Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: Multiple shot including Congress Woman

MrSilverMaC

What the hell is wrong with people killing so many innocents over a disagreement in ideaology?

We don't know what the cause was yet. Might not having anything to do with ideology (though chances are it did). Could be a crazy person - even a stalker type thing. We will see. . . ..

And already I see some people (NOT of ES) noting she was on Palin's "crosshairs" list, and others claiming the media is withholding the suspect's name so it must be an illegal alien. Everybody should shut the hell up and say a prayer for those lost and their families.

What the hell is wrong with people killing so many innocents over a disagreement in ideaology?

That seems like a huge assumption, I saw that she was actually failry centric, supported the boarder fence, healthcare reform, etc.

This could just as likely be a lone wolf freakshow, or even a cartel killing, at this point there isnt even a little released evidence to paint it as political

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 02:39 PM ----------

And already I see some people (NOT of ES) noting she was on Palin's "crosshairs" list, and others claiming the media is withholding the suspect's name so it must be an illegal alien. Everybody should shut the hell up and say a prayer for those lost and their families.

++1

"Get on target for victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Take back the 20. Reload."

Nutjobs are nutjobs -- and the left has plenty of them -- but yikes. Hopefully this guy wasn't some crazy Palin fan.

Fox is now saying the same thing that CNN has been. That Congresswoman Gifford is alive,in critical condition,and in surgery. As all of them,(media outlets),are fond of saying,it's a very fluid situation. Time to settle in and wait for statements from law enforcement and such I think.

"Get on target for victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Take back the 20. Reload."

Nutjobs are nutjobs -- and the left has plenty of them -- but yikes. Hopefully this guy wasn't some crazy Palin fan.

Don't retreat, reload. you betcha

Lets hold off on assumptions and simply pray she is going to make it, along with the others.

Time for political battles will be here soon enough, no need to jump to any conclusions that have little to no basis in fact about the gunmans motives.

That seems like a huge assumption, I saw that she was actually failry centric, supported the boarder fence, healthcare reform, etc.

This could just as likely be a lone wolf freakshow, or even a cartel killing, at this point there isnt even a little released evidence to paint it as political

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 02:39 PM ----------

++1

That didn't stop her from being "targeted" by Palin -- after all, even moderate Republicans were targeted, and conservative Blue Dog Democrats voted out en masse in November. It also must be noted that a gun was dropped at one of her rallies.

And look at this image:

GABRIELLE-GIFFORDS-DEAD.jpg

If this person was from the "fringe," many of us have been saying that the rhetoric from the right-wing would have consequences, and that statements describing Democrats and health care reform as a "dire threat" to this nation may cause a reaction stronger than a mere change in Congress.

RIP to all those affected by this terrible event, especially to the Congresswoman (though hopefully she is alive). This is deeply saddening.

Lets hold off on assumptions and simply pray she is going to make it, along with the others.

Time for political battles will be here soon enough, no need to jump to any conclusions that have little to no basis in fact about the gunmans motives.

Not jumping to any assumptions. You're right -- no evidence politically motivated. And like I said, both sides have nutjobs.

But that quote...

That didn't stop her from being "targeted" by Palin -- after all, even moderate Republicans were targeted, and conservative Blue Dog Democrats voted out en masse in November. It also must be noted that a gun was dropped at one of her rallies.

And look at this image:

GABRIELLE-GIFFORDS-DEAD.jpg

If this person was from the "fringe," many of us have been saying that the rhetoric from the right-wing would have consequences, and that statements describing Democrats and health care reform as a "dire threat" to this nation may cause a reaction stronger than a mere change in Congress.

RIP to all those affected by this terrible event, especially to the Congresswoman (though hopefully she is alive). This is deeply saddening.

Please knock it off, its rather classless at this juncture

To the folks pointing fingers of blame: Let's see if we can wait, oh, I don't know, maybe a few hours, before we do that?

I'd prefer that they don't at all no matter how much time goes by. That way we can keep this thread clear for information,(such as it is right now),about the incident as it comes out.

Not jumping to any assumptions. You're right -- no evidence politically motivated. And like I said, both sides have nutjobs.

But that quote...

Is totally out of context

Can't we at least count the bodies and treat the wounded before this crap?

Archived