Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Before and after mug shots reveal toll of drug abuse.

frostyj

Crystal meth is the worst. By far.

I mean think about it. A person can stay up for two weeks at a time on that ****. I guarantee the most hardcore transformations you see there are from crystal meth. And most anything from the West Coast--like these pics from Oregon--is going to be meth. It's king out there.

I mean think about it. A person can stay up for two weeks at a time on that ****. I guarantee the most hardcore transformations you see there are from crystal meth. And most anything from the West Coast--like these pics from Oregon--is going to be meth. It's king out there.

Yep -- living out here, that's for sure, especially in places like Springfield, where plenty of people with hollowed, sunken cheeks.

P.s. Looking at all those photos, I would say most of them are definitely meth users. The general facial structure decay combined with open scabs is a sad indication of that.

Yep -- living out here, that's for sure, especially in places like Springfield, where plenty of people with hollowed, sunken cheeks.

P.s. Looking at all those photos, I would say most of them are definitely meth users. The general facial structure decay combined with open scabs is a sad indication of that.

I lived in Vegas (amongst other places out west) for a year. I swear to God, it was like a zombie movie. Between the tweakers (slang for meth users) and gambling addicts, I was scared to walk around outside of the touristy areas.

I lived in Vegas (amongst other places out west) for a year. I swear to God, it was like a zombie movie. Between the tweakers (slang for meth users) and gambling addicts, I was scared to walk around outside of the touristy areas.

I lived in Vegas for a few years and it's crazy bad out there. Bus rides were entertaining at night. Always a couple tweekers sitting up front, talking to themselves, scratching everywhere.

I lived in Vegas for a few years and it's crazy bad out there. Bus rides were entertaining at night. Always a couple tweekers sitting up front, talking to themselves, scratching everywhere.

same here, though I lived in Green Valley so I didnt see a ton of it unless I went to Henderson or other parts of the city.

As someone who has done a bit of meth, I disagree - I was a bartender, I kept odd hours - What you see there is heroin and meth/coke and hard liquor, but lots of heroin.

As someone who has done a bit of meth, I disagree - I was a bartender, I kept odd hours - What you see there is heroin and meth/coke and hard liquor, but lots of heroin.

I couldn't disagree more. I've been around both heroin addicts and tweakers. I've tried every drug in the book. Sigh...GACOLB story time...

When I first moved to Vegas I stayed with a relative of my first wife (in Winchester, right off of Sahara and Fremont). They were HUGE tweakers. And by huge I mean that's all they did. Their entire existence was based around tweaking. They had a nice house (the wife's father was a famous hypnotist back in the old days of Vegas, true story) but the house was all beat to ****. This was the first place I had lived out West and being from the East Coast I had never really been around tweakers before. It was a disaster.

They had roaches everywhere. Like six different species of roaches. Roaches are to Vegas as crickets are to Texas (it rains crickets in Texas, literally) as water is to the ocean. But they had a bad case of roaches. I couldn't even put a plate of food down without a roach getting on it. The wife would sit and play card games on the computer for days at a time. And the husband--my ex's relative--would do little projects and ****. They were so paranoid out, he had drilled little peep holes from the inside of the house to the out and would constantly check them.

The worst part was they had two little kids. A four-year-old boy (who had issues, I'm pretty sure she used while pregnant with him) and the cutest two-year-old girl you could ever imagine; named Rochelle. The boy would stay up all night and sleep all day, vice verse for the girl. The only time there was ever really any food in the house was when I bought it. I only stayed there a month and a half but it was heart wrenching. Looking back on it now, I have a deep regret and guilt that I didn't call CPS on them. But as I said, I was only there a short time, they were family in a way, and I was still just a kid at the time. Still though...I always wonder what happened to them. I hope it worked out.

As far as my own experience with meth, I tried it a few times. Not my thing at all. The third time I was up for like six days straight. There was one point where I played Sonic 2 for like 20 straight hours (I could never beat Dr. Robotik or wtf ever his name was at the end). Eventually started hallucinating. Just not my thing. I'm too laid back and chill for that madness.

So can other drugs do to a person what we see in these pictures? Absolutely. Abusing anything takes a toll on the body. But heroin, hard liquor, coke and even crack aren't doing that to these people in the time frames we're seeing in these mugshots. That's crystal meth. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. I'd be willing to bet everything I own in life on it.

And ftr, outside of my time in Vegas, I spent a few years in Southern California--still surrounded by tweakers--I'm serious people, it is THAT big out there. So my experience goes a bit beyond bartending during odd hours and experimenting.

Also speed and crystal meth aren't the same thing. Every now and then I see someone get the two confused . Not saying that about you, just in general.

(BTW, mboyd, why don't I ever see you talking Wiz basketball anymore? Miss you man.)

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 04:35 AM ----------

As far as the scabs on the faces go, I've known a bunch of tweakers who will sit there in the mirror and just pick at their faces. That's their tweak.

Worst drug ever. Worst than rock. Worse than heroin.

Archived