Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Of the 2011 free agent class. Which one player would you want the redskins to take?

rumplestilskin

If we're going to break the bank (although I'm not sure that we will), I want it to be like this.

Solaia

Kalil

Davin Joseph

"Flashy" FA's that many of our fans will want that I want us to stay away from:

V-Jax

Sproles

D-Will

Asomugha (if he voids his contact)

Mankins

And, if I HAD to pick only one FA, it would be Kalil or Davin Joseph

Yeah, I really think that could be the way things go. Hawk has especially picked up his play this year, I think, and hasn't been the liability in pass coverage he was last year. I have in the past advocated letting him go, but I think I'm pulling for him over Barnett now.

I don't know much about Ingram (I'm assuming this is a first-round mock?) but I think we have positions of more dire need than RB. Remember that we never had a problem with our running game when we had Ryan Grant, so I figure get him healthy and get James Starks back in the swing of things and I think we'll be fine there. I'd prefer we look at a position we're starting to get old at or could use a bit more.

Charles Woodson is getting up there in age so I think we could use another CB in case neither Underwood or Lee step up into the nickel role when Woodson retires.

Another thought would be OLB. We've played quite a few guys opposite Clay Matthews with moderate success, but I don't know how much of that is a result of the system and playing along side folks like Matthews, Jenkins, and Raji. If we can get another true pass-rusher, we could be looking at one monster of a front-seven where you can't focus in too much on any one or even two players.

Also wouldn't mind bringing in an offensive lineman somewhere. Mark Tauscher may not be back from another knee injury and I'm not sure Chad Clifton can keep up his level of play at his age. Sure, we have a couple of tackles I'm confident can start in Bulaga and Lang, but always nice to have some security. Couldn't hurt to have more options on the inside as well.

Overall, I think CB should be our #1 priority simply because that's really the only position where we have an age issue without a youth solution necessarily in line. Shields, I think can be a capable #2 CB with more experience, but I'm worried about the oft-used nickel.

29 years old. Not young, but far from old.

I've heard nothing about Ayers. Where have you heard we'll probably be drafting Ayers, and why would we draft him when we already have 4 ILBs we could field as starters?

Ayers is a OLB that is a good Pass Rusher Opposite Clay Mathews..

we are like 33mil under the cap if deal is made...i'd get mankins for sure

I'm not sure that Mankins fits in our ZBS, but I could be wrong.

But more importantly, if there are multiple good OG's available in FA, why do you get into a bidding war (which will undoubtedly happen) over the biggest name? Use the rest of that cap space to fill in MORE holes with other guys, and actually have room for some secondary FA's for once. The one's that fit into your scheme and look better here than anywhere else...those are the guys you get great value on in FA.

Just thought I would throw this out there:

"Until there is a new collective bargaining agreement -- which almost no one is expecting for months -- there will be no free agency. Teams will not be allowed to shop for new players, players will not be allowed to sign with new teams and any player movement will be shut down.

Until there is a new agreement, there will be no trades. Washington cannot trade Donovan McNabb or Albert Haynesworth; Denver cannot trade Kyle Orton; no trades of existing contracts will be permitted until a new agreement is signed -- whenever that is."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&page=10spot/10wildcard

What happens if the union decertifies?

Ngata and Woodley would make our 3-4 defense legitimate. That being said, both are far too valuable for their teams to allow them to get away. I do like Kalil, but I can't see Carolina breaking up what is a good offensive line, when healthy. They do have an owner looking to get by on the cheap right now. At least one, young interior lineman is needed through Free Agency. The front seven needs immediate help as the the offensive line.

The Ravens arent lettin Ngata go anywhere.But he is a 3-4 DE not NT. Kelly Gregg is their NT. Ngata is basically Albert Hayneswort on the field so why dont we just keep him.

Dont know if anyone posted this but that site has a pretty good mock draft and breakdown off the players in the upcoming draft.

But I would love to get either Woodley or Hali( i was hoping we would draft hali that year). There are a number of good fa's available

The Mock was done the day before Luck said he was staying in school, but other than that its a good mock draft in my opinion

First, Mike Vick. He paid his debt, he's shown he's a good QB, and he grew up watching the Skins. Lets make him the franchise.

Second, Cullen Jenkins or Haloti Ngata. Both can play in the 3-4 (Ngata could be the NT) but could also play in a 4-3 for certain packages

Third, Paul Posluszny. Not as athletic as Rocky, but he's smart and has played MLB before. I think he's look great next to #59

Personally, I'd rather us just sign some essential pieces like the Jets do instead of going for the big splash. It works other places, but here, it just seems like every time we sign a big-name FA, they don't produce as expected or injuries rear their ugly head where they haven't before.

This is the way to go. Signing the big flashy player simply does not work for this team. Plus we have so many needs that we need to spread it around.

I like the Steve Breaston idea, he's a solid WR who can contribute without being too expensive. Relatively young and tall at 27 years 6'1. Has star potential in my opinion, but was injured a lot this year though. Only other relatively "big name" WR I'd go for is Mike Williams, although I'm sure Seattle will keep him. Also like James Jones as a somewhat under the radar wideout. I also have no clue what our QB situation is, and Rex is a free agent. Sign someone like Troy Smith or Brodie Croyle for insurance purposes.

On defense, Ray Edwards in the only high profile DL that interests. Otherwise get some inexpensive contributors. Is Kedric Golston done? I think we need some LB help especially in the 3-4. Is McIntosh done? What about Paul Posluszny? Or Dhani Jones from the Bengals, who won't be coveted that highly. A lot of options out there. In terms of CB just get a young one and coach him up. Eric Wright (Browns) and Paul Oliver (Chargers) are good options who won't be super costly.

The main thing is to not spend ridiculous amounts of money on an overrated veteran. This is obvious to me. If we sign someone like Randy Moss or Owens I'll jump off a mountain.

First, Mike Vick. He paid his debt, he's shown he's a good QB, and he grew up watching the Skins. Lets make him the franchise.

I want nothing to do with Michael Vick.

He's going to get bounced today and he won't win the MVP so all that media bluster to rush to validate him is going to be for naught.

Regardless of anything Steve Young, or Jaworski, or another talking head says to boost their ratings he's only two years removed from being in a federal prison for running an organized criminal operation.

Kudos to him for doing and saying the right things and trying to repair his life but he's proven he's an epic loser off the field.

Plus, he plays the position of QB the way Allen Iverson played PG, sure it's exciting but at the end of the day no matter what they say or TRY to do it's all about him, not the team. That makes it impossible to reach a championship level.

He's perfect for a classless sports town like Philadelphia that jeers paralyzed players.

Not saying we have to pick all of these players just saying who I would pick up from every position.

QB-Billy Volek- He can flat air it out.

RB- Ronnie Brown- Only has 1 1000 yard rushing season but he also spits carries with Ricky Williams

WR- James Jones- A good Big WR

OL- Jamal Brown- If he is healthy he is pretty good.

DT- Draft Chris Neild/Haloti Ngata- I can dream right?

DE-Chris Hoke- Solid

ILB-Stephen Tulloch- Imagine him and Fletcher in th Middle.

OLB-Thomas Davis- Coming of an Injury but has the speed to be miles better than Andre Carter

CB-John Joseph- Really good Corner

FS- Draft Robert Sands

so...what would happen to the draft?

Draft goes on, but from what everyone is now saying you can't trade players, only picks or future picks. No McNabb trade, no Albert trade, etc.

Once the players are drafted they are basically in limbo until a new CBA is worked out.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

We know that Manning will not be available. IMO if I had to pick one that would make the greatest impact one this team it would be Haloti Ngata. He is still in his 20's (28). He is a beast and would solve our problem at the tackle position.

Hail

I have to agree with this. But what would happen to Haynesworth if we ended up putting him at nose tackle? Could Haynesworth, take back his defensive end position?

Can I ask you why in the blue hell do you think philly would even think of letting him go?
The Bills would have to be morons to let Paul go. I like him, but don't see him leaving Buffalo.

I can dream right.

Frankly, I don't think either is possible, but I can dream.

Realistically, I think the two d-linemen are the most likely option.

I want nothing to do with Michael Vick.

He's going to get bounced today and he won't win the MVP so all that media bluster to rush to validate him is going to be for naught.

Regardless of anything Steve Young, or Jaworski, or another talking head says to boost their ratings he's only two years removed from being in a federal prison for running an organized criminal operation.

Kudos to him for doing and saying the right things and trying to repair his life but he's proven he's an epic loser off the field.

Plus, he plays the position of QB the way Allen Iverson played PG, sure it's exciting but at the end of the day no matter what they say or TRY to do it's all about him, not the team. That makes it impossible to reach a championship level.

He's perfect for a classless sports town like Philadelphia that jeers paralyzed players.

Do you know Mike Vick? Have you had some conversation with him that the rest of us have not? How do you know "it's all about him?" Please, give me some examples.

He's shown remorse. He's worked hard and improved his game. He's better than what we have at QB right now (especially if McNabb doesn't come back).

Archived