Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Season Ticket Renewals: Anyone Swayed by the Complimentary Ticket Offer / 2/18 Deadline?

capcrunch98

Do you mean you already had 2 tickets in 446 Row 2, or did they offer to move you there?

Moving to Green parking is a nice offer. I paid in full back in February, and I have been told twice that Green parking is currently not available. To me, this validates the belief of some on here that people who hold out can still get rewarded.

Yes, and no. I think we all agree that there are a lot of people not renewing tickets which means a lot of parking passes are not being renewed also, including orange parking passes for the club seats. This person may have been in the running for an upgrade to green parking anyway when the TO gets to that point. But it is also possible that it is an enticement to renew and get an upgrade that he might not otherwise have gotten.

Frankly, I find what I hear to be quite positive. He was not offered better seats to entice him to renew his tickets. I can probably live with them throwing in some parking upgrades (or tailgate passes or tickets to non Redskins games or events) in a difficult economic climate. The problem most if not all of us have had in the past with the TO was that they were offering major seat upgrades to people based on when they called and who they spoke to. STHs with only a few years seniority were leapfrogging people with many more years of seniority.

If you paid on time and want a green parking pass, you may just get it this year based on how few are renewing their accounts.

I had to call the TO office today because my online account has stated I have no personal preferences when I click on the Auto Upgrade option. I wanted to make sure they had my preference to upgrade towards the 50 yard line...and they do....the online system is just messed up I guess.

Anyway, I asked when they would start the auto upgrade process for the lower level. She said it would be about two weeks. They are still contacting people who have not renewed or made their payments and want to give them on last chance before they start the upgrade process.

Just passin' along the information.....

Funny, I did exactly the same thing yesterday with similar results. I just wanted to make sure. The guy I spoke with also said that one of the main upgrade criteria is seniority as a season ticket holder.

Funny, I did exactly the same thing yesterday with similar results. I just wanted to make sure. The guy I spoke with also said that one of the main upgrade criteria is seniority as a season ticket holder.

For us old timers, it is quite shocking to hear two different STHs get the same answer out of our TO. At one time, ten people could call on one day and get ten different answers. :D

For us old timers, it is quite shocking to hear two different STHs get the same answer out of our TO. At one time, ten people could call on one day and get ten different answers. :D

Hey! Who are you calling an old timer! I won't be 53 until later this year. :)

But to your actual point, the consistency is very refreshing. Of course in the past it was fantastic if you got someone who worked with you and made changes right on the spot. :)

Hey! Who are you calling an old timer! I won't be 53 until later this year. :)

But to your actual point, the consistency is very refreshing. Of course in the past it was fantastic if you got someone who worked with you and made changes right on the spot. :)

I just turned 53 and feel very very old. :D

I just took them up on the offer. Everything previous posted was true. Everything is in writing

congratulations! Certainly sounds like a great deal

But won't you be pissed if I report in a month or two that I got upgraded from Section 109 (end zone) to the sidelines this year because so few people renewed? :D

congratulations! Certainly sounds like a great deal

But won't you be pissed if I report in a month or two that I got upgraded from Section 109 (end zone) to the sidelines this year because so few people renewed? :D

Meh probably, but I'd been thinking about switching to club seats anyways so my dad can continue to go. I've had seats since 2000 and gone from high in 426 to low in 426 to 131 over the years

It's a helluva deal b/c they are desperately trying to fill seats. I went from LL endzone to 337. Club seats at 1,999/per seat is fair IMO. I may stay in the club depending on what they offer in 2012. They def. want the money collecting interest in case of no football and they hope people stay in the club.

Like others, I also got club seats for free for Army-Navy (my best friend is in the Navy), ND-UMD (Dad's an ND alumnus), Kenny Chesney (I'd go just for the hell of it) and Manchester United-Barca (I hate soccer, but this may be worth checking out).

Just pray for on-time football now

I paid on time and requested ND-UMD tickets. I don't give a crap about soccer and I don't dig Kenny Chesney (they were offering Metallica tickets, then different discussion).

so I get a letter from the Redskins yesterday:

Because you paid for your 2011 Redskins season tickets prior to the March 1 renewal deadline, you will receive 2 complimentary tickets from the Redskins to the Kenny Chesney concert on June 4, 2011. Unfortunately, tickets for your first choice event were over-subscribed, so you have been assigned the Kenny Chesney concert. Your tickets will be in the Upper Level and will be mailed to you along with a complimentary parking pass in the coming weeks.

We also have a limited number of Lower Level and Club Level tickets still available for this show, and you may upgrade your complimentary Upper Level tickets to these premium locations for the following price per ticket:

Lower Level Sideline Upgrade: $45 per ticket ($156.50 value)

Club Level Upgrade: $39 per ticket ($126.50 value)

Lower Level Corner Upgrade: $29 per ticket ($106.50 value)

So much for paying before the deadline......

I got mine in December and received four Giants tickets for doing so as well as Gray parking. Much rather would have had the UMD tickets as well, but I didn't even have that option. I think you should sell the tickets and then just buy UMD tickets with that money, would be logical to do. I'm sure there's some people who would gladly buy them from you.

I paid on time and requested ND-UMD tickets. I don't give a crap about soccer and I don't dig Kenny Chesney (they were offering Metallica tickets, then different discussion).

Because you paid for your 2011 Redskins season tickets prior to the March 1 renewal deadline, you will receive 2 complimentary tickets from the Redskins to the Kenny Chesney concert on June 4, 2011. Unfortunately, tickets for your first choice event were over-subscribed, so you have been assigned the Kenny Chesney concert. Your tickets will be in the Upper Level and will be mailed to you along with a complimentary parking pass in the coming weeks.

We also have a limited number of Lower Level and Club Level tickets still available for this show, and you may upgrade your complimentary Upper Level tickets to these premium locations for the following price per ticket:

Note the bold and enlarged text above.

March 1st was not the initial free ticket deadline. It was February 18th.

The later date of March 1st was an extension.

I suggest the reason some are not getting their first choice is because they didn't pay the initial invoice (for the opportunity to receive free tickets) in time, and the available seats were filled with those who did pay on time.

Metallica tickets? When are they coming to fedex?

Mark,

Wrong!!!!!!

Paid the day I got the invoice.

Went back and looked up up just to be 100% accurate. Paid Jan 18th.

So I paid well on time.

So again, so much for paying before the deadline.......

That really sucks. This even pisses me off, and it doesn't even involve me.

You know what? I would call and ask for an explanation. And demand something besides a canned response. That's ridiculous. To dangle those tickets in front of you, pay the very first day, and then be denied because the tickets were "over-subscribed" implies that the tickets were never available in the first place - that they were just used as bait.

See what they say to that.

This reminds me of some of the earlier things they used to do.

Very disappointing.

That really sucks. This even pisses me off, and it doesn't even involve me.

You know what? I would call and ask for an explanation. And demand something besides a canned response. That's ridiculous. To dangle those tickets in front of you, pay the very first day, and then be denied because the tickets were "over-subscribed" implies that the tickets were never available in the first place - that they were just used as bait.

See what they say to that.

This reminds me of some of the earlier things they used to do.

Very disappointing.

Mark,

Just an FYI, I'm in the same boat as Deadman. Paid well before initial 2/18 deadline, requested UMD-ND tix, and got the exact same email he did.

Think I'm gonna take your advice and demand an explanation.

Sounds like business as usual. The ole bait-n-switch. Nothing was guaranteed.

It's almost as if that place is run by Snyder. Oh wait, I forgot. It is.

I'd love to see Dave McKenna do an investigative report of sampling a large group of STH's who played by the rules but ended up w/ Chesney tix instead of College FB.

Do you mean you already had 2 tickets in 446 Row 2, or did they offer to move you there?

Moving to Green parking is a nice offer. I paid in full back in February, and I have been told twice that Green parking is currently not available. To me, this validates the belief of some on here that people who hold out can still get rewarded.

yeah, they lied to you.

i posted in the other season ticket thread that they called me and offered me green parking (i had no parking) because I hadn't paid my tickets yet. I took it. Then found out they ripped my seats out of the stadium in the upper level, and canceled my account. by the way, this was monday of this week.

There is still green parking available, you just have to be lucky enough to get offered them.

This is exactly why i never got the bronze/copper/field lot passes in the past. I knew once you signed up for them they'd keep you there as long as they could, and the 'upgrade path' to green was a bunch of bs.

This is exactly why i never got the bronze/copper/field lot passes in the past. I knew once you signed up for them they'd keep you there as long as they could, and the 'upgrade path' to green was a bunch of bs.

The best upgrade path to Green is to keep your ear to this board in early August. That's when parking permits have become available at least twice in the past. If you don't hear anything here, check with the TO at that time.

Man, that sucks. You have every right to be upset.

This offer not only convinced me to pay in full by 2/18, but it was also one of the factors that persuaded me to re-up period (I was really one the fence about renewing). I renewed over the phone and specifically told them that I would be out of the country on 6/4, and therefore was only interested in this offer if I could get soccer or MD tickets. The rep I spoke with clearly stated to me "that shouldn't be a problem". We'll see what happens.

I'm still hoping I get moved to lower end-zones. I'm currently in Row 2 of the upper deck end-zone and I paid early.

For the folks in the seats that seem to be getting replaced with standing decks in the uppers..if it works anything like they did when they did it to us in the Club level, you'll get moved to higher priced seats but for the price you would've paid for your old seats.

yeah, they lied to you..

I guess that's a yes and no, haha. I mean, the rules say you have to go in gray and what not first, but then as you said, green are always available and are still being offered to people at this time and August. Definitely pisses me off about the Green. Been tailgating in the Green lot for five years now and want to keep it that way. I'm guessing I'm either stuck on the:

a) Get lucky and get Green

B) Buy Green from someone

c) Email someone pissed and HOPEFULLY get my way

Either way I'm a new season ticket account holder so I'm more than positive I'll get the good ol block being I'm new to owning season tickets, so B) is probably the more likelier of the two. It sucks because over where we are, NOBODY parks there. Damn lot wasn't even filled up for the Dallas game before we left which was at like 8.

It is possible to move to green eventually. I moved from Blue, to Red and eventually green over about five years. So yes, you can move up on the parking waiting list. Lots of others have reported that also. I suggest that when someone finds out their seat has been upgraded to call to find out if you are eligible for a parking pass upgrade. If the reports of fans on this message board are indicative of a trend, then a lot of seats and likely green parking passes have also not been renewed.

It does sound like they are using a green parking pass to entice STHs who are on the fence or not interested in renewing since it has been reported by a couple people. Personally, that is better than offering better seats which is what they used to do at the expense of those of us who had more seniority or already better seats. Definitely not fair to those waiting on the green parking pass list, however.

Mark,

Thanks yeah it is BS and it's ashamed b/c I just can't see them running out of tickets and then asking if I want to pay more for tickets that I believe was my 3rd choice (I want to say Man U was 2nd, not that I wanted to see that either). I just can't see that many fans paying ahead of me and then everybody requesting UMD/ND

I will be calling the Skins tomorrow. I have to call them also b/c of the Army/Navy game. Bought tickets through ticketmaster. Tickets are supposed to include parking. Only option to receive tickets appear to print them (at another fee added) or pick them up at will call. I chose will call.

See the problem......how do I get the parking pass? Called ticketmaster and they told me to go to will call and pick up tickets and pass BEFORE I park and that I can do this only 90 minutes before the game. Anybody knowing FedEx knows that this is completely impossible. So I need to find out how to get this done without going insane on gameday. I'm hoping the FedEx ticket office will be able to help but I doubt it.....

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 06:23 PM ----------

Metallica tickets? When are they coming to fedex?

Not anytime soon that I'm aware. Just using an example that I'm not a K. Chesney fan. Metallica has played there before, I hope they'll play there again someday.

Well the season ticket office finally got me to renew today. I was on the fence because I didn't want to fork over the 2500 plus dollars with the start of the season being in doubt. The ticket office told me that they would upgrade my parking from cooper to green and I only had to put 10% down on the tickets. The other 90 will be due when the new CBA is agreed to (or the players return to work for the long haul).

I asked about upgrades and they advised that I would still be eligible depending on what opened up (my seats are in 112 row 4). I did try to move locations before I renewed but the ticket office held firm. This is unlike in previous years.

I'm excited about finally getting green parking on my account.

Archived