Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Perhaps Overlooked; The Play of NT Anthony Bryant

CRobi21

Bryant has been our best NT since preseason. How long was he really out because of the concussion? Why was he inactive for so many weeks? We still need to add another NT this offseason. We can't pin all of our hopes on Bryant and I'm not sure Kemoeatu will ever recover enough from the achilles injury.

Bryant is in his 4th season...so, i think we've found a young player at NT who'll hopefully get better in the offseason and compete to be the starter next year.

He'll be 30 this year.

He's a keeper for next year. Of course, Skins will need another NT. Holliday did fine today at DE but I'd rather have some more young DEs like Carriker for the 3:4. Skins have too many converted 4:3 DTs on the roster - - time to let them go back to their natural positions on other teams.

He was a great player in College. The knock on him was his inability to keep his weight in check. In the 3-4 it doesnt matter how fat he is. The bigger the better.

He's listed at 6'3", 376 pounds. He could stand to drop 20 to 25 pounds. That would improve his stamina and lateral "quickness," and at 350 he would still be able to occupy centers and guards and clog the middle.

Makes you wonder how things would've gone if he'd been able to start at NT all year. How the inability of Kemoeatu or anyone else to even be adequate at NT forced Haynesworth in there, and the chain of events that followed after that is well documented. Maybe it would've been the same though, I guess we'll never know.

He's a keeper for next year. Of course, Skins will need another NT. Holliday did fine today at DE but I'd rather have some more young DEs like Carriker for the 3:4. Skins have too many converted 4:3 DTs on the roster - - time to let them go back to their natural positions on other teams.

Did Jarmon even play... :mad::mad:

Jarmon played a lot. He got some good pressure along with the rest of our defense. He's a guy I would like to see starting opposite Carriker next season.

I forgot about Jarmon. Between him, Bryant, and Carriker I think we have a "below-average to average" 3-4 DL. If we can upgrade one or two of those starting positions while keeping the incumbents as depth, I think we'll be in decent shape on the DL.

Jarmon played a lot. He got some good pressure along with the rest of our defense. He's a guy I would like to see starting opposite Carriker next season.:look:

:jump::drool::fingersx::excited::whew:

---------- Post added January-3rd-2011 at 02:15 PM ----------

He would make a quality backup at the DE position next year

Back-up to who? Holliday? Daniels?

Bring on the youth movement and start the man.

Use the draft pick that you would otherwise use for DE on an OL.....

Archived