Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thor FULL Trailer is live!

'Skins_&_'Stons

I'm just always going to be jaded toward comic book movies because directors never see to get them right. They change too much of the storyline, the dialogue usually sucks, and the special effects aren't used as well as they could be. So I'm calling it early that this movie won't be good. I hope I'm wrong, but other than Iron Man 1, both new Batmans, and the newest Hulk, the rest have sucked.

I'm just always going to be jaded toward comic book movies because directors never see to get them right. They change too much of the storyline, the dialogue usually sucks, and the special effects aren't used as well as they could be. So I'm calling it early that this movie won't be good. I hope I'm wrong, but other than Iron Man 1, both new Batmans, and the newest Hulk, the rest have sucked.

You didn't like the Watchmen?

With The Dark Knight being the new standard, this looks like it's going to be pretty lame. I don't see anything here I haven't seen already in Iron Man (minus Robert Downey Jr's slick performance), In fact I don't have any high hopes for this, Captain America, or the Avengers movie which I'm sure will seem as stuffy and rushed as Spiderman 3 did. Another lame Marvel movie.

---------- Post added December-13th-2010 at 02:47 PM ----------

I actually liked a good bit of Watchmen. But it had to go and break my personal rule about liking movies in general. (See / Bravehart, Menace II Society, The Departed)

That's a pretty good clip of the most recent serious major comic book films though.

With The Dark Knight being the new standard, this looks like it's going to be pretty lame. I don't see anything here I haven't seen already in Iron Man (minus Robert Downey Jr's slick performance), In fact I don't have any high hopes for this, Captain America, or the Avengers movie which I'm sure will seem as stuffy and rushed as Spiderman 3 did. Another lame Marvel movie

I don't know. Avengers is being directed by Joss Whedon, and I think if anyone will have a good idea on how to fit all the characters into one film and be able to successfully flesh them out while putting them in a solid plot, it will be him.

I was skeptical before he got the gig, but now I'm in "wait and see" mode, leaning towards thinking fairly positive about it.

---------- Post added December-13th-2010 at 03:09 PM ----------

I really enjoyed The Watchmen.

I think the new Superman film, based off of a Christopher Nolan concept and being directed by Zack Snyder, will be just what that franchise needed.

What about Spiderman 2 and X-Men 2?

Newest Hulk was meh, I thought. I am also skeptical about Thor

• 4 months later...

Can't believe its doing so well on Rotten Tomatoes. I didn't have high hopes for this movie, not sure why. Natalie Portman being in it should have given it some legitimacy, I suppose. Never been a huge Thor fan, but I might become one. :)

I saw it last night. When the trailers came out I didn't think I'd like it, but figured I'd probably see it just because. In recent week I been hearing good things about it, and I was pleasently suprised. I thought it was a good movie. Made in a similar way of Ironman with lots of comedy and such (not as serious like dark knight). I am not a comic book junkie so no idea if it is true to the story but I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.

The movie isn't bad and is entertaining. Having said that it is just another example of how the American movie industry has forgotten how to tell a story. It's similar to the Clash of Titans remake in that it is a series of disjointed action scenes with little to no energy or time put into explaining the motivations of the main characters.

Chris Hemsworth was good as Thor. I wonder what the hell they did to get him that freaking huge for the role. He looked nothing like that in Star Trek (Kirk's Dad in the beginning)

The movie isn't bad and is entertaining. Having said that it is just another example of how the American movie industry has forgotten how to tell a story. It's similar to the Clash of Titans remake in that it is a series of disjointed action scenes with little to no energy or time put into explaining the motivations of the main characters.

Chris Hemsworth was good as Thor. I wonder what the hell they did to get him that freaking huge for the role. He looked nothing like that in Star Trek (Kirk's Dad in the beginning)

They pumped him up with some of that Barry Bond juice.

Wow, that was the same guy? I need a Hollywood nutritionist and personal trainer.

Anyway, saw it last night, not bad. Definitely liked the Ironman and Batman movies better, and I agree that they didn't do a good job of explaining the characters. I mean, seriously, the most information we got about Thor's friends is that they're, well, Thor's friends. Their characters were about as deep as an above-ground kiddie pool.

I'll put it this way:

Dark Knight> Iron Man > Iron Man 2 = Thor> Hulk remake>>> Hulk, Daredevil, probably Green Lantern, any Punisher, Wolverine Origins, and all the other failed super hero movies

And Superman The Movie>Dark Knight. You haven't even seen The Green Lantern and you already says the Dark Knight is better?

Archived