Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Vikings on Xmas eve might break a new record for deadest ticket market ever if you're trying to sell.

Yesterday in section 142 I could hear the chants of "Lets Go Niners" from across the field. It looked and sounded like there was a heavy concentration of them in section 120, behind the Niners bench.

Edited by RFKFedEx

I didn't think the booing was that bad yesterday, given the circumstances. I would hope that most people understand why we suck, and that we're smart enough to realize it wasn't Beck's fault.

*I think Philly MNF 2009 was the worst I've ever heard our fans boo the home team.There was more booing on that night than Philly MNF 2010.

MNF 2009 was the sign ban game, rock bottom for the Vinny/Danny era.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Vikings on Xmas eve might break a new record for deadest ticket market ever if you're trying to sell.

It's going to take a lot to be deader than the Buccaneers game last year. Bad team playing team without many fans in the cold rain. I saw listing on Craigslit like: "Buy my green parking pass for $40 and get 4 tickets free." It was insane. I bought a green pass for $20 and when I went to pick it up the lady just gave me 3 tickets. I just drove through the Cap Center BLVD shopping center and gave a couple guys tickets. As long as the weather is decent, I think the Vikes should beat that game.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 05:40 PM ----------

I didn't think the booing was that bad yesterday, given the circumstances. I would hope that most people understand why we suck, and that we're smart enough to realize it wasn't Beck's fault.

*I think Philly MNF 2009 was the worst I've ever heard our fans boo the home team.There was more booing on that night than Philly MNF 2010.

MNF 2009 was the sign ban game, rock bottom for the Vinny/Danny era.

Loudest booing I've ever heard was for Heath Shuler. Man, fans just hated that guy.

Does danny-boy even consider a price increase for next year if they finish in the 3-13 to 6-10 range? He's been itching to jack us up for more money for a few years now (just my sense), but even he can't be so obtuse as to not foresee the mass exodus that would result from a price increase on an already weary fan-base.

Thoughts?

My thought is there is no way he would raise prices without at least a playoff run - and probably not even then. He's already tearing out the seats in the endzones of the club and the upper deck - desperately trying to slow the hemorrhage of season ticket holders. And still, even with all those seats removed, we had the Cardinals game, which showed the lowest after-market prices in the history of FedExField.

Edited by Mark The Homer

He is raising the prices every year, just not on tickets.

Beer prices are at a minimum $1 more than any other stadium I have been to. He seems to raise it $1 a year.

Parking passes became the next money making thing.

He doesn't need to raise the ticket price, he gets his money in other ways.

He will be losing one more season ticket holder next year and that will be me. Just not going to $65 per game plus parking and for preseason tickets that I dont use to watch this annual underachieving team when I can get a ticket at pretty much face value anytime I want. And that is what is happening to this fan base and it is why that when you go to a game that has a good following, there are as many of the opposing teams fans there as Redskins. They can keep announcing that crap about sell outs and 78,000 at the game etc. but they must think people are idiots.

He will be losing one more season ticket holder next year and that will be me. Just not going to $65 per game plus parking and for preseason tickets that I dont use.

Just wondering, how long have you been a STH?

I ask bc I think most of the churn and burn grist is made of STHs of recently vintage, 400 level. People who became STHs in the Snyder era. The people with prime GA, lower level, sideline seats are mostly family legacies from the RFK years. Those people aren't going anywhere if they've held out this long. But even the endzones of the lower level turn over quite a bit from what we've read with all the people getting moved down in recent years.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Seven years. I am in the 400 section. I would agree with you that those in the lower levels are not going anywhere but in the upper levels they are turning over every year. When I first started going you would the same people sitting around you every week. Now you can go one week and the next week it will be totally different group of people the next week. From the Giants game to the Cardinals game, I could have counted on one hand the same people sitting around me who were at both games. There are alot of empty seats even for those games and that was before they started playing so badly.