Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone on verizon - who ordered?

TMK9973

My girl just got the Verizon iphone on pre order the other night, they said it's been shipped already, I'm interested in testing out it out. I had a 3G on AT&T for awhile but then started using Softbank in JP, now that I'm back I'm running T-mobile's prepaid plan on it, I'm going to test the speed (3g) differences between the two when her's get's in.

Out of everyone I know, only two people ordered an Iphone from Verizon. I think most people have realized that Apple has fallen behind in technology. The Iphone5 that comes out this summer is going to feature options that current Android phones have. Its not really just my opinion, its obvious when you compare the two.

Have you seen the reported processor and memory specs for the iPhone5? It's all reports at this stage but from good sources and if true they move the game on significantly. Add on the AppStore and it's significant advantage of the Andriod equivalent and iPhone is still what I will stay with when I upgrade later this year (I'm on 3Gs right now).

You know, I really don't get all the hate for AT&T. I've been a customer since they've been Cingular and I've never been unhappy with their service.

I've been with AT&T since before the Cingular merger too. It's probably not as bad as some say but I travel all over Georgia for work and quite often I have a lousy signal or none at all. In many cases others with Verizon are talking, surfing, checking email around me while I'm doing gymnastics next to a window in an effort to get a bar or two just long enough to get an email/text out. In fairness though, some of that could be the fault of my ancient phone. Even so, I have to think that depending on where you are, their network can be an issue.

no other phone has FaceTime. iPhones can video chat over 3G with soups just like your phone. Why does a phone need flash? Flash is clunky and not designed for smartphones. You realize that megapixel count means almost nothing, right? Unless of course you need to blow the image up for a poster. Why does a phone need a dual led? Hdmi out would be a welcome addition. As far as battery and memory goes, I can see how they may be convenient, but I dont know how they are necessary or why that kind of thing would be a dealbreaker. I'm pretty sure if all the rumors are correct about the next iPhone, it will be pretty sweet.

Ok so the program isnt actually called Facetime. Its still video chat. I didnt know they updated so you dont need wifi to video chat anymore. That was a serious flaw when the iphone 4 came out. I would hate to not have Flash on my phone. I use it daily. Not designed for smartphones? For something that isnt designed for smartphones it sure works well on mine. A phone doesnt NEED dual LED, but it sure does help when you are recording video and/or taking pictures. And I rarely use my actual camera for photos so having a high quality camera on mine works well for me. A dual core processor is nice to have too. Interchangeable memory and battery is a big deal to me. I can upgrade my phones memory at any point in time and change out the battery whenever I need. Like I said, Apple has fallen behind imo

Ok so the program isnt actually called Facetime. Its still video chat. I didnt know they updated so you dont need wifi to video chat anymore. That was a serious flaw when the iphone 4 came out. I would hate to not have Flash on my phone. I use it daily. Not designed for smartphones? For something that isnt designed for smartphones it sure works well on mine. A phone doesnt NEED dual LED, but it sure does help when you are recording video and/or taking pictures. And I rarely use my actual camera for photos so having a high quality camera on mine works well for me. A dual core processor is nice to have too. Interchangeable memory and battery is a big deal to me. I can upgrade my phones memory at any point in time and change out the battery whenever I need. Like I said, Apple has fallen behind imo

You realize this isn't Apple following behind, it's their business plan and it seems to be working great for them.

I use my phone constantly throughout the day and get 12+ hours of battery life and I have never changed the battery. And as I said, you can videochat over 3G with iPhones using skype or fring. iPhones have a flash for the camera, too. anyway...back to the preorder discussion.

You don't have GPS, 3G, Pandora, Mobile Internet running constantly on the iphone and get 12+ hours, I guarantee that. If I switch to wifi at home I get over 20 hours. I'm just saying, the ability to customize is crucial, and apple falls flat with all of their products that way.

---------- Post added February-6th-2011 at 12:58 AM ----------

You realize this isn't Apple following behind, it's their business plan and it seems to be working great for them.

Its because they throw a lower case i infront of something and people buy it just because.

You cannot use your ATT iphone with Verizon. You are required to buy a new phone. Not as easy as just switching service, another scam.

You realize that's because they run off of different systems for service right? Verizon is CDMA and ATT and Tmobile and others you can run the current ones off of are GSM.

You could never do this unless you had a phone with both HSPA and CDMA capability, which would be rare.

Actually, the Verizon iPhone is using a Qualcomm chip that has both CDMA and GSM capabilities. Only the CDMA capability is activated. This was shown in a recent teardown of the Verizon iPhone. Kinda cool.

You cannot use your ATT iphone with Verizon. You are required to buy a new phone. Not as easy as just switching service, another scam.

I know, right! It's just like when I bought a new Mac and tried to install my PC version of Office and it wouldn't work. Yet another scam!!! :mad:

Actually, the Verizon iPhone is using a Qualcomm chip that has both CDMA and GSM capabilities. Only the CDMA capability is activated. This was shown in a recent teardown of the Verizon iPhone. Kinda cool.

Yes. And notice how I said you "could never". Didn't say you wouldn't be able to. ;)

Archived