Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 College Football Thread

SkinsHokieFan

Man, VT 2011 is the Redskins '86.

Only one team could hanlde that '86 Redskins team and that was the NYG.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

I'm curious how we're defining elite QBs. I mean Taylor is now a back up in the NFL. Vick is a ok starter but he's inconsistent and gets injured a lot.

College football. Vick was unstoppable in college. Taylor incredible. Logan Thomas has been great this year except for the Clemson games.

I liken them more to the Eagles.
Yeah, that's a better example. My Braves don't deserve to be lumped in with those losers from Blacksburg.

It's a fair comparison though: Remember, when the Braves were winning all those division titles, a lot of people weren't giving them enough credit because the NL East was normally pretty weak. Same with the Hokies and the ACC.

You're right, though. The Eagles are always all hype, and always come up short. That's a perfect example.

We'll beat WVU, that isn't a question. As for winning in November, we can't beat GT, never have done it well and it just hasn't changed. After that the team was just not focused and defenses caught up to how to play us and it took a bit to adjust. VT blitzed us and I said before not to do that because we've got the talent to beat the blitz.

Anyhow, we'll take care of business and we'll see where it goes next season, if we can ride this out we'll be golden for awhile in the ACC and can help bring it back to the elite levels assuming GT and VT stays consistent, UVA improves, FSU improves and Miami improves

They're looking good heading into next season, no doubt about that.As long as they have Boyd and Watkins they'll be a tough matchup for everyone in the ACC. Cant wait to see them in Doak next year.

We'll be better next year with a lot of guys on the D being a year older, coming back from injury, or just coming back in general (9 of 11 starters)

Looking forward to seeing LT next year. He just had a bad night tonight. It happens, I can live with it. Clemson was better. It happens in college football. Just gotta bounce back and beat Auburn. Would mean a lot more to me then beating WVU in the OB

VT is a pretty young team which bodes well for them but the ACC as a whole is very young. VT, Clemson, FSU, Miami, etc, all are playing a ton of Freshman and young guys. The way things look now the ACC is gonna be wide open heading into next year. It'll be anyones guess who wins it. Whoever does is certainly gonna have to earn it though.

Man, VT 2011 is the Redskins '86.

Only one team could hanlde that '86 Redskins team and that was the NYG.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

College football. Vick was unstoppable in college. Taylor incredible. Logan Thomas has been great this year except for the Clemson games.

Ah yeah I just wasn't sure if we were talking about Elite QBs in College or Elite QBs in general. I realize Vick and Taylor were great college QBs but I wasn't sure if we were talking about college and after.

I'm curious how we're defining elite QBs. I mean Taylor is now a back up in the NFL. Vick is a ok starter but he's inconsistent and gets injured a lot.

Are we talking about elite college QBs or elite QB in general?

We're talking talented QB's in college...ulike the one who just got picked off again

Hhow can you be this bad

The only one since Vick who was truly dangerous was Taylor. And Taylor was alright until his senior year when he really burst out.

Ah yeah I just wasn't sure if we were talking about Elite QBs in College or Elite QBs in general. I realize Vick and Taylor were great college QBs but I wasn't sure if we were talking about college and after.

Yea, I honestly could give 2 ****s what VT players do after college if they aren't Redskins.

MV1, Randall, Taylor were all special QBs in college who had some big big wins. Really enjoyed watching all of them

Yeah, that's a better example. My Braves don't deserve to be lumped in with those losers from Blacksburg.

It's a fair comparison though: Remember, when the Braves were winning all those division titles, a lot of people weren't giving them enough credit because the NL East was normally pretty weak. Same with the Hokies and the ACC.

You're right, though. The Eagles are always all hype, and always come up short. That's a perfect example.

I don't think it's a valid comparison. The Eagles are always hyped by the national media and experts to win the Super Bowl, not just the NFCE. The Hokies are never mentioned as serious national title contenders (at least not on a yearly basis).

VT's fans overhype them, but not really the media.

Okay here it goes.

Skinshokiefan, you're cool as **** dude but

CHOKIES CHOKIES CHOKIES CHOKIES CHOKIES.

Damn I love this team. The gift that keeps on giving year after year.

You know, I give people credit for trash talking when they ID their team. I don't take it from punks like you or Bubble Screen who are too big of ****es to state their team

ClemSC7, Spartacus, Big 44, Major Harris, The Evil Genius, I know who they cheer for. Its fun with them

You know, I give people credit for trash talking when they ID their team. I don't take it from punks like you or Bubble Screen who are too big of ****es to state their team

ClemSC7, Spartacus, Big 44, Major Harris, The Evil Genius, I know who they cheer for. Its fun with them

Haha you mad? I've made it clear that I root for the atrocity that is University of Maryland. I have no problem with V-tech the school itself but the fans who constantly hype this team up year after year. Call me a punk all you want, I know what UMD is: GARBAGE. I don't care about that.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:18 PM ----------

No you are Seton HAll basketball fan

Jeremy Hazell

**** off dude. I have no alliance to anything related to New Jersey. You're thinking of BuenosDiaz who used to post here.

Haha you mad? I've made it clear that I root for the atrocity that is University of Maryland. I have no problem with V-tech the school itself but the fans who constantly hype this team up year after year. Call me a punk all you want, I know what UMD is: GARBAGE. I don't care about that.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:18 PM ----------

**** off dude. I have no alliance to anything related to New Jersey. You're thinking of BuenosDiaz who used to post here.

:ols:

Ok yea, 2-9 UMD fans talking ****. This thread is ****ing AWESOME when VT loses, everyone comes out of the wood work. We rarely lose so its a twice a year issue.

Go fix your AD's budget then come find me.

Soon as VCU gets a team I'll trash talk you lol

Meanwhile I'll just live vicariously through LSU and Florida like I always have.

Archived