Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: NFL to charge $200 to stand outside Cowboys Stadium and watch Super Bowl

MattFancy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-to-charge-people-200-to-stand-outside-Super?urn=nfl-309783

For one-third the price of a regular ticket, NFL fans will be able to stand outside Cowboys Stadium and act like they are attending the Super Bowl XLV. The league announced on Wednesday that tickets to watch the game on large HD video screens on the east side of the stadium will cost $200.

They're calling it the "party plaza," because what's more of a party than spending two bills to go through a security line for the right to sit on a grassy knoll, pay $9 for a beer and watch a game that's freely available on television?

Why in the world would anyone buy these? You're not really at the Super Bowl if you're sitting outside of the stadium watching it on tv.

This comment on the article made me laugh (and its probably true): "If you're dumb enough to spend $200 to stand out side a stadium, then you probably are a Cowboys fan."

Sounds like good ol' fashionec capitalism.

If people think it's worth it, they'll pay it.

If they don't, they can join me in watching it on tv at home.

I have no problem with it at all and I can't wait to see just how many suckers will do it.

~Bang

Sounds like good ol' fashionec capitalism.

If people think it's worth it, they'll pay it.

If they don't, they can join me in watching it on tv at home.

I have no problem with it at all and I can't wait to see just how many suckers will do it.

~Bang

:yes:

It wasn't entirely clear whether this was mostly Jerrah or the NFL that hatched this plan. In any case, I can't imagine anybody spending the money for this.

Oh, and since it's Dallas, can't they use some other term besides "grassy knoll" to describe where they will be standing.

There will definitely be people willing to pay $200 to tailgate right outside the Super Bowl and attend all the pre-game festivities. Heck, I'm sure there are plenty of people paying for tickets to the game and not even going to watch it... just run around partying and drinking. Not much of a difference. It's kind of a status or ego boost to say... hey, I was there.

There will definitely be people willing to pay $200 to tailgate right outside the Super Bowl and attend all the pre-game festivities. Heck, I'm sure there are plenty of people paying for tickets to the game and not even going to watch it... just run around partying and drinking. Not much of a difference. It's kind of a status or ego boost to say... hey, I was there.

But you aren't really there if you're sitting outside of the stadium

But you aren't really there if you're sitting outside of the stadium

Plenty of people would argue that the Super Bowl is bigger than the game itself, especially the pre-game festivities (which takes place outside the stadium). Not sure what's included in the $200, but if it gets you in everything BUT the game, some would consider that a bargain if they don't care about watching football in the first place.

Plenty of people would argue that the Super Bowl is bigger than the game itself, especially the pre-game festivities (which takes place outside the stadium). Not sure what's included in the $200, but if it gets you in everything BUT the game, some would consider that a bargain if they don't care about watching football in the first place.

I don't think you get into the stadium at all. You do get a program and a scarf though.

If the skins were playing and it meant getting to the ES Tailgate, I'd pay it. I heard they pretty much frown on tailgating at the Super Bowl though. We need to start working on this in case the skins ever make it. :ols: I think we got plenty of time though.

If the skins were playing and it meant getting to the ES Tailgate, I'd pay it. I heard they pretty much frown on tailgating at the Super Bowl though. We need to start working on this in case the skins ever make it. :ols: I think we got plenty of time though.

Right, but if you just want to tailgate, why not buy a parking pass or ride to the game with friends? Why spend $200 to watch the game on tv?

It wasn't entirely clear whether this was mostly Jerrah or the NFL that hatched this plan. In any case, I can't imagine anybody spending the money for this.

Oh, and since it's Dallas, can't they use some other term besides "grassy knoll" to describe where they will be standing.

Rumor has it that the president may make an appearance in an a convertible while passing by the book depository. Unless you were referring to a different type of grassy knoll. :hump:

I'm trying to think who this would appeal to.

Plenty of people go to the games at Fedex, tailgate, and never enter the stadium. I guess they come in a big group, some have game tickets and some do not, but they all love the tailgate. For those without tickets there's always plenty of tv screens and radios around to follow the game. If the Super Bowl was at Fedex and I didn't have game tickets I could definately see twenty bucks to tailgate at the premises, soak up the atmosphere. $200? Not a chance.

Lot of Super Bowl money is corporate cash, companies treating clients and fat cats and such. Don't think this works for that, somebody woos or rewards me with a ticket to the parking lot I'm wondering if the cheap-ass can spare it. Just save your money.

But yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of yokels with $200 too much who'll be glad to go just to say they did.

Archived