Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Elway thinks Tebow is not a good QB. Do you think Shanny might want him?

rumplestilskin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/08/elway-not-a-tebow-fan/

I didn't like him when it was draft time last year because there was too much unknown as to how he would play at the pro level. After watching him play the last three games I got to admit he seems to have the "IT" intangebles. Do you consider him an option in a possible trade with the Broncos as I am sure Shanny and John would be obvious trade partners.

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 02:05 PM ----------

If we were going to take a chance on Locker and he is considered a "mini Tebow" why not just go for the real model.

What??????????? Dude, first he said "not a good qb RIGHT NOW" Which means, Elway can opt to groom him, or like the article said, why wouldn't McDaniels trade for his man?

Terrible article...and this post leads me to believe that the offseason crazies are aive!

What??????????? Dude, first he said "not a good qb RIGHT NOW" Which means, Elway can opt to groom him, or like the article said, why wouldn't McDaniels trade for his man?

Terrible article...and this post leads me to believe that the offseason crazies are aive!

You dont instill confidence in your young QB by throwing him under the bus. I would much rather take Tebow as a groomable QB for a second or third round pick then Locker with the 10th overall pick. Call me crazy but the value is better. What the hell is Aive mean anyways?

You dont instill confidence in your young QB by throwing him under the bus. I would much rather take Tebow as a groomable QB for a second or third round pick then Locker with the 10th overall pick. Call me crazy but the value is better. What the hell is Aive mean anyways?

I'm not calling you crazy but I do think you're wrong.

IMO, Tebow is nowhere near the talent Locker is.

Fair enough but do you think he is worth the 10th pick in the draft? If we could get him later on in the first or even better in the second then I would be more OK with it.

From an actual production standpoint I don't think he's worth the 10th pick.

But from an athletic standpoint I definitely think he's worth it.

In a perfect world, we'd be able to trade down and get him but I doubt we'll be able to do it.

From an actual production standpoint I don't think he's worth the 10th pick.

But from an athletic standpoint I definitely think he's worth it.

In a perfect world, we'd be able to trade down and get him but I doubt we'll be able to it.

Ya I am not a real college buff and dont know Locker like some but from everything I read it seems he is a risk pick that could end up being awsome. Tebow last year was that same guy and he did show in the games he played that he can play this game. That being said if we could get Tebow for a second or third or Locker with a first which would you take? Considering the value of other talent we could get with that first pick if we were to trade it for multiple pick in a trade back scenario.

Ya I am not a real college buff and dont know Locker like some but from everything I read it seems he is a risk pick that could end up being awsome. Tebow last year was that same guy and he did show in the games he played that he can play this game. That being said if we could get Tebow for a second or third or Locker with a first which would you take?

I'd take Locker with a first.

Tim Tebow is not mentally fragile like many quarterbacks. Elway is simply putting a chip on his shoulder and being honest because he knows it's not going to cause Tebow any mental agony. He's probably mentioned that to his face.

I saw the documentary on him this week and you would be hard pressed to find a harder worker in the NFL than Tebow.

That being said, I'm not big on him or Jake Locker, but out of the two, I'd rather have Tebow.

Disagree on that #98 because when I look at Tebow I see a guy who still has a flawed delivery and has struggled to transition to the pro offense yes he had a good game against Houston but honestly who hasn't? Locker on the other hand has great mechanics throwing the football and has played in a WCO offense before this year where they went to more of a spread look to make up for the weak OL they had.

Disagree on that #98 because when I look at Tebow I see a guy who still has a flawed delivery and has struggled to transition to the pro offense yes he had a good game against Houston but honestly who hasn't? Locker on the other hand has great mechanics throwing the football and has played in a WCO offense before this year where they went to more of a spread look to make up for the weak OL they had.

He played well against the Chargers also. Who, bye the way have the number one defense.

204 yds passing 2tds, 98 yds rushing 1 td

He played well against the Chargers also. Who, bye the way have the number one defense.

204 yds passing 2tds, 98 yds rushing 1 td

In terms of YPG then yes San Diego is the #1 Defense but PPG is the real stat to look at and they are #10 in that category.

Also not trying discredit Tebow at all, I just don't see him becoming anything special in the NFL, he'll never be a franchise QB maybe a good QB but never the franchise guy

I didn't see anything that makes me think Elway is wrong. Orton on the other hand is a very good QB. Don't know why the hell Tebow has a chance in starting for the Broncos.

Over 650 yds passing 200 yards rushing, 7tds in 3 games aint bad for a rook in his first three starts. He did get 3 INT. Those are better numbers than McNabb gave us all year.

Archived