Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Sally Jenkins; The Redskins couldn't make Albert Haynesworth care.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

To me it's plainly obvious that we can't cut the guy because of his massive contract. So let that be a lesson to the front office for future negotiations: No matter how good a player is, DO NOT tender a contract that leaves the team with no recourse but to put up with this BS!

Yeah, THIS TIME Dan is gonna learn something.

I just wish he woulda learned something after signing:

Jeff George

Adam Archulletta

Dana Stubblefield

Brandon Lloyd

Bruce Smith

Randle El

Lavern Coles

Jeremiah Trotter

Deion Sanders

Mark Brunell.

Yup, the Haynesworth signing did it. Danny's all schooled up now. :ols:

Yeah, THIS TIME Dan is gonna learn something.

I just wish he woulda learned something after signing:

Jeff George

Adam Archulletta

Dana Stubblefield

Brandon Lloyd

Bruce Smith

Randle El

Lavern Coles

Jeremiah Trotter

Deion Sanders

Mark Brunell.

Yup, the Haynesworth signing did it. Danny's all schooled up now. :ols:

Look at BLloyd now. It was our anemic offense and inability to ever give him looks that ruined his days here. But he had still.

And Mark got us to the playoffs in '05.

Coles was a solidp layer.

Look at BLloyd now. It was our anemic offense and inability to ever give him looks that ruined his days here. But he had still.

And Mark got us to the playoffs in '05.

Coles was a solidp layer.

Some players just need to grow and get better, Lloyd did not set the world on fire as soon as he took off a Redskins uniform. it took a couple years of focus, hard work and becoming a better football player, He appeared more concerned with his rap career when he was here.

Albert Haynesworth complained about the schemes last year:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/25/AR2009122501780.html

"I can not survive another season in this system if it stays the way it is," Haynesworth said late Friday afternoon. He was later sent home from practice]

Bottom line, you could'nt please this guy. It was like talking to a brick wall.

Albert Haynesworth complained about the schemes last year:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/25/AR2009122501780.html

"I can not survive another season in this system if it stays the way it is," Haynesworth said late Friday afternoon. He was later sent home from practice]

Bottom line, you could'nt please this guy. It was like talking to a brick wall.

oh, he definitely created "havoc" alright. :ols:

---------- Post added December-8th-2010 at 01:24 PM ----------

Haynesworth acknowledged he was "about 20 minutes late getting to the meeting. I was late. I'll pay the fine. The thing that doesn't make any sense to me, they're talking about disciplinary action because I was 20 minutes late? I'm not going to throw anybody under the bus, but I've seen guys two hours late, show up right before practice on a normal day, and they get to do everything and [the coaches] just respond with, 'Whatever.' This is like the second time I've ever been late. In the preseason, I fell asleep and was like a couple of minutes late for a meeting. This is the second time I've ever been late for a meeting and I get sent home."

If this quote from that article from last year, doesn't tell you all you need to know about Haynesworth I don't know what will.

So much for that annoying "Shanny's ego got in the way" crap we always hear. :rolleyes:

I, for one, would be glad to NEVER hear it again. It seems there is always some negative one-liner that just catches fire on ES and anyone who wants to whine or complain about anything can just throw that out there in an attempt to seem knowledgeable.

Look at BLloyd now. It was our anemic offense and inability to ever give him looks that ruined his days here.

No, it was his lack of motivation because he was given a huge deal before ever playing a single down for us that ruined his days here.

Real simple... players are better when they are motivated. Free agents come to Washington because they want big contracts, not because they want to win. How many big name players took less money to go to New England played hard because they either wanted to resurrect their career or win a championship?

Or failing a conditioning test because he didn't take a poop before he went out there.

I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever excused myself from an important business function of mine because i needed to go twosies.

Say, speaking of ... maybe Sally's been right all along, and we have just been so conditioned to dookie that we didn't want to hear it.

~Bang

Nah, she would exaggerate way too much and couldn't help herself with the hyperbole as most journalists do. I remember how hard she was on Gibbs 2.0... just going overboard. She did a complete 180 when we hired Zorn. I mean, she was all about Zorn even after he started failing, when it was becoming clear he simply couldn't adapt his scheme once defense's caught on. That had nothing to do with Vinny's poor personnel management, yet Zorn got almost no blame from her.

That being said, she's absolutely spot on here and she has been a few other times. Maybe it's more that she realizes she was being way too negative before? For instance, we've been a mediocre team more than anything the past decade, yet she would write about us as being on of the worst team in the league. Sure, it's one thing when irrational fans who are just being emotional say that, but you can't keep acting like a perennial 8-8 team is somehow worse than average. It, by the very definition, is just average and not awful.

Haynesworth has some psychological issues and probably should not continue playing professional football.
I have always believed that, but I rarely ever see it mentioned anywhere.

If Haynesworth still has loved ones, I really believe that they should get him some professional help. And I don't mean a new agent.

If Albert really does have psychological issues-and I believe he does-then he could be in for a very difficult period in his life. Take the loss of his job-add on the loss of his brother and the loss of respect of teammate's, the media, the fans and an entire region-then mix alcohol-into it-and he could be facing some very serious issues. I hope those who love him will intervene.

I challenge all of you to watch what happens with Haynesworth from here on out with his career. He will never play on a championship team.

That's it! I wish you would fly 'AH will never play on a championship team' on a banner over Comcast; especially when Brian Mitchell is there. Who by the way isn't qualified to judge MS' handling of this issue since he's never coached. Teams were already taking advantage of his free lancing by letting him come up field and then running to his gap! And they were killing us with that.

You can't win with selfish people. Shannahan is sending a message to future free agents. You may be well paid if you come here. But you are damn sure expected to work hard and buy in to what they're doing. And MS has been consistent across the board. Even with Donovan McNabb. So it's not that he's trying to single one player out. He's showing everyone what they can expect here.

In fairness' date=' when I have a turtle poking out, there are few things more important at that moment.....[/quote']
....so you were "prairie dogging" it the whole time during the meeting? come on man....:ols: :doh:

Well now you boys should have taken care of that before you left the house. :nono:

Don't make me stop this car!

~Bang

AH figured he could cash in with the Redskins like other players in the past. He has in a way, but he's got a ton of push back from the coaching staff, fans, media, and teammates. Cut or traded, he'll be on an NFL roster next year--if he wants to play. It's a shame that the skins couldn't motivate him to play but its also a shame that he had to be motivated.

No, it was his lack of motivation because he was given a huge deal before ever playing a single down for us that ruined his days here.

Real simple... players are better when they are motivated. Free agents come to Washington because they want big contracts, not because they want to win. How many big name players took less money to go to New England played hard because they either wanted to resurrect their career or win a championship?

Pretty much it. Why should Haynesworth play? He's already got the money. Based on his life, Haynesworth doesn't have a lot of pride, just delusions of grandeur.

Archived