Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Annandale civic association elects dog as president

Forehead

Link

For more than 20 years, candidates running for office in the Hillbrook/Tall Oaks Civic Association in Annandale have stood up, waved and received polite applause at the annual meeting in June. Everyone votes, eats ice cream, chats with neighbors and goes home.

This past election, to make the meeting move faster, only the names and qualifications of the candidates were announced. Running for president, Ms. Beatha Lee was described as a relatively new resident, interested in neighborhood activities and the outdoors, who had experience in Maine overseeing an estate of 26 acres.

Though unfamiliar with Lee's name, the crowd of about 50 or so raised their hands, assuming that the candidate was a civic-minded newcomer. These days, it's hard to get anyone to volunteer to devote the time needed to serve as an officer. The slate that Lee headed was unanimously elected. Everyone ate ice cream, watched a karate demonstration and went home.

Only weeks later did many discover that their new president was, in fact, a dog.

:ols: did you think I was serious?

No, that's why I referred to it as a drive by or one-liner, or your material. That typically denotes the understanding that it is a joke. I'm just stating the fact that your material is terrible. You seem to try it out in practically every thread, and it almost never works. Well, maybe it entertains Slacky, so if he keeps you warm at night, then keep it up.

No, that's why I referred to it as a drive by or one-liner, or your material. That typically denotes the understanding that it is a joke. I'm just stating the fact that your material is terrible. You seem to try it out in practically every thread, and it almost never works. Well, maybe it entertains Slacky, so if he keeps you warm at night, then keep it up.

sounds like someone has a case of the Fridays...

I think youre confusing me with someone else - and Pink is still white trash no matter what you say. Now fight me for three weeks because I'm bored! :mad:

So, is every year the dog serves worth seven?

I can't wait for the shocking photos of the president sniffing some constituent's crotch.

~Bang

It does say in the article that they counted the dog's age in dog years so that it would qualify for the age restriction.

Crawford had served three consecutive terms as president and, according to association bylaws, could not run for the office again. For weeks leading up to the election, he begged, pleaded and cajoled neighbors to run for the often-thankless volunteer post. No one bit.

Hopefully, she doesn't either. :)

Archived