Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Season Ticket Renewals: Anyone Swayed by the Complimentary Ticket Offer / 2/18 Deadline?

capcrunch98

I guess that's a yes and no, haha. I mean, the rules say you have to go in gray and what not first, but then as you said, green are always available and are still being offered to people at this time and August. Definitely pisses me off about the Green. Been tailgating in the Green lot for five years now and want to keep it that way. I'm guessing I'm either stuck on the:

a) Get lucky and get Green

B) Buy Green from someone

c) Email someone pissed and HOPEFULLY get my way

d) Go to the Ticket Office in person pissed and HOPEFULLY get my way

Either way I'm a new season ticket account holder so I'm more than positive I'll get the good ol block being I'm new to owning season tickets, so B) is probably the more likelier of the two. It sucks because over where we are, NOBODY parks there. Damn lot wasn't even filled up for the Dallas game before we left which was at like 8.

I added an option for you. If you were to go to the TO and see a stack of Greens sitting on a counter, as I have seen in August, they might be more inclined to see things your way.

Well the season ticket office finally got me to renew today. I was on the fence because I didn't want to fork over the 2500 plus dollars with the start of the season being in doubt. The ticket office told me that they would upgrade my parking from cooper to green and I only had to put 10% down on the tickets. The other 90 will be due when the new CBA is agreed to (or the players return to work for the long haul).

Are you serious?!? You only had to pay 10% down? Who did you speak to about this?

Well the season ticket office finally got me to renew today. I was on the fence because I didn't want to fork over the 2500 plus dollars with the start of the season being in doubt. The ticket office told me that they would upgrade my parking from cooper to green and I only had to put 10% down on the tickets. The other 90 will be due when the new CBA is agreed to (or the players return to work for the long haul).
Are you serious?!? You only had to pay 10% down? Who did you speak to about this?

No bull, that's a hell of deal. I wish I had tried that so I could have gotten the green parking.

I added an option for you. If you were to go to the TO and see a stack of Greens sitting on a counter, as I have seen in August, they might be more inclined to see things your way.

Might just have to do that!

Yeah I only had to put 10% down. I forgot to mention in my post that the Ticket Office called me. They advised that they were going to be starting the auto-upgrade process for lower levels soon and wanted to give lower-level seat holders one last chance before moving others into their seats. He threw in the Green Parking upgrade pretty quickly.

This thread had me nervous that I would get stuck with Kenny Chesney, so I just called the TO (because I hadn't heard anything and just read on WaPo that the Man U game is sold out). They confirmed that I'll be recieving three upper level tix to the man u/barcelona game (my first choice), and said they should be mailing out the tix by the end of june. I'm pretty happy with this. Also, just looked at what the tix for this game are going for on stubhub, and it's pretty ridiculous (all the UL seats are well over 100 right now). I'm sure that will come down considerably once the ticket holders get their free seats and some inevitably start selling them, but even if you look at it from a purely financial perspective, this is not a bad deal for the ticket holders (if I could recoup $300 for three tix, that's about 10% of my season tix purchase price, pretty good deal). I actually plan to go to the game cause I think it will be fun, just pointing out that for all the TO complaining that goes on around here, this really is a pretty nice benefit for at least some holders. Hope it works out better for others as well.

but even if you look at it from a purely financial perspective, this is not a bad deal for the ticket holders (if I could recoup $300 for three tix, that's about 10% of my season tix purchase price, pretty good deal).

I got 2 to the Man U game when I signed up for 2011 seasons back in February. Will be a great game to go to, and like you said, uppers are currently going for $100 a pop so if I change my mind and decide to sell them on stubhub.com it will be a nice chunk of change to help offset the loss I take on the preseason games.

Going on year 5 of seasons. Still high in the sky, though.

Congrats on getting the free tix of your choice. Are your Skins STs GAs or premiums? Uppers or lowers?

Thanks. Sideline Upper GA, 427 row 3. I've been pretty fortunate with upgrades since I started in the endzone row 24 (i think it helped that I have 3 seats), and now actually don't ask for an upgrade anymore as I really love where I'm at (although I wouldn't mind sitting on the skins side on september afternoons for that shade, it's too close to the sun up there!!), but no premium seats or anything like that.

I got 2 to the Man U game when I signed up for 2011 seasons back in February. Will be a great game to go to, and like you said, uppers are currently going for $100 a pop so if I change my mind and decide to sell them on stubhub.com it will be a nice chunk of change to help offset the loss I take on the preseason games.

Going on year 5 of seasons. Still high in the sky, though.

Congrats!! Glad others are also getting what they asked for.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone received their complimentary tix yet? The Skins cashed my check on 2/18 and I still haven't received my Kenny Chesney tix.

If you log in to your Redskins Ticketmaster account, you can view your seat assignments for all the free events. I know some people have received their Chesney tickets, but has anyone received tickets to the other events or know when that is expected?

If you log in to your Redskins Ticketmaster account, you can view your seat assignments for all the free events. I know some people have received their Chesney tickets, but has anyone received tickets to the other events or know when that is expected?

How can you view your seat assignments to all the free events? I don't have any link like that in my Ticketmaster account.

I'm still waiting to hear about my tickets to Man U or the UMD football game. Since I didn't hear anything about Chesney, I assume I will get tickets to one of those events.

How can you view your seat assignments to all the free events? I don't have any link like that in my Ticketmaster account.

When you log in, click "Manage My Tickets" under the "quicklinks" menu on the left side of the screen (burgundy box). The seat assignments show up on the right portion of the screen. Mine have been up for at least a week.

When you log in, click "Manage My Tickets" under the "quicklinks" menu on the left side of the screen (burgundy box). The seat assignments show up on the right portion of the screen. Mine have been up for at least a week.

When I log into the ticketmaster account page "manage my tickets" is greyed out for me. :(

My link is greyed out as well - from what I understand of the Ticketmaster system, the link does not go live until tickets have been assigned to your account. Sounds like they started assigning seats based on some priority system and your tickets already got assigned. Ah, to be a premium seat holder... :)

On an interesting side note, it looks from the invoice page like the upgrade process has started.

I've been trying to click the Manage my tickets but it's greyed out and non clickable. hmmmph!!

Try: Account Settings\View/Pay Invoices. Then click on this year's invoice. This is where I can see my seat locations (still unchanged from last year).

Archived