Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Elway thinks Tebow is not a good QB. Do you think Shanny might want him?

rumplestilskin

OMG. Please no. Tebow is terrible.

Better college QBs have been given much less of a chance to succeed as a pro.

Did anyone watch the Senior Bowl last year? Worst QB there by a country mile.

I'd rather watch Rex Grossman seriously.

If Tebow does not work out in Denver, and he will not, he's done.

Disagree on that #98 because when I look at Tebow I see a guy who still has a flawed delivery and has struggled to transition to the pro offense yes he had a good game against Houston but honestly who hasn't? Locker on the other hand has great mechanics throwing the football and has played in a WCO offense before this year where they went to more of a spread look to make up for the weak OL they had.

I haven't seen a lot of Tebow in the pros and I haven't seen a lot of Locker besides the Holiday Bowl and youtube highlight clips. Honestly, between Locker's stats and what I've seen of him, I'm just not sold that he's the right man to spend our #10 overall on. I'm definitely not saying I think we should pursue Tebow or anything, I'm just thinking maybe we're better off trying to pick up someone like Paea in the first, assuming none of the studs like Green or Dareus fall to us.

Jake Locker is such a horrible QB. Probably the worst QB ever with a 1st round grade. Tebow actually had success in college and is having success in the pros so far, but yet people want the guy that couldn't land his team in top 50 ranking. Oh he had a horrible offensive line and horrible WRs...sorry to burst your bubble, but we are the Washington of the NFL.

I saw the documentary on him this week and you would be hard pressed to find a harder worker in the NFL than Tebow.

That being said, I'm not big on him or Jake Locker, but out of the two, I'd rather have Tebow.

See, he gets so much attention that people say things like that. I'm sure there's PLENTY of guys working just as hard. How about a documentary on Philip Daniels or something

Elway responds to report he might be willing to trade Tebow

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/14066/Elway-responds-to-report-he-might-be-willing-to-trade-Tebow/Default.aspx

As we reported earlier, Peter King of NBC reported prior to the start of the Saints-Seahawks game, when he implied that Broncos John Elway might be willing to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to the team that hires Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator.

King reported that Elway doesn't think Tebow is a good quarterback.

Elway responded via Twitter with the following, “To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow … I think he’s a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great quarterback, Tim can. Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false."

I clicked on the link and saw it was written/posted by Mike Florio and he's quoting a parsed quote from Peter King.

Quotes that are parsed, truncated or omit obvious portions alway make me question the intent.

Its probably taken out of context for the purpose of seeming more ominous and negative then Elway intended.

The rest of the quote that we don't get to see probably puts that statement in a better context.

Straight from Elways mouth not a second portion of quote (probably taken out of context or truncated on purpose for effect by Florio)

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/22956/new-leader-elway-talks-harbaugh-and-tebow

We had personnel meetings this morning with everybody -- with the whole staff -- and got through that and obviously we talked a lot about Tim. I have asked everybody if they had a chance to do the deal over that the Broncos did last year to get Tim (whether they would do it again) and they all said, ‘Yes.’ I think that he has been everything that everybody expected him to be as far as a person, a man, a leader, and what everybody heard about him -- his intangibles … I don’t think a coach is going to (not want to coach Tebow), to be dead honest with you. Everyone is aware of what Tim Tebow is about and so I think that there is still a question -- obviously you have guys way over here that say there is no way, you have guys over here that think (otherwise) -- there are really not a lot of guys in the middle, but I think that anybody that comes in here and is going to be around Tim Tebow is going to understand that this guy is something special as a man and a person, willing to work with him to give him that opportunity to be the player that he wants. So, I don’t believe that anyone is going to come over and say, ‘I don’t want Tim Tebow.’ If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job.”
If we were going to take a chance on Locker and he is considered a "mini Tebow" why not just go for the real model.

I liked Tebow last year and Locker is a more mobile, faster right-handed version of Tebow w/ stronger arm and fundamentally sound throwing mechanics.

So re-sign REX and trade for Tebow....anyone remember what happened the last time we had 2 Gators playing QB for us? Maybe REX and Tebow will have better luck than Shane Matthews and Danny Werful(sp?). That said I don't really know how I'd feel if we did get Tebow. I guess time will tell.

Tim Tebow is 100X better than Jake Locker. I have him rated better than anyone in the 2011 draft, not counting Andrew Luck if he declares.

He's a franchise NFL QB and is easily worth any team's #1 pick, including the Skins. I have him rated this high with no consideration for his rushing ability, which is a red herring. Sure, it's great that he can rush, but he stacks up as a franchise NFL QB even as a pocket passer.

I'm amazed that such a high-profile college QB has been misunderstood by so many people, including most NFL scouts.

I liked Tebow last year and Locker is a more mobile, faster right-handed version of Tebow w/ stronger arm and fundamentally sound throwing mechanics.

Well, I wasn't a big fan of picking up Tebow in the draft last year, but you guys are slowly selling me on Locker. Especially if they switched offenses on him this season, where he had most of his success in a WCO.

I'm interested, mostly because I think we might end up with him. It sounds like Gabbert will the first guy taken after that it doesn't seem anyone knows, but Locker seems to be rated from 2-4th of QBs in this draft.

I just hope we don't mess this pick up, especially if it's a QB.

Yup. Can't respect the opinion of a poster that can't even use a player's name. I can't stand that.

For sure!! It would be so nice if there was an actual effort by the fan base to do away with the stupid nametags they use for players.. McFlab, McChoke, Haynesworthless, etc.. Cant stand any of it, and I also move on as soon as I see something like it posted in a thread..

Fair enough but do you think he is worth the 10th pick in the draft? If we could get him later on in the first or even better in the second then I would be more OK with it.

I honestly don't think any QB in this draft is worth the 10th pick.

Oh,...Tebow is not the answer. Just forget it.

Tim Tebow is 100X better than Jake Locker. I have him rated better than anyone in the 2011 draft, not counting Andrew Luck if he declares.

He's a franchise NFL QB and is easily worth any team's #1 pick, including the Skins. I have him rated this high with no consideration for his rushing ability, which is a red herring. Sure, it's great that he can rush, but he stacks up as a franchise NFL QB even as a pocket passer.

I'm amazed that such a high-profile college QB has been misunderstood by so many people, including most NFL scouts.

How many times does your model have to fail before you give up and go back to the drawing board?

Noone outside of McDaniels on the NFL level thinks or thought Tebow will be an NFL QB. His value is in selling jerseys to die-hard college fans, especially those gathering at pro-life rallies. Tebow is McDaniels' Jason Campbell or Dick Vermeils' Tony Banks. McDaniels traded Peyton Hills AND draft picks for Brady Quinn, which should give you a pretty good idea that his evaluation skills, especially in regards to QBs, are s***t.

Noone outside of McDaniels on the NFL level thinks or thought Tebow will be an NFL QB. His value is in selling jerseys to die-hard college fans, especially those gathering at pro-life rallies. Tebow is McDaniels' Jason Campbell or Dick Vermeils' Tony Banks. McDaniels traded Peyton Hills AND draft picks for Brady Quinn, which should give you a pretty good idea that his evaluation skills, especially in regards to QBs, are s***t.

so you called all of your NFL executive friends and checked on that, eh?

I would take Tebow over Locker in a heartbeat. I will eat crow if I am wrong, but Locker looks like garbage to me.

I have to say. This team just can't seem to let a QB learn. We go from McNabb, Grossman and now there is speculation about Tebow? Maybe everyone is forgetting that we spent two draft picks to get Donovan McNabb. If we can't make a decision on him before the 2011 season starts, we owe him 10 million dollars. Personally, I am happy with McNabb learning Kyle's system and would love to see him start again in 2011. But with the way things are going in Washington, it may not happen. As for Tebow, I see the same results as McNabb. We need to let our QB learn the system and rebuild the O-Line.

I have to say. This team just can't seem to let a QB learn. We go from McNabb, Grossman and now there is speculation about Tebow? Maybe everyone is forgetting that we spent two draft picks to get Donovan McNabb. If we can't make a decision on him before the 2011 season starts, we owe him 10 million dollars. Personally, I am happy with McNabb learning Kyle's system and would love to see him start again in 2011. But with the way things are going in Washington, it may not happen. As for Tebow, I see the same results as McNabb. We need to let our QB learn the system and rebuild the O-Line.

The difference is that when McNabb finally learns the system he will have only a few more productive years and yhen its back to the drawing board. I think it doesn't matter who it is but we need to at least try to get a young guy that will be ready to take the reins in a few years. If that means Tebow for a second round pick over Locker with a 10th overall. Sign me up as all in.

How many times does your model have to fail before you give up and go back to the drawing board?

I realize your post is rhetorical, but I'll answer it anyway. The model has been more accurate NFL franchises picking in the first round, and its error rate has been going down as I refine it. Error rate is currently around 20%. My goal is to refine to near perfect reliability, and in that sense it has never left the drawing board.

Save your snotty comments. Since my model came out in 2005, a variety of media have come out with variations on the same theme. Some of those have been written about recently on ES. I suppose you find it impossible that someone not employed by the NFL, by a major media outlet, or by Football Outsiders can come up with a good model sooner, and a better model now. I run a multi-million dollar company and do this in my free time. If you have a substantial argument, I'll answer it in the future. Until then, this is my last response to you.

Archived