Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you agree with WP ranking of 2012 Republican candidates?

88Comrade2000

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/the-line/skipping-iowa.html

Well, they ranked the Top 10 potential 2012 Republican candidates; agree or disagree.

10. Rick Santorum

9. Jon Huntsman

8. John Thune

7. Mitch Daniels

6. Haley Barbour

5. Tim Pawlenty

4. Mike Huckabee

3. Newt Gingrich

2. Sarah Palin

1. Mitt Romney

Kind of sad what they say about Sarah Palin because it's true. She could win those states just on Tea Party support alone.

Right now, I don't think Obama has to worry about the most likely potential opponents; his worry is the economy and unemployment. That needs to improve dramatically for him to get 4 more years.

Well you also have to realize that there will be a Democratic Primary and Obama may not win it. I almost think if Hillary was to run against him in the primary that she would win... It wouldn't stop him from running again but it would send a strong message to the voters that the party doesn't support him so I think his own party may become an obsticle for getting 4 more years as well. I think the chances of this are slim but if the state of things hasn't improved by the time the prims come around I think we could see a coup in the Dem party.

Wow! One post and this is about Obama. Impressive.

Personally, I'm more amazed that Rick Santorum is still in the top ten than Sarah is at No. 2. Palin is a huge voice and omnipresent. I think she'll implode in the debates and interviews... I think her support is wide, but shallow. Santorum was about as deep in scandal as a politician could be and left in huge disgrace and controversy

Well you also have to realize that there will be a Democratic Primary and Obama may not win it. I almost think if Hillary was to run against him in the primary that she would win... It wouldn't stop him from running again but it would send a strong message to the voters that the party doesn't support him so I think his own party may become an obsticle for getting 4 more years as well. I think the chances of this are slim but if the state of things hasn't improved by the time the prims come around I think we could see a coup in the Dem party.

I've seen this mentioned on a couple of blogs but there is absolutely no chance this happens. And there is 0 chance Hillary would do something like that. For one, any primary challenge would come from the very liberal side of the party. Hillary isn't exactly a raging liberal. Someone like Kucinich is more their type.

And I really, really do not think Palin is a legitimate candidate. Well I hope not anyway :( (Though part of me wishes she would get the nomination as she would be absolutely destroyed in the general. Double digit loss for sure.)

Waste of time,but I find Newt @3 and their assertion he will definitely run a stretch

The combination of who will run is more critical...too many wild cards(and I expect one to be played)

I agree O has more pressing worries....as should we

It became about Obama in the OP, not the first post:

"Right now, I don't think Obama has to worry about the most likely potential opponents; his worry is the economy and unemployment. That needs to improve dramatically for him to get 4 more years."

---------- Post added January-29th-2011 at 09:24 AM ----------

As for the topic, they're delusional if they think Palin is the 2nd most likely to become the GOP candidate for President...at MOST she'll end up as another Ross Perot. And Gingrich has too much baggage to survive the primaries and make it as the GOP candidate. His Repub rivals and especially the press will feast on that baggage.

10. Rick Santorum: Big-gov't conservative. No thanks.

9. Jon Huntsman: Don't know enough,

8. John Thune: Ditto (I know he's a Senator; that's it),

7. Mitch Daniels: He might work,

6. Haley Barbour: No thank you.

5. Tim Pawlenty: Maybe.

4. Mike Huckabee: See Santorum

3. Newt Gingrich: Ugh, this bigoted jackass? No thanks.

2. Sarah Palin: I'd rather have Obama again.

1. Mitt Romney: Too blah.

I'd prefer Gary Johnson.

It became about Obama in the OP, not the first post:

"Right now, I don't think Obama has to worry about the most likely potential opponents; his worry is the economy and unemployment. That needs to improve dramatically for him to get 4 more years."

---------- Post added January-29th-2011 at 09:24 AM ----------

As for the topic, they're delusional if they think Palin is the 2nd most likely to become the GOP candidate for President...at MOST she'll end up as another Ross Perot. And Gingrich has too much baggage to survive the primaries and make it as the GOP candidate. His Repub rivals and especially the press will feast on that baggage.

Your probably right about that. I think this thread would be a lot more fun and educational if it was about who people thought were the best and brightest (or most worthy) in the Republican or conservative spectrum.

In a list of "most likely to be Pub nominee" Palin is no higher than 5th, particularly assuming Huckabee is in the race.

Palin is unelectable, and Republicans know it. It's as simple as that. Make her the nominee and you guarantee Obama a victory. Her negatives among independents and moderates are insurmountable.

Your probably right about that. I think this thread would be a lot more fun and educational if it was about who people thought were the best and brightest (or most worthy) in the Republican or conservative spectrum.

John MF Bolton

Or we could put Dick back in the WH :evilg:

Cheney is going bionic,but I'd prefer the stache

2013 will mark 100 years of naked-faced presidents ....this wussification of America must end

added

I can hear the whining now, Have you no heart sir?....Nope,I'm the Six Million Dollar Dick

Personally, I'm more amazed that Rick Santorum is still in the top ten than Sarah is at No. 2. Palin is a huge voice and omnipresent. I think she'll implode in the debates and interviews... I think her support is wide, but shallow. Santorum was about as deep in scandal as a politician could be and left in huge disgrace and controversy

Do you have the right guy? I think you may be thinking about Delay, as the only scandal Santorum was linked were accusations over his kid attendence at a Charter school.

Hillary will not run in 2012. Things will have to get much worse for the Dems to have someone run and win the nomination from Obama and that isn't happening.

---------- Post added January-30th-2011 at 12:15 AM ----------

John MF Bolton

Or we could put Dick back in the WH :evilg:

Cheney needs a new heart, he isn't running.

First off, Hillary's done a far better job than I ever expected. I still don't want her in the big chair, but I've been fairly impressed with how she's handled one of the most important, and difficult, jobs on earth.

Second, I love me some Huckabee, but he's killed himself politically with the show on Fox, IMO. And his wallet is probably a good bit heavier, so I don't see him making another run.

Third, there isn't anyone on that list that I find myself ready to run through a brick wall to support. Pawlenty is probably the closest, but I probably won't get really pumped until the McDonnell 2016 campaign gets underway.

They said that even before he got sick.

He has a artificial one

added

On a more serious note

Could you imagine the Dem attacks on Huntsman?

Clearly they couldn't go the idiot route so evil capitalist genius would be dragged out.

I'd like to see him,Bolton and Newt in the running just to step up the level of debate.

First off, Hillary's done a far better job than I ever expected. I still don't want her in the big chair, but I've been fairly impressed with how she's handled one of the most important, and difficult, jobs on earth.

Stop being a suckup and fence waffler. What has she done that impresses you so much? Seriously, your fence walking and suckling to try to be a attaboy is getting old.

Call it like it is, or get off the fence post. I need to make friends, so I will make politically positive commentary.

What exactly has she done that is so impressive? Please.

?

No.

What exactly has she done that is so impressive? Please.

Not be stupid

Interviewer: “But now, Madam Secretary, there is a very strong warning of war looming in the whole area, which is going to be pulling in Hamas, Hizbullah, the Iranians, Israel, and all kinds of factions from all over the region. And this time, they are not talking about skirmishes. They are talking about a large-scale war with many more casualties. How seriously should we take this warning?”

Hillary Clinton: “I’m aware of the drum beats, and I think that those, unfortunately, are being created for very cynical purposes. Let’s just be very blunt here, because I like to be as clear as I can. I think that there is very little doubt that Iran does not want to see any kind of negotiated peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians. For its own purposes, it wants to keep its attention of what the big concern for the future, which is a nuclear-armed Iran, with weapons that threaten its neighbors and beyond. So if they can shift attention away from their own internal decisions about whether or not to pursue and produce nuclear weapons, they will be very happy about that. And we cannot let that attention get diverted, and we cannot let any outside influence case a conflict in the Middle East, which would be disastrous for everyone.” […]

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/2768.htm

Archived