Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

The season isn't even over and they already want their money? Jeez.

Money is not due until April 1. March 1 if you choose to spread it out over three months. No different than most every team in the NFL.

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

After waiting for 10 years I finally got offered ST's... super pumped about it. I live in the Lehigh Valley in PA, so the drive down for me is like a mini vacation. Can't wait to find out where they stick me... heh. Any tips on what I should put in my special instructions for the Box Office?

Congratulations! That ride down will be pretty smooth. I drive from Harrisburg and it takes about 2 hours down; 3 back if you tailgate after the game before leaving. Think about where you prefer to sit. If you really prefer 50 yard line seats, press hard to get between the 40 yard lines if possible. I would also ask to be put below row 15. The view above is significantly farther and the walk up the very steep steps gets old real quick. On the other hand, if you can only get nose bleeds, people have been moving down fairly quickly lately. Also, if you are trying to get to the lower level as quickly as possible, you want to start out as close as possible. Typically, people below row 5 get first opportunities to move downstairs. That normally means picking endzone or corner endzone seats where you can move down more quickly. Seats between the 40s do not open up as quickly as seats near the end zones....just more popular. Don't forget to ask about a parking pass.

Are they really going to find people to pay $80K for those PSLs?!? That's amazing.

Didn't the Raiders have a bad experience with PSL's already in the Bay area? I know that Oakland, and the rest of the Bay area have two different economic bases, but WOW.

Didn't the Raiders have a bad experience with PSL's already in the Bay area? I know that Oakland, and the rest of the Bay area have two different economic bases, but WOW.

The Raiders had PSLs to finance the premium seating expansion of Mt. Davis when they returned to Oakland in 1995. They've sinced dropped the sale of new PSLs, probably due to a lack of demand. If the Niners can get a new stadium built in Sants Clara the Raiders are likely to follow. That will really piss off Niner PSL holders.

just renewed my seats for next year...

I have the $44 seats from the upper endzone sections that were removed. I am now in the corner. I checked that I do not want a price increase, but would like to be moved lower in my section. I wonder if they'll upgrade me and keep me at $44 or if I'm not eligible to be upgraded without a price increase since that ticket price really doesn't exist anymore...

Same here, upper corner that were in the EZ in previous years.

You will likely get bumped down a row or two, especially if you paid this early. Your price is good for the upper portion of the upper level, rows 15-28. I started in row 27 of 28 5 years ago but was in row 19 last year. Am hoping to get bumped down to row 17 or 18 next year. Once I get to row 15 I will stick with those seats so I don't have to pay the higher rate.

How many of you have either dropped your season tickets or lowered the amount of season tickets in the past 5 years?

I had season tickets when Gibbs came back but only kept them for two years.

Just curious to see the number of people here who had them and dropped them in the past five, given all that has transpired.

And for those that have dropped them, main reason, i.e. hit from economy, better view at home, tired of environment, hassle getting in and out.

Dropped 3 years back after 48 years in the family, 20 owned by me.

I was weened on RFK, so Fedex was always tough. Tougher to park, longer drive (by time), more b.s. like getting patted down by guys looking for a ham sandwich, impossible to even give tickets away, much less sell them, sucky team with no hope, watching a game in a vacuum with no scores, no replays, no stats. Final straw was realization that I could still go to any game I wanted for $20. Why pay $100? Getting Sundays back was the nail in the coffin.

Just got a new ST offer in the regular mail. This year it looks like the complimentary tickets to the FedEx (non Redskins) event of your choice are guaranteed to be the event you choose, but only if ur a first year STH. Current STHs who renewed on time last year were promised free tix to an event 'upon availability', thus most people got stuck with concert.

Edited by RFKFedEx

How many of you have either dropped your season tickets or lowered the amount of season tickets in the past 5 years?

I had season tickets when Gibbs came back but only kept them for two years.

Just curious to see the number of people here who had them and dropped them in the past five, given all that has transpired.

And for those that have dropped them, main reason, i.e. hit from economy, better view at home, tired of environment, hassle getting in and out.

I am 99 percent sure I am dropping mine this year. I have had them for nine years (I think), and ever since I moved to Charlotte, I don't make it up to as many games as I used to. And I used to have no problem unloading the ones that I could not go to, but that is not the case anymore. I have lost a good amount of money over the last few years, so I am just going to let them go and buy tickets on the secondary market for the games i can make it to. It sucks, but money has gotten a little tighter and I am actually going to make an adult financial decision.

The crazy thing is that is does not have anything to do with the product on the field. I love the Skins and love going to the game in person, but I can't make it up thee for every game anymore. I almost gave them up a few times due to the past ineptitude of the ticket office, but I think this year, I am going to have to let them go.

Just got a new ST offer in the regular mail. This year it looks the complimentary tickets to the FedEx (non Redskins) event of your choice are guaranteed to be the event you choose as a first year STH. Current STHs who renew on time were are only promised free tix to an event 'upon availability' thus most people got stuck with concerts last year.

I have four season tickets. My wife just got "the lucky letter" from the TO yesterday saying that she can now get tickets too. They offered her a choice of college games, or a Kenny Chesney concert as well. I didn't get any of that. I just got a bill in the mail for $4381.00. The only thing that I want is green parking passes (which I am willing to pay for), and they won't even give me that. I might actually be done with this BS.

I have four season tickets. My wife just got "the lucky letter" from the TO yesterday saying that she can now get tickets too. They offered her a choice of college games, or a Kenny Chesney concert as well. I didn't get any of that. I just got a bill in the mail for $4381.00. The only thing that I want is green parking passes (which I am willing to pay for), and they won't even give me that. I might actually be done with this BS.

I too am very surprised that the Skins aren't offering any type of concessions to entice fans to renew. For some people (myself included), it DOES make a difference.

Besides last year, when was an enticement offered for renewal and what was it?

-ct

If I remember correctly, in the past, there have been items such as signed jerseys or mini-helmets offered to people that had not committed to renew their tickets beyond the "deadline." I am not completely sure because I always have paid on time. There should have been a benefit to that, other than the other way around. In fairness to the current ticket office, if I am even right about that, it has been a few years since this happened.

If I remember correctly, in the past, there have been items such as signed jerseys or mini-helmets offered to people that had not committed to renew their tickets beyond the "deadline."

We definitely read of people getting those merch offers to renew after the deadline in past years. Often it was the same offers the TO publicly advertised to bait first year STHs. The DMac5 jersey comes to mind.

We didn't read about much of that going on last year. The seat reduction might have had something to do with it.

Edited by RFKFedEx

I am 99 percent sure I am dropping mine this year. I have had them for nine years (I think), and ever since I moved to Charlotte, I don't make it up to as many games as I used to. And I used to have no problem unloading the ones that I could not go to, but that is not the case anymore. I have lost a good amount of money over the last few years, so I am just going to let them go and buy tickets on the secondary market for the games i can make it to. It sucks, but money has gotten a little tighter and I am actually going to make an adult financial decision.

The crazy thing is that is does not have anything to do with the product on the field. I love the Skins and love going to the game in person, but I can't make it up thee for every game anymore. I almost gave them up a few times due to the past ineptitude of the ticket office, but I think this year, I am going to have to let them go.

From Charlotte, if the Redskins played like the Redskins of old, you would probably find a way to go to every game, and the playoffs and the Super Bowl. As a season ticket holder since 1978, there have been some years that I felt the money was wasted.

This coming year, they are 60-1 to win the Super Bowl. That's better than some years in the past.

If the Giants of 2011 can do it, the Redskins can.

I hope Shanahan is taking a lesson from Tom Coughlin. Coughlin was a "my way or the highway" kind of guy until he realized that winning meant believing in your players and finishing, and you could only finish games with the players you had. Coughlin inspired his team and the Giants fans (a lot of them who wanted him thrown out earlier). He learned these lessons during this year, which is a great reason why the Giants are Champions and we are not.

As a long time season ticket holder who evaluates whether to renew or not every year, I must say that I expect Mike Shanahan to lead the Redskins to the Super Bowl this coming year. Come on, Mike. You can do it.

Edited by KokoMike

They should give all paid STH's mystery bag of crap from all of the Reebok stuff that they still have lying around in the team stores after the Nike changeover in April. I am not an accountant but I'm sure that they could write down the full price that they paid and chalk it up as a promotion. This would be a win-win for everybody.

Another email blast today for the VT and WVA games this fall. Not much national interest for these match ups outside of the mid Atlantic states. Tix should be easy by game week.

Surprised the TO isn't using these games as free incentive for STHs to renew on time, especially the WVA/JMU game.

If I remember correctly, in the past, there have been items such as signed jerseys or mini-helmets offered to people that had not committed to renew their tickets beyond the "deadline." I am not completely sure because I always have paid on time. There should have been a benefit to that, other than the other way around. In fairness to the current ticket office, if I am even right about that, it has been a few years since this happened.

I somehow paid extra on my season tickets, and got a credit for it from the Redskins. I'm not sure if it was my mistake or theirs, but I didn't ask questions. Regardless, the next year I got moved from the upper deck to the lower sidelines in one of the best upgrades anyone ever heard of. Extra stuff is nice, but perhaps paying ontime has its perks as well.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 08:47 AM ----------

I went from row 14 to row 17 last year

I moved up 2 rows last year.