Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: Multiple shot including Congress Woman

MrSilverMaC

Paul Krugman.... :doh:

A Democratic Congresswoman has been shot in the head; another dozen were also shot.

We don’t have proof yet that this was political, but the odds are that it was. She’s been the target of violence before. And for those wondering why a Blue Dog Democrat, the kind Republicans might be able to work with, might be a target, the answer is that she’s a Democrat who survived what was otherwise a GOP sweep in Arizona, precisely because the Republicans nominated a Tea Party activist. (Her father says that “the whole Tea Party” was her enemy.) And yes, she was on Sarah Palin’s infamous “crosshairs” list.

Just yesterday, Ezra Klein remarked that opposition to health reform was getting scary. Actually, it’s been scary for quite a while, in a way that already reminded many of us of the climate that preceded the Oklahoma City bombing.

You know that Republicans will yell about the evils of partisanship whenever anyone tries to make a connection between the rhetoric of Beck, Limbaugh, etc. and the violence I fear we’re going to see in the months and years ahead. But violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate. And it’s long past time for the GOP’s leaders to take a stand against the hate-mongers.

Update: I see that Sarah Palin has called the shooting “tragic”. OK, a bit of history: right-wingers went wild over anyone who called 9/11 a tragedy, insisting that it wasn’t a tragedy, it was an atrocity.

A sad day. Bless their souls and their family.

With all the hate and constantly ratcheted up rhetoric this doesn't completely shock me yet it saddens me deeply. We've been giving fuel to those who hate for such a long time that someone crazy was bound to go to far.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this was a political act, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the rhetoric helped tilt someone's needle and helped push them over the edge. They probably thought they were being a hero.

If any one group needs to own this, it's people like me. the mentally ill.

You are way too hard on yourself! It's a special kind of crazy to go this far.

(If it helps, I'm a lil nutz too! LOL)

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 05:44 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Shooter's youtube page

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 04:18 PM ----------

Yeah he is a serious wackjob

Holy crap! He sounds like he definitely needed to be institutionalized.

You are way too hard on yourself! It's a special kind of crazy to go this far.

(If it helps, I'm a lil nutz too! LOL)

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 05:44 PM ----------

Holy crap! He sounds like he definitely needed to be institutionalized.

Thanks, but I really feel this in my soul. This is just all-around horrific.

A heavy dusting of anti-semitism here?

via twitter: "The "Wrong Currency" part of Loughner's 9/11 quote (http://30fram.es/vm) comes from Hitler's concept of Jewish property being "new currency" "

(Giffords is Jewish)

some of the favorite books he listed were both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto. You dont get much more diverse than than I guess.

Which is what people were worried about when the rhetoric shot up, wasn't it? No one said that organized logical people would get violent. They said the crazies would be incited to act.

I really think the only rhetoric he cares about is his own. He seems like an obsessed, egotistical crazy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

There is no evidence that Palin's stupid ad had anything to do with this tragic event, I have watched all of the available youtube videos this bat**** crazy ******* posted and I'm pretty sure he would have done the same thing to any political figure who presented themselves as an easy target. This person has never worn the uniform of this country, in fact he was a MEPs washout (I wonder why). The questions that need answered are how did he get the weapon? If its was provided to him by someone else or left unsecured so that he could get his hands on it, the person or persons responsible should be held accountable. Its really a sad that there are people that want to make this a political issue (both here and in the media) even before any facts come out about motivation... etc, really speaks volumes on where we stand today as a country, its really sad. Lastly for those that want to blame the fact that this piece of **** used a gun to do this, he could have used a car to just as much or more damage. RIP to the fallen and wishing a speedy recovery to the wounded.

There is no evidence that Palin's stupid ad had anything to do with this tragic event, I have watched all of the available youtube videos this bat**** crazy ******* posted and I'm pretty sure he would have done the same thing to any political figure who presented themselves as an easy target. This person has never worn the uniform of this country, in fact he was a MEPs washout (I wonder why).

Yeah, I don't really get where the "Afghan war vet" thing came from.

Maybe Palin took the example of the Daily Kos for her ad, it talks about targeting Blue Dog Dems, stupidity any way you cut it:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/6/25/1204/74882/511/541568

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 05:22 PM ----------

Absolutely horrible, all of this because of politics.

Nope all this because of a nut job with a yet to be determined agenda.

some of the favorite books he listed were both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto. You dont get much more diverse than than I guess.

I have a buck that says he never read either of them.

I think maybe he'd like to have, but most likely was seeking attention.

~Bang

Archived