Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Generally, do PSLs include any covenant from the team to play in the stadium for a minimum number of years? What happens to the PSL if the team moves to a new city or decides to build a new stadium before the normal life of the stadium runs its course?

Edited by Timmy_Smith

Generally, do PSLs include any covenant from the team to play in the stadium for a minimum number of years? What happens to the PSL if the team moves to a new city or decides to build a new stadium before the normal life of the stadium runs its course?

All I can tell you is that the Jets have a 99 year lease, so they can't leave.

---------- Post added June-26th-2011 at 09:36 AM ----------

I think a lot of people touched on it already, but others asked some questions about the PSL's.

- It is a one time payment, in the Jets case anywhere from $2,500-30,000, but you can make that payment over the course of 1 day, 5 years or 15 years, your choice. There is interest for the more years that you have on your payment plan. Each November 1st our payment plan is due.

- The price range of the PSL is determined by the team and each area can be different. While the Jets don't charge a PSL for the Upper Tier, the Giants do, but the Giants' LL PSL's are also a little cheaper.

- The cost of the PSL covers your RIGHT to buy season tickets. You must buy season ticket tickets if you own a PSL, at least under the Jets' rules.

- PSL's allow you at least a one week period ahead of the general public to purchase tickets, sometimes discounted, to non-football events at the stadium.

PSLs may suck for STH's, but I've had little trouble obtaining quality single game tix for less than what STH's pay in the markets that have PSLs. Places such as Dallas, NYG, Baltimore, and Philly.

I've read on other NFL forums that many PSLs have already lost equity in Dallas and NYG bc supply is too large. We read in the Wpost recently that Ravens PSLs are plentiful on the secondary market. I've read Iggle fans say that their PSLs are worth no more today than when the Linc opened in 03.

PSL's are just a scam that make STH pay an unbelievable amount of money just to help the fat owners pay off their mortgage. When the Skins get a new stadium (I hope it's not for a long time), there will be a PSL.

PSL's are just a scam that make STH pay an unbelievable amount of money just to help the fat owners pay off their mortgage. When the Skins get a new stadium (I hope it's not for a long time), there will be a PSL.

Correct and yes there most certainly will be a PSL in every stadium ever constructed from now until the end of time.

There are millions of suckers out there, myself included, who will continue to be sheep to the NFL owners though. They don't care if you stop buying your season tickets, because there will always be someone else (unless we're talking about a small market team).

I have a hard time believing that the Jets, Cowboys, or Giants sold as many PSLs as they've claimed. I suspect that tens of thousands of seats in those new stadiums went unsold or unassigned to STHs; due to the high cost of the PSLs and the economic climate. Good seats too, not just upper level bleeders in the clouds.

I don't have any proof of this, only I suspect it from having observed the secondary ticket markets around the league.

It doesn't mean that all of those seats will be empty on gamedays.

Was it Snyder who said the Redskins would never have PSL's? While I may or may not agree with him, wouldn't it be pretty impossible to have a stadium built today especially in this economy without them?

It was JKC when he built the stadium.

I have a hard time believing that the Jets, Cowboys, or Giants sold as many PSLs as they've claimed. I suspect that tens of thousands of seats in those new stadiums went unsold or unassigned to STHs; due to the high cost of the PSLs and the economic climate. Good seats too, not just upper level bleeders in the clouds.

I don't have any proof of this, only I suspect it from having observed the secondary ticket markets around the league.

It doesn't mean that all of those seats will be empty on gamedays.

Don't forget that ticket brokers buy PSL's, too.

However, yeah, the Jets, Cowboys, Giants and other teams definitely are not sold out with their PSL's, despite what they may or may not release. The PSL's of $20,000 or more are not sold out and until those teams start winning multiple championships, they won't be.

Brokers will buy PSLs if they can get good deals in older stadiums like Bal, Pitt, or Philly. If they had to pay full PSL prices in NY and Dallas there would be little profit.

I suspect that teams will leak the unsold seats to brokers, Stubhub, corporate sponsors, etc. The Redskins TO admitted to years of selling bulk seats to brokers and Stuhub.

good call. mine are in there too!

looks like i was moved from 416 row 16 to 422 row 17

which is exactly what they promised.

thank you skins!

(i was one of the ones with seats in the endzone sections)

Edited by tshile

good call. mine are in there too!

looks like i was moved from 416 row 16 to 422 row 17

which is exactly what they promised.

thank you skins!

(i was one of the ones with seats in the endzone sections)

I had a very similar move.. from Section 415 Row 22 to 420 Row 23

yeah. i was one of the ones who originally canceled my account due to the confusion over seats being removed... i was concerned that, because of all that mess, i'd wind up at the top. so i'm elated to see they didn't do that.

now i need to move down so i can get into the LL in a few years.

How often are you guys moved? It seems like a big part of this website has been moved and that's something that never really happened with the Jets in my years as a season ticket holder, at least that I'm aware of (didn't start paying for them/dealing with them myself until 2006).

How often are you guys moved? It seems like a big part of this website has been moved and that's something that never really happened with the Jets in my years as a season ticket holder, at least that I'm aware of (didn't start paying for them/dealing with them myself until 2006).

No auto upgrades with PSL's. The only way to upgrade with those is to sell yours and buy in another location.

No auto upgrades with PSL's. The only way to upgrade with those is to sell yours and buy in another location.

I know that, but there were no PSL's in place prior to 2010. Giants Stadium did not have PSL's.

In my years at Giants Stadium (1995-2009) we were moved once (after 97) and that's it.

Edited by L7Panda

I know that, but there were no PSL's in place prior to 2010. Giants Stadium did not have PSL's.

In my years at Giants Stadium (1995-2009) we were moved once (after 97) and that's it.

Did you ever ask to be moved?