or 3 other groups and we all arrive at different times -- the notion that all 3 cars would have to meet up at an outside lot, including waiting for a significant time for anyone who's late or stuck in traffic, really does not work.  

I think what would make sense generally is to have areas closed off once they fill up -- I tailgate in the green lot right off Arena Drive, and tailgaters pretty much use the area in between the rows once it gets to be 11 AM or so and the parking spots are mostly filled up.   The problem arises when late-comers (1130 or later) try to get greedy and get a spot close to Arena Drive, rather than drive further into the Green lot as everyone else is doing.  They are trying to park next to people who arrived at 9 AM.  

• Like 1

I finally got a call for lower level season tickets does anybody know what the price is?

The prices vary.

From MTH's thread - http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-fedexfield/

Lower Level Mid-Field Sections 101, 121, 122, 142:  $139 plus 10% tax = $152.90 each

Lower Level Sidelines excluding above sections:  $119 plus 10% tax = $130.90 each

Lower Level Endzone & Corners:*  $109 plus 10% tax = $119.90 each

Upper Level Sidelines, Front Corners, Mid Corners, Rows 1-15:  $84 plus 10% tax = $92.40 each

Upper level Sidelines, Rows 16-29:  $69 plus 10% tax = $75.90

Upper Level Endzone & Back Corners:  $69 plus 10% tax = $75.90

1. Tailgaters need to do so responsibly which includes not taking several parking spaces with tents and such.

Perhaps the Fan Captains can help with the latter?

While I absolutely agree with you, what is it you expect us Fan Captains to do? People have no respect for the stadium staff and the directions they give, especially after game. You expect someone to respect the requests of a Fan Captain? That's not going to happen.

But you're right, part of it is on the people who tailgate. If people would clean up a little earlier and vacate the open spots they take up with their equipment, this wouldn't be such an issue. Might have more people in their seats at kickoff too...

Isnt it a good thing that there are crowds and so many people tailgating and getting there early even at the end of losing seasons. 

I mean better yet would be winning seasons but as that was not an option last year I am still impressed with the fans. 

Well, at the end of the losing season the lots were empty. You could have built tent cities everwhere and no one would bother you.

This has been a problem since FedEx opened. Not last year or the year before, at the end of miserable seasons, just generally a problem since the stadium opened. The parking layout was just terribly thought out.

...got a reminder email that I have not renewed my tickets yet....waiting till the last second to do this as I will be doing the 6 months financing deal with my Redskins Credit Card.

As for asking questions for Bruce:

What changes do they have planned for Training camp? ...will there be picnic tables available near the food trucks?

Just renewed my seats in Sec. 235, row 2. This is my first year in a decade I've actually lived within 1,000 of the stadium, so looking forward to getting to more games and seeing some of you guys at the ES tailgate!

Nice!

We're in 236, row 8. I split my tickets, for the upcoming season. It made it a little less painful, wallet-wise. We love our seats, but were willing to give them up if we couldn't find someone to split 'em.

I am back in. Boy I hope the loyalty program is something nice (I am not holding my breath) and that we win!

So am I.

The nats have a good program. I mean look at this - http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/sth/benefits_chart.jsp

That's how you treat your season ticket holders.

A lot of that is gimmicky stuff, but some of it is absolutely awesome. Dedicated park entrance and 'skip the line' style lines at concession stands is awesome.

I'm easy to please, it wouldn't take much to make me happy on this one.

So am I.

The nats have a good program. I mean look at this - http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/sth/benefits_chart.jsp

That's how you treat your season ticket holders.

A lot of that is gimmicky stuff, but some of it is absolutely awesome. Dedicated park entrance and 'skip the line' style lines at concession stands is awesome.

I'm easy to please, it wouldn't take much to make me happy on this one.

I am going to the Fan Forum. I plan on bringing this up. I know there is a major difference. Not sure how many Season ticket holders the Nats have but it is not 80,000 Plus