Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone on verizon - who ordered?

TMK9973

Today is the 1st day you can pre-order you iPhone on Verizon...

Verizon is expecting HUGE numbers...

I'm not. Am I crazy?

I mean - I'm sure there are a lot of people that wanted a iPhone but not on AT&T...but didn't most of those people eaither A - Go to AT&T and are now on a contract or B- Went with a android phone to stay on Verizon?

I can see many CURRENT Iphone users swithing to a verizon iPhone once their current contract runs out - but where are these LARGE numbers suppose to come from?

Am I being totally navie on the love of the iPhone and verizon here?

I hope to get an iPhone at some point in the future.

When I do, I'll be getting it on AT&T.

Not being able to surf and talk at the same time on Verizon is a dealbreaker for me.

So true question -Why is that a deal breaker?

I have Verizon, when I am on the phone I can still receive texts and still use my GPS. I'm can honetly say It has never come up once and until AT&T started talking about it, I never even knew it was the case. (Now -I do now use the Hot Spot sometimes and THEN i've noticed it. When I'm on my laptop, using my phone hot spot, and I want to take a call).

So true question -Why is that a deal breaker?

I have Verizon, when I am on the phone I can still receive texts and still use my GPS. I'm can honetly say It has never come up once and until AT&T started talking about it, I never even knew it was the case. (Now -I do now use the Hot Spot sometimes and THEN i've noticed it. When I'm on my laptop, using my phone hot spot, and I want to take a call).

Agree with this. Also, you can talk and surf as long as you are connected to wifi

This, I renew my contract in August. By then the iPhone 5 should be out for Verizon with all the kinks worked out. Anyone who goes for this iPhone the day of launch is completely stupid.
I am a longtime Verizon customer with a Blackbery, and I pre-ordered an iPhone 4 today. If another one comes out in August, I think it's likely that Verizon will allow some kind of upgrade deal, but the 2012 iPhone will probably be the bigger jump anyways once LTE is fully rolled out.

I am a longtime Verizon customer with a Blackbery, and I pre-ordered an iPhone 4 today. If another one comes out in August, I think it's likely that Verizon will allow some kind of upgrade deal, but the 2012 iPhone will probably be the bigger jump anyways once LTE is fully rolled out.

Just be ready to deal with all the bugs that will come with the iPhone 4. Good luck with it and let us know how the net speeds are once you get it.

Just be ready to deal with all the bugs that will come with the iPhone 4. Good luck with it and let us know how the net speeds are once you get it.
There are already hardware tweaks that were improved from the AT&T iPhone 4 to the Verizon one (e.g. the antenna was re-confingured). And iOS 4.3 should be released soon. I will let you know how the download speeds are. I'm sure there will be a lot AT&T vs. Verizon youtube videos once the iPhones all start hitting the street.

Good luck witht he upgrade deal. Isn't Verizon doing away with their current customer upgrade rebates all together?

Good luck witht he upgrade deal. Isn't Verizon doing away with their current customer upgrade rebates all together?

Yes, for all new member you don't get the $100 credit when you upgrade. Existing members have one upgrade rebate left before it ends.

I honestly don't care, I'm ready to take my Droid Eris and smash it to pieces. I can't wait to get my iPhone this summer.

VZW iPhone users be prepared for data throttling. Verizon has said they will throttle back users data speeds who reach their mysterious "5% of top users" per month. The throttling will be for the remainder of your current billing period in which you offend and for the whole next month.

Tmobile has said 99% of their customers use less than 5GB of data per month and AT&T has said 97% of theirs use less than 2GB per month. If Verizon's number match that, then a bunch of data hungry iPhone users will be disappointed. From what I have read VZW has not listed how much data their customers use or have really created a "ceiling" for data usage. My opinion is if you are going to offer unlimited data, which isn't really unlimited, but a high cap, then you should NOT be throttling usage for up to 60 days potentially for users.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 01:50 PM ----------

There are already hardware tweaks that were improved from the AT&T iPhone 4 to the Verizon one (e.g. the antenna was re-confingured). And iOS 4.3 should be released soon. I will let you know how the download speeds are. I'm sure there will be a lot AT&T vs. Verizon youtube videos once the iPhones all start hitting the street.

CNET did speed test for both the AT&T and VZW iPhone. It looks like the antenna improvements helped the VZW model because it had 2 to 6 times faster performance BUT they tested in San Francisco where, for whatever reason, AT&T has terrible service. Therefore, I am not ready to accept those tests.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 01:55 PM ----------

Love the iphone, but hate AT&T service...I really don't know anyone that likes it. I will be switching to Sprint, as my contract has run out. Now what to do with my iphone?

If it is a 3GS or iPhone4 i am certain you could sell it with ease.

VZW iPhone users be prepared for data throttling. Verizon has said they will throttle back users data speeds who reach their mysterious "5% of top users" per month. The throttling will be for the remainder of your current billing period in which you offend and for the whole next month.

Tmobile has said 99% of their customers use less than 5GB of data per month and AT&T has said 97% of theirs use less than 2GB per month. If Verizon's number match that, then a bunch of data hungry iPhone users will be disappointed. From what I have read VZW has not listed how much data their customers use or have really created a "ceiling" for data usage. My opinion is if you are going to offer unlimited data, which isn't really unlimited, but a high cap, then you should NOT be throttling usage for up to 60 days potentially for users.

In order to reach the "Top 5%" status, you will have to be using your mobile hotspot constantly, and streaming a ton of content daily. The average iPhone user will come nowhere close to reaching that status. I would venture to guess that no one on this board will reach that status.

Archived