Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone on verizon - who ordered?

TMK9973

How is it any different from any other cellular company's device promotion ?

You will always pay much higher for a device outside of a contract.

But you'd think they could knock a little bit off the price for a 10-year verizon customer with less than 3 months to go on his current plan

Yes, for all new member you don't get the $100 credit when you upgrade. Existing members have one upgrade rebate left before it ends.

I honestly don't care, I'm ready to take my Droid Eris and smash it to pieces. I can't wait to get my iPhone this summer.

The Eris was great till the 2.1 OTA push. You can still get great performance out of it if rooted/overclocked. Even if you are that unhappy with the Eris, there is no reason to bail on the Android platform for an iPhone. There are currently a few "Droids" that outperform the iPhone and the HTC Thunderbolt and Motorola Bionic are due to hit the stores soon.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this or not...

I can get a new phone in March, I'm looking at either the Thunderbolt or Bionic. These are both 4G phones, but I don't really want to pay the extra money for 4G, so will I have to pay for 4G since these are 4G phones, or can I still use 3G?

But you'd think they could knock a little bit off the price for a 10-year verizon customer with less than 3 months to go on his current plan

Did you just look online? If you haven't called and talk to someone I would try that. Back in October I got an upgrade for super cheap and instant rebates and I wasn't suppose to get a upgrade for 4 more months.

Did you just look online? If you haven't called and talk to someone I would try that. Back in October I got an upgrade for super cheap and instant rebates and I wasn't suppose to get a upgrade for 4 more months.

Ive been trying to get an upgrade for months now..even called yesterday to try again and was told NO I have to wait till April 1st..So much for 16 yrs of service. If AT&T didnt suck so much id switch fast but Verizon has the best service in the area.

In order to reach the "Top 5%" status, you will have to be using your mobile hotspot constantly, and streaming a ton of content daily. The average iPhone user will come nowhere close to reaching that status. I would venture to guess that no one on this board will reach that status.

Doesn't matter how many actually reach the cap, it's the fact that throttling data usage is there.

I don't know if they have said yet or not, but Sprint's 4G plan is an extra $10/month. So I would imagine Verizon's would be somewhere around that.

Sprint's 4G no longer an extra 10 dollars a month because Sprint upped their 3g price to the same as the 4g price

---------- Post added February-4th-2011 at 02:28 PM ----------

Also matt, I have an EVO and Va Beach doesn't have 4g yet, only Richmond does, 3g is what I use

Out of everyone I know, only two people ordered an Iphone from Verizon. I think most people have realized that Apple has fallen behind in technology. The Iphone5 that comes out this summer is going to feature options that current Android phones have. Its not really just my opinion, its obvious when you compare the two.

Out of everyone I know, only two people ordered an Iphone from Verizon. I think most people have realized that Apple has fallen behind in technology. The Iphone5 that comes out this summer is going to feature options that current Android phones have. Its not really just my opinion, its obvious when you compare the two.

what kind of options?

what kind of options?

Facetime without wifi, flash video (I can watch live TV online for free with my Droid), an 8MP camera with dual LED light, HDMI output, hotspot, dual core processor, interchangeable memory and battery.

---------- Post added February-4th-2011 at 05:07 PM ----------

What is the point in buying a 4G phone when it is rarely available?

You can switch between 3G and 4G. My 4G works great where I live.

Facetime without wifi, flash video (I can watch live TV online for free with my Droid), an 8MP camera with dual LED light, HDMI output, hotspot, dual core processor, interchangeable memory and battery.

no other phone has FaceTime. iPhones can video chat over 3G with soups just like your phone. Why does a phone need flash? Flash is clunky and not designed for smartphones. You realize that megapixel count means almost nothing, right? Unless of course you need to blow the image up for a poster. Why does a phone need a dual led? Hdmi out would be a welcome addition. As far as battery and memory goes, I can see how they may be convenient, but I dont know how they are necessary or why that kind of thing would be a dealbreaker. I'm pretty sure if all the rumors are correct about the next iPhone, it will be pretty sweet.

What is the point in buying a 4G phone when it is rarely available?

Well now with sprint since 3g price is the same as 4g, why not buy a phone that will have faster speeds in the future?

---------- Post added February-4th-2011 at 10:32 PM ----------

no other phone has FaceTime. iPhones can video chat over 3G with soups just like your phone. Why does a phone need flash? Flash is clunky and not designed for smartphones. You realize that megapixel count means almost nothing, right? Unless of course you need to blow the image up for a poster. Why does a phone need a dual led? Hdmi out would be a welcome addition. As far as battery and memory goes, I can see how they may be convenient, but I dont know how they are necessary or why that kind of thing would be a dealbreaker. I'm pretty sure if all the rumors are correct about the next iPhone, it will be pretty sweet.

I don't need facetime when I can skype from my phone with anyone that has skype and not just another EVO. Would you buy a digital camera without a flash? Evo flash isn't clunky at all and the dual LEDs are awesome with the flashlight and lightbulb apps. Interchangeable battery = longer lifetime between charges. My stock would die in about 4 or 5 hours, now I can get 10-12 since I got the 3500mah.

The Iphone 4 is obsolete. There are many android phones that are much better. However, what separates iphone from android is the apps. The apple app store has more apps to choose from than the android market. However, Android is gaining real fast. Android has more than 130k apps. currently In a year, the Android Market has grown 6 times. Apple's growth rate is only 2-fold. Also, Google only a few days ago, introduced something real cool. Using your desktop, if you download an android app from android market (you will need to log in to your google account), the app will go directly to your smart phone.

I'm currently on AT&T with an old iPhone that's literally on it's last legs and I've been waiting to make the switch to Verizon before buying a new iphone. However the more I think about it, I may just buy a used AT&T iPhone 4 and wait (i.e. suffer a bit longer) for iPhone 5 to be released before making the jump to Verizon.

Archived