Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Sweet.... Just got my seat assignments. Sec 401 row 5. SOOOOOO Pumped!

Are you a first season season ticket holder? And you got 50 yard line seats in row 5? Gonna be some pissed off fans in sections 401 and 402 who did not get upgraded. But congrats. Those are sweet seats for the upper deck!

Are you a first season season ticket holder? And you got 50 yard line seats in row 5? Gonna be some pissed off fans in sections 401 and 402 who did not get upgraded. But congrats. Those are sweet seats for the upper deck!

Well.... I used to have season tickets, and forfeited them (when I moved cross country for a year), then came back to them again.... so I don't know how that stacks up.

I had to email them and send them a letter about shipping my tickets to another location because I will be out of town.... lets see how this goes!

You can change you mailing address with your Redskins account.

---------- Post added July-12th-2012 at 06:16 AM ----------

Well.... I used to have season tickets, and forfeited them (when I moved cross country for a year), then came back to them again.... so I don't know how that stacks up.

I started in Section 401 row 29, the next year I made it to row 1 after adding to seats to my account. Good seats but they're not the 50 yard line; conner end zone visitor side.

---------- Post added July-12th-2012 at 06:16 AM ----------

I started in Section 401 row 29, the next year I made it to row 1 after adding to seats to my account. Good seats but they're not the 50 yard line; conner end zone visitor side.

Well, whatever you are.....those are pretty sweet seats for people who enjoy the 50 yard line

---------- Post added July-12th-2012 at 12:28 PM ----------

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/13724733-418/49-for-bears-tailgate-parking.html

So a lot of folks complain about the $35 parking fee that Danny charges us. If you are a Bears fan, you get to pay $49 plus fees (taxes?) to park at Soldier Field this year. It's been $40 or more since 2006. The story also notes it costs $40 to park at Green Bay lots.

So I'm not defending $35 as reasonable; but like I've posted before, Danny does not charge as much as many other NFL teams. i.e. the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Many often charge Danny with being a greedy SOB who cares about nothing but money. Obviously, I don't agree with such an assessment. He spends lots of money on the team and coaches; he just hasn't spent it well in the past. And he has spent millions on improvements to FedEx Field over the years. He does not charge as much for tickets, parking, or even food and beverage as many other big market teams. He, as well as all the other owners, are businessmen. They are trying to make money on their investment. I don't begrudge him that. But I think it is only fair to recognize that revenue that he could have kept as profit has often been plowed back into the team and the stadium.

I agree that all of the above are overpriced. And many teams, including the Redskins, are finding out that during this prolonged economic slump that fans are staying home to watch rather than spend that kind of money on their favorite team, especially a team that has been losing for so many years.

I'll return you to your regular programming now.......;)

Many often charge Danny with being a greedy SOB who cares about nothing but money. Obviously, I don't agree with such an assessment. He spends lots of money on the team and coaches; he just hasn't spent it well in the past. And he has spent millions on improvements to FedEx Field over the years. He does not charge as much for tickets, parking, or even food and beverage as many other big market teams.

Three words dude: Expired airline peanuts.

You hit the nail on the head, Sonny and Sam. But congrats jfried! I can't complain how quickly I've moved around the field the last couple of years.... but GD!

Three more words: On Site Tailgating

FedEx has more real estate to tailgate than just about every other stadium. Green Bay has limited on site parking. Chicago has limited on site parking. Seattle. Baltimore. Dallas. Denver.

Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Chiefs, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Bills have the most room to tailgate.

Three more words: On Site Tailgating

FedEx has more real estate to tailgate than just about every other stadium. Green Bay has limited on site parking. Chicago has limited on site parking. Seattle. Baltimore. Dallas. Denver.

Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Chiefs, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Bills have the most room to tailgate.

Expired peanuts dude. Snyder bought tons of peanuts from a bankrupt airline and sold them to Redskins fans.

But yeah, I love tailgating at Fed Ex. We set up a grill and everything, it's great.

Expired peanuts dude. Snyder bought tons of peanuts from a bankrupt airline and sold them to Redskins fans.

But yeah, I love tailgating at Fed Ex. We set up a grill and everything, it's great.

When I was young, I made a few mistakes too. If you learn from them, they become lessons. Deep breath brother.

When I was young, I made a few mistakes too. If you learn from them, they become lessons. Deep breath brother.

I'm just hungry. I could go for some expired cashews right about now.

And my brother in law keeps sending me photos from Rosedale BBQ in KC. Where is - right now - eating.

Never wanting for twisting the facts are you Levi? But then that's what happens when you rely on David McKenna as your source. First, Dan Snyder did not buy the peanuts nor order them to be sold at FedEx Field. The Redskins had a contractor called CenterPlate that oversees the concessions at FedEx Field. CenterPlate stated the peanuts were bought from the same supplier used by Independence Air back in November 2005. And yes, Independence Air did go out of business. CenterPlate was told the peanuts had a shelf life of one year.. Peanuts were sold during the 2006 season. And perhaps a little known food fact is that a lot of food, including peanuts are still edible and tasty after the expiration date on the food. Normally, the expiration date refers to the date after which the food can no longer be sold. Food can and is eaten after the expiration date. BUT it is buyer beware.

Did anyone get sick? Were there massive/any complaints during the 2006 season? No. The only complaint I ever could find was the guy McKenna quoted in his article. And he did not complain the peanuts were rancid or tasted bad. He was just ticked that the Redskins sold him peanuts from Independence Air which had gone out of business.

Was it a smart thing for CenterPlate to cut corners on expenses? Probably not. Should the Redskins be micromanaging their contractor? But the insistence that Dan Snyder personally sold expired peanuts to fans is borderline ridiculous. But then it's always more fun to beat someone up than let the facts get in the way.

Let me add....there has clearly been mismanagement on the football and nonfootball side under Snyder's reign. Some really bad and a lot that have just been manipulated by guys like you and McKenna because you hate Dan Snyder. Over the past several years, things have improved on both sides.

Edited by SonnyandSam

I think the stadium experience has been much improved the last few years. The scoreboards, the the increase in food choices, the end of the cash lot shuttles. But the Nationals and Capitals crush the Redskins for the stadium experience (ok, I guess the teams play better too, but football is still the best). Still, what you recount is that expired peanuts were sold by the official concession stands at FedEx Field. So, it's true. If you more sensibly try to defend it as one mistake, I think people will validly jump on that too. However, ownership meddling in the team is either hidden or much less since the Zorn debacle. Snyder can only win people back by winning (and by that I mean the players he hired to play football, not actually himself).

Never wanting for twisting the facts are you Levi? But then that's what happens when you rely on David McKenna as your source. First, Dan Snyder did not buy the peanuts nor order them to be sold at FedEx Field. The Redskins had a contractor called CenterPlate that oversees the concessions at FedEx Field. CenterPlate stated the peanuts were bought from the same supplier used by Independence Air back in November 2005. And yes, Independence Air did go out of business. CenterPlate was told the peanuts had a shelf life of one year.. Peanuts were sold during the 2006 season. And perhaps a little known food fact is that a lot of food, including peanuts are still edible and tasty after the expiration date on the food. Normally, the expiration date refers to the date after which the food can no longer be sold. Food can and is eaten after the expiration date. BUT it is buyer beware.

Did anyone get sick? Were there massive/any complaints during the 2006 season? No. The only complaint I ever could find was the guy McKenna quoted in his article. And he did not complain the peanuts were rancid or tasted bad. He was just ticked that the Redskins sold him peanuts from Independence Air which had gone out of business.

Was it a smart thing for CenterPlate to cut corners on expenses? Probably not. Should the Redskins be micromanaging their contractor? But the insistence that Dan Snyder personally sold expired peanuts to fans is borderline ridiculous. But then it's always more fun to beat someone up than let the facts get in the way.

Let me add....there has clearly been mismanagement on the football and nonfootball side under Snyder's reign. Some really bad and a lot that have just been manipulated by guys like you and McKenna because you hate Dan Snyder. Over the past several years, things have improved on both sides.

yes, the two teams that have lead their division/conference in recent memory (nationals currently, capitals over the last few years. hell they won the presidents cup and were #1 in the entire league) are more fun to go watch than a team that hasn't even been relevant since 1991.

Go figure...

Edited by tshile

Look, I'm not gonna argue point by point on expired airline peanuts. I think it's pretty hilarious that you just delivered a 10 paragraph defense of what is not a big deal - but just a really, really funny example of Snyder at his worst. Hey, you want to buy defunct airline peanuts for $5 a bag? More power to you.

Just pointing out when you go on a "Our owner isn't worse than any other owners" tear that our owner once sold us peanuts from a bankrupt airline. It's really funny and that's what so many dour people here missed about that "A-Z" article. It had lots of little nuggets like that which weren't - in the scheme of things - a huge deal - but they are funny, and point just to a general decade of misery in all things large and small. This organization was directed in no uncertain terms to squeeze a loyal fanbase for every possible dime. If that meant buying in bulk expired concessions from a low-cost airline that went out of business, well hey, why not? That is on Snyder. He created this environment. From parking to peanuts, EVERY POSSIBLE CENT was to be rung out of this fanbase.

The fact that he was running the franchise into the ground on the field at the same time was just icing on the fail cake.

I'm glad genuinely, sincerely glad we aren't being sold expired airline peanuts any more, just like I'm glad Snyder isn't the GM any more. Let's hope things continue this way.

Edited by Crazy Levi

Look, I'm not gonna argue point by point on expired airline peanuts. I think it's pretty hilarious that you just delivered a 10 paragraph defense of what is not a big deal - but just a really, really funny example of Snyder at his worst. Hey, you want to buy defunct airline peanuts for $5 a bag? More power to you.

Not trying to speak for Sonny here, but for me, it's just a tired topic. Personally, I'm tired of reading/hearing about things Dan did years ago. He's got real football people in charge of the team now, so lets talk about that is all I am saying. I understand your frustration, and by no means am I saying it's not your right to spew things like this out, but personally, it's like a broken record and it's not amusing anymore.

Not trying to speak for Sonny here, but for me, it's just a tired topic. Personally, I'm tired of reading/hearing about things Dan did years ago. He's got real football people in charge of the team now, so lets talk about that is all I am saying. I understand your frustration, and by no means am I saying it's not your right to spew things like this out, but personally, it's like a broken record and it's not amusing anymore.

Takes two to tango bro. We are ALL tired of it. Yet people CONTINUE to bring it up. If people want to keep defending Snyder's past - we aren't talking current - behavior, you are gonna get people bringing up expired airline peanuts. You want to stop hearing the broken record, people need to stop putting the vinyl on the platter in the first place.

Edited by Crazy Levi

Takes two to tango bro. We are ALL tired of it. Yet people CONTINUE to bring it up. If people want to keep defending Snyder's past - we aren't talking current - behavior, you are gonna get people bringing up expired airline peanuts. You want to stop hearing the broken record, people need to stop putting the vinyl on the platter in the first place.

Well, if you turn in your needle (so to speak) that may eliminate some of the problem. Just saying.

Crazy Levi thinks Snyder is a tool. Sonny and Sam is an avowed Snyder Apologist. We get it.

According to this survey by ESPN The Redskins ranked 112 out of 122 major league sports teams in the nation in giving back to the fans in exchange for all the time, money and emotion the fans invest in them. The categories are Bang For The Buck, Fan Relations, Ownership, Affordability, Stadium Experience, Players, Coaching and Title Track.

Whether you love Snyder or not, this is unacceptable.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/category/stx

Edited by Rocky21

Crazy Levi thinks Snyder is a tool. Sonny and Sam is an avowed Snyder Apologist. We get it.

According to this survey by ESPN The Redskins ranked 112 out of 122 major league sports teams in the nation in giving back to the fans in exchange for all the time, money and emotion the fans invest in them. The categories are Bang For The Buck, Fan Relations, Ownership, Affordability, Stadium Experience, Players, Coaching and Title Track.

These polls are always BS. The Giants will probably go up a few notches from #90 after winning the Super Bowl. The 49er's, and Dodgers have really low rankings too. I wonder how theory would rank if the poll was conducted last week?

Really? You want to use an ESPN fan poll based on whoever voted (meaning specific number of fans per team were not polled, random interwebz users ranked the stadiums), that is specifically stated only used the last 3 years to factor in? Meaning only NFL teams that win a ton of games or have captured the casual NFL fan have the possibility of ranking in the top 10? Seriously? That entire poll is a popularity contest.

Top 10 NFL teams on the list by overall ranking After the season the Packers won the SB):

1. Green Bay Packers

2. New Orleans Saints

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Indianapolis Colts

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. New England Patriots

8. Jacksonville Jaguars

9. Kansas City Chiefs

10. Philadelphia Eagles

So the top 4 are (SURPRISE!!!) the last 4 teams to participate in the SB. Gee, I'm shocked. How the hell does that happen???