Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Season Ticket Renewals: Anyone Swayed by the Complimentary Ticket Offer / 2/18 Deadline?

capcrunch98

I am pretty certain I will renew this year, and I have until March 1 to decide (or much later, according to a lot of fans on here). However, tomorrow is the deadline to pay in full to get free tickets to another FedEx event. The chance to get a free pair for the ManU soccer game has got my attention, but of course the fine print says supplies are limited and not guaranteed.

Is anyone else taking advantage of this offer? Have the Skins extended similar offers in the past (this will be only my third year as a STH), and if so, were most fans able to secure the comp tickets they were hoping for?

I plan on waiting on a new cba I'm kind of worried that if they bring scabs in my money wont be refunded because we will be hoasting games.

I've been wondering about this. I know the Skins said they would refund ticket money or give credit for any games missed due to a lock out. Has anyone asked the TO about what the policy will be if they bring in scabs? I'd be pretty pissed if I paid all that money just to watch players who couldn't even make 3rd string.

I already submitted mine. If they bring in replacements I'll still have fun with it. If they don't play some games I'll just have the $$$ applied to next year so...meh.

Same here. Complimentary tixs didn't sway me at all. I'm doing the payment plan (if you can call it that compared to the other D.C. sports teams that let you pay it out over 12 months: Caps/Wizards or 5 months: Nats)

Nope. I'm renewing and using the three month payment plan....which is pretty standard around the NFL. Can't compare to NBA, NHL or MLB...different reasons why they spread it out longer....less demand....more games....greater total cost. At least we have three months. Just a couple years ago, we had to pay it all at one time up front.

I want all you folks waiting for a CBA or real games or a better offer to just clear out so I can get a major seat upgrade this year.I figure with all the folks not renewing or not renewing by the deadline, I should be on the 30-40 yard line on the lower level! :D

I am concerned about being forced to pay full cost for scab games....I think I need to send an email to my Redskins buddy/contact on that issue.

I renewed today over the phone. I'm sure I'll be in the last row of the stadium for the the Manchester United - Barcelona game, but it was still enough to convince me to pay in full today.

One note that may be of interest to people: the Skins Extra Points Mastercard offers 6-month no-interest financing for season tickets and 2 free Skins tickets. If you are willing to sign up for a credit card, this sounds like a better deal than the 3-month payment plan the Skins are offering.

It convinced me to pay in full today. Either Chesney or UMD tickets will be nice. However I did drop 4 tickets off my account. I had 2 lowers and 4 uppers. I figured it wouldn't be hard to add 4 uppers back on in the future. They asked why I was dropping them and I told them there were several reasons. Mainly the performance of the team and the fact that it's getting harder and harder to find 6 people to go every week. And then the issue of putting up all that money now and then there not being a season, who knows when I will get my money back. He understood. My worries are they won't refund the money until after all the scheduled games are canceled, which could be December and by then they will just try and convince me to put the money towards the 2012 season. I also told them that I didn't think it would be hard to add similar seats back onto my account in the future and he agreed.

The rep I spoke with yesterday said it was "pretty quiet" in the Ticket Office, but he anticipated a lot of people were waiting until March 1 to complete their renewals. So between his comments and the feedback on this board, I guess the answer to my question of the free ticket perk being a drawing card is: "not really".

The rep I spoke with yesterday said it was "pretty quiet" in the Ticket Office, but he anticipated a lot of people were waiting until March 1 to complete their renewals. So between his comments and the feedback on this board, I guess the answer to my question of the free ticket perk being a drawing card is: "not really".

And if the TO is bored on March 1, then Danny's got more problems than a douche bag sports writer making fun of him.

When I called on Friday, I was on hold for about 10 minutes until I finally got through. Kept having to listen to the same 3 great plays of the 2010 season, somehow involving McNabb mostly.

I was on hold for a few minutes too, which prompted me to ask the question about how busy they were. The rep I spoke with said "no, it's been pretty quiet here today." So maybe it was just a casual Friday and people were taking long lunches, long smoke breaks, or long bathroom breaks sitting on the can and reading the Washington City Paper (I kid, I kid).

I paid in full by the 2/18 deadline to get the ManU tix, however I did drop 2 of my 4 LL seats. I really considered dropping all 4. I have had tickets in my family for over 50 years and have missed very few Skins games since 1972.

I read today where the Super Bowl Champ Green Bay Packers raised ticket prices $2-$3 to a top ticket price of around $78 for lower level between the 20's. They also have a "real" waiting list that lasts a lifetime. Lower level Skins tix are $108.90. There is certainly a much greater demand and less availability for Packers tix.

The Skins like to tout how they haven't raised prices in years however the last time they did it there was a $30/seat increase on lower level tickets. No wonder they are having such a hard time selling tickets now in this economy. Takes an inordinate amount of greed to shove a 40% increase for parking and a 39% increase on LL tickets down the throats of your loyal fanbase after a long awaited wild card berth. The breaking out of the sales tax on the invoice was insulting as well. Treating it like it was anything other than an additional increase was just plain wrong and I am still bitter about it. I remember the mouthpiece Mitch Gershman stating that "our customers like to see what they are paying for" as the reason for the sales tax being listed separately. Jackass.

Couple that greed with the dismal on field performance, the subpar stadium and amenities, and I think that is why many have soured on the whole game day experience. The jumbotron and the early parking lot openings are nice but not nearly enough to overcome the ill will created by the repeated failures and decisions of Dan Snyder as an owner. Had he been the CEO of any publicly traded company he would been out on his ass long ago.

Many have said that winning cures all...I hope that I am able to experience that someday soon. I think that the fanbase will come back around but will forever have disdain and ill will towards the current ownership because of the decisions made in the past, and the decisions that continue to be made.

I was there during the glory years. The Championship games at RFK. The Seat Cushion Game. The Super Bowl celebrations in Georgetown and the Super Bowl victory rallies on The Mall. I didn't think that I would ever see the day in my lifetime where I would give up a single ticket but under the Snyder regime I have now dropped 4 of 6.

ps this was all just my humble opinion and nothing written here should be construed as fact as i don't have the resources or time to defend myself against any legal actions brought by Daniel Snyder or the Washington Redskins.

Archived