Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Pretty pumped about my seat selection. I'm a 1st STH and I bought the upper level side line deal. The put me in section 430 row 14. I didn't think I'd be that close to the 50. I think I'm around the 15-20.

I'm guessing he is lamenting the fact that he didn't get moved down within his price range?

I was hoping he would have answered by now. Still confused as to what he meant? I'm guessing (due to the money reference) he didn't want to move lower, just move closer to the 50, but I believe my friend said you can choose move closer to the 50 within the same row?

Who knows.

Pretty pumped about my seat selection. I'm a 1st STH and I bought the upper level side line deal. The put me in section 430 row 14. I didn't think I'd be that close to the 50. I think I'm around the 15-20.

Those are really good, especially for coming off the wait list. I was in 403 last year, which is on the other side and the other end, but basically a mirror image. It is about the 20 or so, depending on seat number. Pretty nice.

I was hoping he would have answered by now. Still confused as to what he meant? I'm guessing (due to the money reference) he didn't want to move lower, just move closer to the 50, but I believe my friend said you can choose move closer to the 50 within the same row?

Who knows.

Sorry for the confusion. You got it right. I asked to move closer to the 50. I called to make sure that they knew it was ok to move back a bit, since I was already in row 16. I started as an STH 6 yrs ago in 433 row 19. Then I moved to 16 same section, then last year moved to 432 same row. This year, I didn't move. I called the ticket office to find out what went wrong, and they said the only place they could "auto-upgrade" me to was row 16 sec 431, and there was nothing there so I didn't move. I got them to move me anyway to row 20 sec 451 after speaking to a couple different people.

So the thing is, I had no interest in being lower in sec 432. I want to move towards the 50. They didn't move me when the auto upgrades occurred as they should have, and I've got worse seats than 1st year STH. The auto-upgrade process sucks to me. Assuming they move people based on seniority, they should be able to move you more than one section closer if there's free seats. Instead, they leave them empty and 1st year STH's get them. Makes no sense.

Sorry for the confusion. You got it right. I asked to move closer to the 50. I called to make sure that they knew it was ok to move back a bit, since I was already in row 16. I started as an STH 6 yrs ago in 433 row 19. Then I moved to 16 same section, then last year moved to 432 same row. This year, I didn't move. I called the ticket office to find out what went wrong, and they said the only place they could "auto-upgrade" me to was row 16 sec 431, and there was nothing there so I didn't move. I got them to move me anyway to row 20 sec 451 after speaking to a couple different people.

So the thing is, I had no interest in being lower in sec 432. I want to move towards the 50. They didn't move me when the auto upgrades occurred as they should have, and I've got worse seats than 1st year STH. The auto-upgrade process sucks to me. Assuming they move people based on seniority, they should be able to move you more than one section closer if there's free seats. Instead, they leave them empty and 1st year STH's get them. Makes no sense.

Well, not to be an ass, but you did tell them to move you to 451 didn't you? Couldn't you have told them no, that's too high up? Technically you don't move every season either, so I would say you got lucky. Either way, you definitely should have moved a little closer or I would think, being one for 6 years, but I'm a new season ticket holder so I'm not too sure how fast people move. I would assume the changes in the endzone help screw your moving closer to the 50 faster. Granted you aren't Row 16, but 4 more rows isn't going to be killer, as if you were say Row 10 and move to Row 20.

At least you are on the home side now!

I thought the upper deck was only upgraded lower in the same section, in which case row 16 would be the lowest you would ever go unless you are willing to go to the next price point. It's the lower level that is upgraded towards the 50 yard line. I could be wrong. Did anyone else get their sections changed in the upper deck and stayed in the same price point automatically? I'm not talking about those in endzone seats who were removed, I'm talking about people with sideline seats that checked auto-upgrade with no price increase.

---------- Post added July-10th-2011 at 11:49 PM ----------

Yeah, just found this from a 2010 email, it may have changed for 2011 though:

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Thank you for renewing your 2010 Washington Redskins season tickets. With your renewal you are eligible, subject to availability, for our Auto Upgrade Program which will improve the seat locations of more season ticket holders than ever before. The process is very simple:

Lower Level account holders will be moved closer to midfield at or near their same row. Upper Level account holders in the lowest numbered rows (i.e. Row 1, 2, 3, etc.) will be moved to the Lower Level endzone section(s). Remaining Upper Level account holders will be moved closer to the field within their same section.

In future years we hope to add more Auto Upgrade options, such as Upper Level account holders being moved closer to midfield.

Priority in the Auto Upgrade Program is based on seniority as a Redskins season ticket holder. If you are automatically upgraded, you will be notified via email of your new seat location. Account holders who are assigned seats at a higher price-point will receive an invoice for the balance due.

I thought the upper deck was only upgraded lower in the same section, in which case row 16 would be the lowest you would ever go unless you are willing to go to the next price point. It's the lower level that is upgraded towards the 50 yard line. I could be wrong. Did anyone else get their sections changed in the upper deck and stayed in the same price point automatically? I'm not talking about those in endzone seats who were removed, I'm talking about people with sideline seats that checked auto-upgrade with no price increase.

This year, the Skins added two more options. One was an option to upgrade laterally towards the 50 yard line, and the second was to request aisle seats. Neither was an option in the first year of the auto upgrade program.

Just out of curiosity did they move anybody up higher in a row but closer to the 50? A move from something like a Section 422 row 4 to a Section 401 row 8 would be a gigantic upgrade in my opinion.

Yes, this off season I was auto-upgraded one section closer to the 50 along the upper deck sidelines, but moved one row further back. I'm sufficiently happy with the new seats that I might finally start checking the do not upgrade box -- my fear is that one of these years we'll be auto-"upgraded" to the aisle seats in row 9 with the glass & railing in front of us.

With our 1st scheduled preseason game 1 month away. Does anyone know when the team mails out our season tickets.

I suspect they will hesitate to send the tickets to the printer until the CBA is in place (maybe not ratified, but the terms are sufficiently certain). If they printed all the tickets, but the season schedule later changed as a result of the ongoing dispute, that would be terribly inconvenient.

They could always announce that the prematurely issued tickets would be good for the rescheduled game, but all things being equal, there is no incentive to print them before the deal is done (or at least wait as long as possible, then hope for the best).

I suspect they will hesitate to send the tickets to the printer until the CBA is in place (maybe not ratified, but the terms are sufficiently certain). If they printed all the tickets, but the season schedule later changed as a result of the ongoing dispute, that would be terribly inconvenient.

They could always announce that the prematurely issued tickets would be good for the rescheduled game, but all things being equal, there is no incentive to print them before the deal is done (or at least wait as long as possible, then hope for the best).

Good points. I remember one year the tickets arrived the week before the first preseason game. Considering how close negotiations seem to be, the data is probably at the printers and they will arrive just before the Aug 12 game. If it gets cancelled, we just won't use the ticket. Does not seem likely that the season will lose any games at this point.

With our 1st scheduled preseason game 1 month away. Does anyone know when the team mails out our season tickets.

The letter sent to me about my season tickets says:

You should expect your season ticket package to be delivered at the beginning of August. We look forward to seeing you at FedExField![/Quote]

I wonder what they are going to do for long time STH's who didn't pay a penny because of the lockout. Do you think they are going to start them up at the top again?

Why should they be given preferential treatment if they chose not to renew their season tickets? They have to sign up on the mythical wait list like anyone else.

Why should they be given preferential treatment if they chose not to renew their season tickets? They have to sign up on the mythical wait list like anyone else.

why should they?

they shouldn't.

but thats the way the TO has worked in the past. the idea that there were real benefits/punishments to those who followed the rules/didn't follow the rules is about as mythical as the wait list. in the past it actually came down to how far you were willing to go in waiting, and you'd actually get stuff (parking upgrade/other event tickets/not paying for preseason games/seat upgrade/etc) for not following the rules.

Edited by tshile

why should they?

they shouldn't.

but thats the way the TO has worked in the past. the idea that there were real benefits/punishments to those who followed the rules/didn't follow the rules is about as mythical as the wait list. in the past it actually came down to how far you were willing to go in waiting, and you'd actually get stuff (parking upgrade/other event tickets/not paying for preseason games/seat upgrade/etc) for not following the rules.

I don't know of anybody who has gotten away with not having to pay for preseason games.

Last year people renewed after the first home game had been played.

so they didn't have to pay

edit: i cannot verify that it's true, it's what i remember someone reporting right before the season started. so take it for what its worth

Edited by tshile