Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Season Ticket Renewals: Anyone Swayed by the Complimentary Ticket Offer / 2/18 Deadline?

capcrunch98

I paid in full by the 2/18 deadline to get the ManU tix, however I did drop 2 of my 4 LL seats. I really considered dropping all 4. I have had tickets in my family for over 50 years and have missed very few Skins games since 1972.

I read today where the Super Bowl Champ Green Bay Packers raised ticket prices $2-$3 to a top ticket price of around $78 for lower level between the 20's. They also have a "real" waiting list that lasts a lifetime. Lower level Skins tix are $108.90. There is certainly a much greater demand and less availability for Packers tix.

The Skins like to tout how they haven't raised prices in years however the last time they did it there was a $30/seat increase on lower level tickets. No wonder they are having such a hard time selling tickets now in this economy. Takes an inordinate amount of greed to shove a 40% increase down the throats of your loyal fanbase after a long awaited wild card berth. The breaking out of the sales tax on the invoice was insulting as well. Treating it like it was anything other than an additional increase was just plain wrong and I am still bitter about it. I remember the mouthpiece David Donovan stating that "our customers like to see what they are paying for" as the reason for the sales tax being listed separately. Jackass.

Couple that greed with the dismal on field performance, the subpar stadium and amenities, and I think that is why many have soured on the whole game day experience. The jumbotron and the early parking lot openings are nice but not nearly enough to overcome the ill will created by the repeated failures and decisions of Dan Snyder as an owner. Had he been the CEO of any publicly traded company he would been out on his ass long ago.

Many have said that winning cures all...I hope that I am able to experience that someday soon. I think that the fanbase will come back around but will forever have disdain and ill will towards the current ownership because of the decisions made in the past, and the decisions that continue to be made.

I was there during the glory years. The Championship games at RFK. The Seat Cushion Game. The Super Bowl celebrations in Georgetown and the Super Bowl victory rallies on The Mall. I didn't think that I would ever see the day in my lifetime where I would give up a single ticket but under the Snyder regime I have now dropped 4 of 6.

ps this was all just my humble opinion and nothing written here should be construed as fact as i don't have the resources or time to defend myself against any legal actions brought by Daniel Snyder or the Washington Redskins.

You need to drop the other two tickets if they are in the 30-50 yard home side so it gives me a better chance to upgrade. :silly:

I read today where the Super Bowl Champ Green Bay Packers raised ticket prices $2-$3 to a top ticket price of around $78 for lower level between the 20's. They also have a "real" waiting list that lasts a lifetime.

You also have to sit outside in Wisconsin in the winter...

Just curious, is anyone getting season tix elsewhere this season? Caps? DC United? Nats?

I had season tickets for Skins, Caps, Wiz and Nats the past 2 years. One of the stupidest things I've done financially. I am going back to just having the Skins and possibly the Caps depending on price increase. Why do you ask?

• 1 month later...
Has anyone received their complimentary tix yet? The Skins cashed my check on 2/18 and I still haven't received my Kenny Chesney tix.

ManU-Barcelona game tickets went on sale this week, so I called the Skins TO to ask if I was assured of getting comp tickets (because if not, I wanted to buy them when they went on sale). The rep said I was definitely getting the tickets, and they would be sent out closer to the event date. So I am guessing that is what will happen with the Kenny Chesney concert and the Notre Dame - MD game.

I just called, they still don't know when seats will be assigned for the complimentary events.

I asked if the free tix will be emailed at no charge, or FedEx'd at $25. The agent didn't know, but my money is on the latter.

I'd love to know the politics in how they decide who gets which events since we had to state a preference. My guess is that Kenny Chesney will have the most unsold seating in the 400 level at go time, thus we'll read of most people on ES getting those tix. Pure speculation folks.

I may decline the offer if we have to pay for shipping. I fear that won't be able to recover that $25 by selling the tix if I can't go.

The new deal:

There are a limited number of season tickets still available starting as low as $64* per game. Reserve your season tickets by April 29th, 2011 and receive complimentary Ultimate Fan Zone passes for the game of your choice.** Arrive early, as the Ultimate Fan Zone area opens 3 hours prior to kick-off and includes free food catered by Famous Dave’s, cheerleader performances, alumni appearances, games, and much more!

I just called, they still don't know when seats will be assigned for the complimentary events.

I asked if the free tix will be emailed at no charge, or FedEx'd at $25. The agent didn't know, but my money is on the latter.

I'd love to know the politics in how they decide who gets which events since we had to state a preference. My guess is that Kenny Chesney will have the most unsold seating in the 400 level at go time, thus we'll read of most people on ES getting those tix. Pure speculation folks.

I may decline the offer if we have to pay for shipping. I fear that won't be able to recover that $25 by selling the tix if I can't go.

I didn't read it as a preference that might not be honored.

Also, you really think they'd bill us for shipping free tickets? That didn't occur to me.

Seems underhanded to me. I'm not interested in the paying of $25 for the shipping my free tickets.

I'd be extremely disappointed if this is what happens.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2011 at 06:01 PM ----------

Also, you really think they'd bill us for shipping free tickets? That didn't occur to me.

Seems underhanded to me. I'm not interested in the paying of $25 for the shipping my free tickets.

The TO agent asked me to give a preference of event. Maybe if I'd specified which event I wanted back in January he wouldn't have asked today. I didn't get around to calling in until now. I prefer MD/ND.

Perhaps it has something to do w/ me being an OV STH. I didn't get any offers for single game tix last year after years of getting them before each home game.

*OBTW, he made it sound as if they couldn't promise which event I'd get, so he asked me to set my ideal order of 1-2-3. ND/MD, Soccer, and Kenny C.

I received a call today from the ticket office. They said they were getting ready to do auto-upgrades and that I didn't have a preference set for my 2 lower level tickets. I told them I had requested to be in the auto-upgrade program when I called to pay my invoice back in February. He said he would note it on my account and that I should get notified within two weeks of my new location. I'm currently in the corner endzone by the Skins tunnel.

He noted that I would probably be upgraded since I hadn't been upgraded in 3 years and that it would be one section closer to the 50. He said "Oh by the way, we have an offer to get you even closer to the 50, are you interested?". I'm thinking, not really, but I say "maybe" anyway. I'm thinking he's going to offer me tailgate club, touchdown club or a three year club level contract. However, he said if I were to move to the club level for only one year at 1,000 more per seat that in 2012 I would be relocated to one of the prime sideline seats, between 118-125 or in the 200 level behind that. I would be able to choose from best available. He also said he would throw in free tickets to the 2 college football games and upgrade my upper level Kenny Chesney tickets. I verified that what he was saying was that I would pay 1,999 per seat for one year in the club level and then the next season I would move to the sideline lower level and that is the case. I also verified that I would upgrade to Orange parking for one year and then back to Green the next year. I'm thinking about it, and if it was any other year I would be all about it. I just hate to give them an even larger interest free loan if there isn't going to be any football this year. I'm supposed to call him on Monday with an answer. He did tell me that it was only $200 down now and then a third due on June 1, July 1, and August 1.

On another note, I asked him about the Chesney tickets I was promised for paying in full on time. He said that I should be hearing something about them in 10 days, but assured me that the people that selected Chesney as their number one option would get them. I told him I was asking because I want to buy tickets to a couple of the events at FedEx but wanted to wait and see which one I was getting for free. He understood and told me a lot of people had been calling and asking.

I also would like to note that he was the most knowledgeable and polite person I have ever talked to at the ticket office.

I received a call today from the ticket office. They said they were getting ready to do auto-upgrades and that I didn't have a preference set for my 2 lower level tickets. I told them I had requested to be in the auto-upgrade program when I called to pay my invoice back in February. He said he would note it on my account and that I should get notified within two weeks of my new location. I'm currently in the corner endzone by the Skins tunnel.

He noted that I would probably be upgraded since I hadn't been upgraded in 3 years and that it would be one section closer to the 50. He said "Oh by the way, we have an offer to get you even closer to the 50, are you interested?". I'm thinking, not really, but I say "maybe" anyway. I'm thinking he's going to offer me tailgate club, touchdown club or a three year club level contract. However, he said if I were to move to the club level for only one year at 1,000 more per seat that in 2012 I would be relocated to one of the prime sideline seats, between 118-125 or in the 200 level behind that. I would be able to choose from best available. He also said he would throw in free tickets to the 2 college football games and upgrade my upper level Kenny Chesney tickets. I verified that what he was saying was that I would pay 1,999 per seat for one year in the club level and then the next season I would move to the sideline lower level and that is the case. I also verified that I would upgrade to Orange parking for one year and then back to Green the next year. I'm thinking about it, and if it was any other year I would be all about it. I just hate to give them an even larger interest free loan if there isn't going to be any football this year. I'm supposed to call him on Monday with an answer. He did tell me that it was only $200 down now and then a third due on June 1, July 1, and August 1.

On another note, I asked him about the Chesney tickets I was promised for paying in full on time. He said that I should be hearing something about them in 10 days, but assured me that the people that selected Chesney as their number one option would get them. I told him I was asking because I want to buy tickets to a couple of the events at FedEx but wanted to wait and see which one I was getting for free. He understood and told me a lot of people had been calling and asking.

I also would like to note that he was the most knowledgeable and polite person I have ever talked to at the ticket office.

So your cost would be $210 per ticket for Club Level Seats? That's not a laughable offer... If it were me, I would push pretty hard for prime club level seats (low row between the 40s) and a guarantee of seats between Section 120 and 123 the following year in order to make the deal. It's a buyer's market (particularly with Clubs). Good Luck!

he said if I were to move to the club level for only one year at 1,000 more per seat that in 2012 I would be relocated to one of the prime sideline seats.

Josh, did the agent specify which zone you'd be in for your one year in the club level?

That is an outstanding offer. Make sure you get all the promises in writing if you go for it. By the way, are you in section 109 now?....that's where I am.

Are they putting you in an end zone corner club seat if you take the offer?

Tells me the Redskins are really hard up for selling club seats. They are back to enticing GA ticket holders to buy club seats (and only for one year) in hopes they will stay longer in the club seats. Which ticks me off as a GA STH because they are going back to their old ways of moving certain people ahead of others if they buy a premium seat. I understand why from a business standpoint; it just pisses me off as a customer.

That is an outstanding offer. Make sure you get all the promises in writing if you go for it. By the way, are you in section 109 now?....that's where I am.

Are they putting you in an end zone corner club seat if you take the offer?

Tells me the Redskins are really hard up for selling club seats. They are back to enticing GA ticket holders to buy club seats (and only for one year) in hopes they will stay longer in the club seats. Which ticks me off as a GA STH because they are going back to their old ways of moving certain people ahead of others if they buy a premium seat. I understand why from a business standpoint; it just pisses me off as a customer.

My seats are in section 108 row 27. I actually wasn't looking forward to moving to 106 or 107. I like being able to have access to go down to the skins tunnel after the game. I also like the height and angle for watching the game from this section. I don't have to turn my head to see the field like if I were on the goal line or 10 yard line. I also don't have the issue of everyone standing up most of the game like most of the center lower level endzone seats. I was only doing the auto-upgrade with the hope that eventually I would be inside the 20 yard lines.

Josh, did the agent specify which zone you'd be in for your one year in the club level?

He said I could choose from the best available in sections 306-316 and 327-337. Basically zone D. I asked him if he knew what was available now and if I could pick right now and he said yes.

I think I'm going to take this offer. I'm going to hope to get row 1, 19 or 10. I don't really care which section, there isn't too much difference in that area. I guess away from the party decks would be slightly better.

I would love to negotiate for zone A club seats for a year and then section 100-142 lower level seats next year, but I think this offer is very fair.

He said the club seats would be 1999 each but he also said I would owe 1,000 more per seat than I've already paid. I know the taxes are a little lower up in the club level percentage wise so I don't know if the 1,000 was an estimate on his part or what the exact cost is. So far I've paid 1089 per seat in the lower level after taxes.

I'll be sure to let everyone know which club seats I end up with. Wish me luck!

I received a call today from the ticket office. They said they were getting ready to do auto-upgrades and that I didn't have a preference set for my 2 lower level tickets. I told them I had requested to be in the auto-upgrade program when I called to pay my invoice back in February.

I also requested to be in the auto-upgrade program when I renewed over the phone in February. When I called last week regarding the soccer tickets, the TO agent said my preferences weren't set. :(

Archived