Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the NFL get rid of the Pro Bowl?

Ron78

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The pro bowl has never been a very interesting game because these players are not really playing for anything. They are basically on vacation. And now the game is watered down since guys who are expected to play in the Super Bowl do not play in the Pro Bowl.

In the 1950's the NFL had a game called the Bert Bell Benefit Bowl (or Playoff Bowl). It was a match up, for third place, between the two teams that were eliminated in the playoffs the week before. For example, the loser of the AFC Championship (the New York Jets) and the loser of the NFC championship (the Chicago Bears) would be playing each other to determine which of them is in third place. Kind of an anticlimactic, but Jets vs. Bears would still be a more interesting game than a bunch of all stars playing not to injure themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Bell_Benefit_Bowl

I don't know, but something needs to be done. Maybe put out some kind of actual incentive to play hard. make it after the super bowl to allow those players to play. Blitzing.

I suppose they could offer cash bonuses or something to do that, but I doubt the NFL wants to encourage guys to "play harder" with all the fines they have been dishing out.

Announce the Pro Bowl rosters, give the players the vacation to Hawaii, maybe do some skill competitions, but that's it. No need to actually play the game.

I think this is a great idea. I watched the NHL skills competition and the game and I found the skills to be more fun. They could do all kinds of stuff. One thing I'd love to see is to have a tackling dummy, fitted with accelerometers, to see who hits the hardest.

Announce the Pro Bowl rosters, give the players the vacation to Hawaii, maybe do some skill competitions, but that's it. No need to actually play the game.

Yep...the game is pointless. This proposal would also avoid having half the league named to the PB due to injuries or lack of interest. The third-place game is a cool idea too.

I think this is a great idea. I watched the NHL skills competition and the game and I found the skills to be more fun. They could do all kinds of stuff. One thing I'd love to see is to have a tackling dummy, fitted with accelerometers, to see who hits the hardest.

Bring back the NFL Fastest Man contest. Chris Johnson vs Jamaal Charles vs Desean Jackson. There's a bunch of stuff you could do.

Archived