Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: Multiple shot including Congress Woman

MrSilverMaC

Fox has the Hospital PR person on line. She is saying the Congresswoman is alive and in surgery. She is confirming the head wound. I believe she stated that there are 9 total injured presently in the hospital.

Wishful thinking. Get used to it. Hopefully, the surgery is successful, but the who gets blamed game has only just started.

Well . . . . it should happen. Just not now, because no one knows anything and it not appropriate until things have settled. But after we find out details we should absolutely find out who did it and why, and what caused/lead them to do it. But this thread is not the place for that. This is for information on what has happened.

Well . . . . it should happen. Just not now, because no one knows anything and it not appropriate until things have settled. But after we find out details we should absolutely find out who did it and why, and what caused/lead them to do it.

Absolutely, that would be a appropriate conversation. I just fear an entire movement will be blamed and that's dangerous ( and I fear civil liberties will be under attack even more so than the current state).

Well . . . . it should happen. Just not now, because no one knows anything and it not appropriate until things have settled. But after we find out details we should absolutely find out who did it and why, and what caused/lead them to do it.

Actually, I'm going to go way, way, off in theory-land, here. But I think a logical case could be made tha maybe we, as a society, would be better off if we never found out what the murderer's motive was. Especially if this was what I think of as a "publicity killing".

For one thing, by putting the murderer's manifesto into the news cycle, you're giving every person who has a manifesto, a way to get it published.

For another, in the case of terrorists, (people attempting to alter public actions through violence), publishing their statements is handing them the tool that they want: A tool with which to attempt to change society. (Even if society's reaction to terrorism is to do the opposite of what the terrorist says, you're still permitting the terrorist to manipulate you.)

----------

Now, I'm not certain that I'm as logical as that above argument. I'll admit to wanting to know what the guy claims his motive was.

Just pointing out that finding out his motive, and publicizing it, is a two-edged sword.

Please knock it off, its rather classless at this juncture

I posted some information which pertains to a member of Congress that has just been shot -- and you don't think it's relevant?!

Knock if off? Many of us have been decrying such violent rhetoric for months, and now we want to be "classy" and act as if this may have no connection?

Our first reaction is to be sad. Our second reaction should be, "Now why would this happen?"

I am only going by what we DO know in the months proceeding this shooting . . .

EDIT: I don't want to merely politicize this tragic event, but many of us suspect the shooter was possibly politically motivated. If that is the case, then politics will be dragged into the discussion. Considering the possible context of the violence, that cannot be helped, and questions should be raised.

Are there any details about the actual method of shooting?

That's a lot of people hit,, was it a drive-by with automatic weapons?

Sounds like it, except that they had captured a suspect almost immediately... and apparently are seeking another?

Was this guy on foot?

~Bang

Right now they're saying that it was a gunman on foot who ran in,pointed his gun,and started shooting,(witnesses say he shot from point blank range at the Congresswoman). He was then tackled by bystanders.

Sounds like it, except that they had captured a suspect almost immediately... and apparently are seeking another?

Was this guy on foot?

~Bang

Was this guy on foot?

~Bang

It sounds like the gunman was on foot.

Giffords, who in November narrowly won reelection to a third term, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event when a gunman ran up and began shooting her and others in her entourage with a Glock handgun, according to law enforcement sources.

According to a local news report, Giffords was shot in the head at point-blank range. She was taken to University Medical Center in Tucson, but was reported to have been responsive immediately after the shooting. A hospital spokesperson told CNN that nine people had arrived and that all were in critical or serious condition, including a child.

NPR reported that Giffords was talking to a couple outside of a local Safeway when the suspect ran up and fired indiscriminately from about four feet away. The man, described by witnesses as in his late teens or early 20s, was tackled when he tried to flee the scene. Police confirmed that a young man was in custody in connection with the shooting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/08/AR2011010802422.html?hpid=topnews

Was this guy on foot?

~Bang

Apparently, someone walked up through the crowd, pulled out a gun, and started shooting people. It's rumored a person in the crowd returned fire and hit the gunman, and he was then taken into custody.

Fox has Senator Linda Lopez on right now. She says that she's heard that Congresswoman Gifford has responded to commands and that there is hope she will pull through,but don't know what the long term effects could be. Bullet entered in one side of head,"temple",and out the other side.

Wow.

It's would seem to definitely be a hit ,, whether it's American politics or Mexican drug cartel, who knows.

Either way, I think a lot of ****'s about to hit the big fan.

You guys praying... while you pray for them, pray for us, too.

~Bang

Archived