Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Homer, I don't have any invoices from 90s, but my seats in 401 had a face value of $50 printed on them in 97. It was only a $5 increase from face value in 96, which may seem like chump change today. I was pissed at the time bc our new seats weren't as good as what we'd had in DC.

Anyway, if the tax was included in the face price in 97, there was almost zero increase in Redskins ticket cost from RFK. Do u agree w/ my observation or no?

Call DirecTV. Call Verizon. And I bet if you call most any other professional team, they will quote you the cost of the tickets without taxes or fees. It is perfectly normal business. Nothing shady; nothing sneaky. It is a fact of life.

Jeez. You know its lockout football talk when everyone is debating a tax. Haha.

I'll preface this by saying I have no problem with how the Skins charge people, but it is a little misleading in the true cost of a ticket.

As a person who has season tickets for the Skins, Wizards, Caps, Nats and Penn State football and has paid for hundreds of pro/college sporting events in my lifetime, the Redskins are the only organization that I can recall that separates the tax from "face value" on the actual printed ticket. Other teams may break it down in the invoice, but the price printed on the tickets always includes tax.

Granted, the following example may not be ideal since the Skins charge the same price for season ticket holders as individual "sponsor/player return" game sales. The Caps, Wiz, Nats and many other teams have significantly cheaper prices for full season ticket holders than what is actually printed on the ticket.

For example, my Caps ticket for next year is broken down like this. On the invoice they show the tax, but they advertise the season ticket holder true cost as $34/per game. They don't advertise face as $34 and then say, "Oh. Yeah. By the way, you owe $131.75 more for tax. We are trying to mislead you about face value."

tickets: $1,313.25

10% D.C. admissions tax: 131.75

total: 1,445

$17 x 3 preseason games at half price = $51

$34 x 41 regular season games = $1,394

Hope that made sense.

---------- Post added June-29th-2011 at 08:23 PM ----------

Call the ticket office. Ask them home much tickets are in the LL. What do they say?

They say $99 each. Or $990 each. Whichever.

And if you believe them, you're a sucker.

That's my point.

exactly

Homer, I don't have any invoices from 90s, but my seats in 401 had a face value of $50 printed on them in 97. It was only a $5 increase from face value in 96, which may seem like chump change today. I was pissed at the time bc our new seats weren't as good as what we'd had in DC.

Anyway, if the tax was included in the face price in 97, there was almost zero increase in Redskins ticket cost from RFK. Do u agree w/ my observation or no?

Well, who says the city didn't have a similar tax for the team at RFK Stadium? I have no idea.

If it didn't, I'd say yes, I agree with you.

Not exactly renewing season tickets, since this is my first year, but I'd like to announce that today my invoice for my seats has been removed from my account (been checking everyday).

Hoping for as good as seats as I can get!

As for my story, I just got out of the army in march after 7 years/5 deployments; decided to get skins season tickets to assist with my 'transition back into civilian life'. Ha, it's working! :)

Joe,

Congratulations on your transition, and thank you for working hard overseas to keep us safe here.

When you signed up for tickets, had you already been on the waiting list? Or did they just let you buy (general admission) tickets when you asked to?

Cheers!

Thank you.

I signed up (for season tickets) outside the redskins store in Springfield mall around 2001 after getting out of high school. I think they may have been sending me offers for the last several years, but I didn't pay too much attention to those emails since I knew I wouldnt be home for them. I paid for 4 seats in the upper level, sidelines in rows 1-15, and was told I will receive a deangelo hall autographed pro bowl jersey. I also asked for green parking pass, and they said absolutely not. Haha, got a gray one, I guess I'll have to wait for green like everyone else:)

Haha, got a gray one, I guess I'll have to wait for green like everyone else:)

Welcome home! And don't feel bad, they told me the same thing about Green Parking too haha. Guess I'll just be looking for some to buy before the season starts.

My invoice for my seats have also been removed, I just noticed today, but I guess it could have happened yesterday at some point. Do they let you know fairly fast about where your seats are? As in can I expect to see it soon on the account today (are they closed and will I have to wait Monday) or do I have to wait a little bit still? You all know much better than I do.

Again, welcome home Joe, I'll save a beer for you at my tailgate! :cheers:

Edited by B55Green

Just got a letter in the mail with my upgrade. Went from 427 row 24 to 427 row 15. I guess moving 9 rows down ain't bad, I'm happy they kept me on the 45 yard line like I asked.

Nothing wrong with that. You'd be surprised how much of a difference 9 rows closer to the action will make. You should also be aware that the cost of your tickets will go up. I think that the will be around $100.00 (?) for the season. The higher price is for rows 1-15, (I think)

I'll preface this by saying I have no problem with how the Skins charge people, but it is a little misleading in the true cost of a ticket.

As a person who has season tickets for the Skins, Wizards, Caps, Nats and Penn State football and has paid for hundreds of pro/college sporting events in my lifetime, the Redskins are the only organization that I can recall that separates the tax from "face value" on the actual printed ticket. Other teams may break it down in the invoice, but the price printed on the tickets always includes tax.

The cost breakdown has definitely changed over the years.

I saved my ticket stub from Darrell Green's last game against Dallas in 2003. Section 410 row 23. The cost states "$44.00 (Inc Tax)"

I'm comparing it to a stub from from last season. Section 431 row 2. The cost states "$79.00 (PLUS TAX)

Nothing wrong with that. You'd be surprised how much of a difference 9 rows closer to the action will make. You should also be aware that the cost of your tickets will go up. I think that the will be around $100.00 (?) for the season. The higher price is for rows 1-15, (I think)

They're $79, then you obviously have the taxes involved. I believe (Mark could back it up) that the prices were:

UL Endzone Rows 1-15 $64 16-29 $44

UL Sideline Rows 1-15 $79 16-29 $64

With the tax,upper level sideline seats in rows 1-15 are $87 and upper level sideline rows 16-29 are $70.40.

Sneaky Snyder stopped including the tax in the face value of the tickets when he raised the ticket prices a few years ago. My seats went for $59 (with tax) to $64 (w/o tax), but $70.40 (w/ tax). I did not notice the price had gone up to $70 until I had looked at the invoice several times. I actually went to bed thinking my tickets had gone up to $64 and did not notice the extra line at the bottom of the invoice until the next day. :( IMHO, it's a lot of little stuff like this that tends to make the STHs dislike Snyder.

BTW, the tickets say $64 on them.

Mark, do you know by any chance how long it takes for them to put you into your seats after the invoice is removed from the account online? Or anyone who might know? I'm trying to guess when it will get done. Jesus I feel like a damn school girl excited to pick out a prom dress, sorry guys, just anxious.

Mark, do you know by any chance how long it takes for them to put you into your seats after the invoice is removed from the account online? Or anyone who might know? I'm trying to guess when it will get done. Jesus I feel like a damn school girl excited to pick out a prom dress, sorry guys, just anxious.

I don't think there is any set time frame. I was the first to report my seats missing on my invoice and it was 5 weeks before my upgrade was posted. I think you are just at the mercy of the TO.

Thanks Sonny. I figured that would be the case, but assume mine could be faster considering they said they didn't bring as many people off the waitlist as they usually do (because of the removal of the endzone seats). Guess I'm just hoping I get the information faster!