Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Season Ticket Renewals: Anyone Swayed by the Complimentary Ticket Offer / 2/18 Deadline?

capcrunch98

If you remember, when you all became season ticket holders did they email you to let you know where your seats would be? Or did you have to check periodically after the upgrades happened on the ticket page till it informed you of your seats?

If you remember, when you all became season ticket holders did they email you to let you know where your seats would be? Or did you have to check periodically after the upgrades happened on the ticket page till it informed you of your seats?

I'm pretty sure I had to check the ticketmaster page. Never got an email.

Yeah, I never got an email in nine years. We do get a letter in the mail in June usually with the change in seat location. Now last year, I did get a call in late April asking if I was still interested in moving from the upper deck to the lower deck, and if I was, was I willing to have my CC charged for the additional amount. But I didn't find out about my seat change until I checked my account several weeks later.

For those going thru this the first time, If you see your seats missing or see "returned" next to your parking pass or seats, don't worry; that is the first stage of an upgrade and may show on your invoice for a day or two until the system updates with the new seats and/or parking location. Unless you happen to check on that day, you may never know it happened; you may just see your upgrade. But every upgrade gets a snail mail letter in June advising the change.

I usually can search well, but can't seem to find it. How long do the upgrades usually take? 3 weeks or so?

Depends where you sit. The TO has to start in the lower level first closest to the 50 yard line sections and then move towards the end zones with people being upgraded towards the 50 yard line. Last year, that seemed to take 2-3 weeks based on reports on the message board. Then they move people down from the upper level to the lower level, typically in the end zone first. Then they move the upper level people down in their sections. Upper level upgrades seem to take longer because they have to charge CC for any increase in seat costs, e.g. moving to the lower level or moving from row 18 to 10, for example. Most reported last year they were contacted about seats that cost more; but a few have also reported never being contacted.

Since people got their upgrade letters in June last year and the actual upgrades started in early May as I recall, it takes about 1-2 months. But some of us were able to find out sooner by checking our accounts regularly. For me last year, I was called on April 29 asking if I wanted to be upgraded to the lower level; found out my actual seats from checking my account sometime in late May; and got my formal letter in the mail in mid-June.

Also some people in the upper level kept getting upgrades later in the summer. I think that is just part of the moving so many around. Seats can open up for a variety of reasons. Some get out of the GA seats because they are moving; some die; etc. Also, the more empty seats they have to fill, the longer the upgrade process could take, I would think. In other words, the higher the turnover, the longer the upgrade process is.....but that's an assumption on my part, not a fact from someone inside the TO office. Not only may there be higher turnover because people did not want to pay for something that may not happen, the state of the economy; but the Skins also are removing LOTS of seats in both end zones which means a lot of relocations that have to happen and getting permission to charge the higher seat cost or negotiating that extra cost with the customers who did not want to pay more.....lot of variables this year.

If they did start the upgrade process last week as some have reported, the TO seems to be about 3 weeks behind where they were last year. But then, they have a year of experience using their new upgrade software and may have more confidence in using it this year. That may speed things along. Hopefully, we should know something in June; and if we are lucky, we may see upgrades sooner on our online accounts.

...I guess all that is a lot of words that essentially says "who knows for sure" :D

Haha makes sense, thanks for the in depth explanation, makes sense and more than likely would have saved me more questions. I'm not upgrading, I just became a season ticket holder this season (received my notice in December), so I have to wait for everyone to get done. Crossing my fingers I get closest to the 50 as I can in the UL (rows 1-15), but who knows. I do know they charged me the price of rows 1-15, so I'm happy about that.

Guess I shouldn't start worrying / checking till the middle of July, but I know I will keep checking. I hope they have some green parking left over so I can somehow manage to get into the green lots to tailgate with some other fellow members on the forum and friends who also park in green, but doesn't look to bright being I'm a new season ticket holder and there's some 'seniority rule' from what I've been told, we'll see what happens though.

Thanks again for the explanation.

You're welcome. Our real concern should be whether we are even going to watch football this fall.....and that just sucks for all of us.

C'mon scrooge. Finding out this year's seat location is the only tangible thing we can hold on to right now. :)

I keep telling myself it's going to happen to stay optimistic, but definitely doesn't look all that promising at the moment.

Just stay focused on the seat location, it's fun! Some day there will be NFL football again.

That's what I'm trying to do, just be fixed on the seat location. Even if there isn't football (which I'm hoping won't happen), I'll at least be excited up to the point of waiting for my seats, then after that the depression will settle in.

Well, the "scary" part of the seat upgrade process has begun. I just checked my account online and it says I have a green parking pass and no seats. My old seats are missing....nada....nothing...zilch....doesn't even say I paid over $2,000 for my two seats. One would think ticketmaster, of all companies, would have a more user friendly online account system. I'll keep checking back to see where I am sitting for the next football season....whenever that may be.

I sit in section 109, endzone next to the Redskins tunnel.

Well, the "scary" part of the seat upgrade process has begun. I just checked my account online and it says I have a green parking pass and no seats. My old seats are missing....nada....nothing...zilch....doesn't even say I paid over $2,000 for my two seats. One would think ticketmaster, of all companies, would have a more user friendly online account system. I'll keep checking back to see where I am sitting for the next football season....whenever that may be.

Boo. My seats still show up. No soup for me. I'm already lower level Redskins' sideline, so I was just being greedy anyway.

Congratulations to you, good luck!

Good to hear! I couldn't log into my account for some reason this afternoon, but got in and everything is the same. I am UL, so i am hoping movement with you guys in the LL will leave room for me! Not sure how long it takes to shift the LL people around before they start moving us down. I wonder how long they will give us to pay for the upgrade (obviously if changing pricing structures).

Boo. My seats still show up. No soup for me. I'm already lower level Redskins' sideline, so I was just being greedy anyway.

Congratulations to you, good luck!

You can hardly move much closer to the 50 than you are now you greedy SOB! :D (remember...you called me Scrooge, first.)

Looking on Stubhub today to see if my decision to sell my pair of Chesney lowers and parking for $100 total was a good move when I pulled the trigger last week.

I notice today there are VERY few pairs left in the lower level, yet there are about 30 singles scattered throughout the visitors side of the LL, all priced at $25 each. Each one of these are for pick up at the TO only, no downloads, and there's a $15 fee for such.

Still though, $45 for a prime lower level seat seems like a steal when you compare to what the pairs are going for.

So far I've been able to unload my free pairs of Man-U and MD/Notre Dame tix for a total of $850, after stub hub fees. Not a bad deal if you ask me!

Holy ****, Batman!! You did very well. Congratulations on finding a way to reduce your STH costs.

Archived