Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most hated former Redskin? (Multiple Choice Poll Added)

bishtw

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Vinny should be added to the poll, the guy was a complete moron and has set this team back years.

If Vinny was on the poll there would be no need for a poll. Maybe I should have titled the thread "Who is the most hated former Redskin NOT NAMED VINNY" lol

Heck you didn't even list the guy that would probably win running away. Ever hear of Norv Turner?

---------- Post added December-3rd-2010 at 06:05 PM ----------

If Vinny was on the poll there would be no need for a poll. Maybe I should have titled the thread "Who is the most hated former Redskin NOT NAMED VINNY" lol

Well then why did you leave off Norv Turner and Steve Spurrier? Either of those two would be more hated that any player you listed.

Who could hate Lloyd? The guy was good before we got him, we nearly ruined his career because we wouldn't put him in a position to do what he does best.

Now he has a team that will allow him to do just that, and he's AMAZING.

I think it's great that he's showing the people that say "trust the coaching staff blindly" that sometimes coach doesn't know what's best. I think of it as a lesson learned rather than hate on Lloyd. He tried hard when he was here, our "system" just wasn't going to work with him.

Heck you didn't even list the guy that would probably win running away. Ever hear of Norv Turner?

People didn't hate Norv because of how he left or anything he said about the organization. By that criteria, Brunell and Campbell would be included on the list.

Besides, its not like any coaches we've had in the decade since Norv left have done much better.

I voted Pierce because he left town after we made him and had the balls to talk ish about the redskins organization, I get his reasoning and part of me appreciated hearing his insight into our dysfunctional front office but imo players who leave town like that should stfu out of respect to the fanbase.

To me no contest, Pierce. He never hid from badmouthing the Redskins whether deserved or not. If not for the Redskins, Antonio would be bagging groceries. Stubblefield is probably next just because I was so high on him when he came here and he was a fat slob

Anyone who would hate B Mitch or Jansen woukld need help

Pierce had every right to be pissed. He worked his ass off for 4 years and was our most productive linebacker. How was he rewarded? He got a joke of an offer (if he even got one). The Skins D under Greg Williams that season was dominant and Pierce was a key component.

"For four years they had stability with Joe Gibbs. Now it's back to the hoopla," he said. "I loved the players over there. I had a lot of respect for Gregg Williams. A lot of people I know still have connections over there. I like them. But the front office, I have little to say anything good about."

Hard to disagree with what he says.

Pierce had every right to be pissed. He worked his ass off for 4 years and was our most productive linebacker. How was he rewarded? He got a joke of an offer (if he even got one). The Skins D under Greg Williams that season was dominant and Pierce was a key component.

"For four years they had stability with Joe Gibbs. Now it's back to the hoopla," he said. "I loved the players over there. I had a lot of respect for Gregg Williams. A lot of people I know still have connections over there. I like them. But the front office, I have little to say anything good about."

Hard to disagree with what he says.

I concur. Pierce was a good Redskin. He left because the Skins decided they did not want him, not the other way around. When he left, he just told the truth about this teams front office. From what I have heard, unless I am mistaken, he never bad mouthed the players or the coaches.

I chose Dana Stubblefield. He came to the Skins for a paycheck, but was a true 49er all the way, and was openly brazen about it also.

It's a toss up between PeeOn and Jeff George. I hate them both so much I coulndn't possibly pick one.

What did Matt Stevens ever do to make anyone hate him?

I've always just had an irrational hatred for him. In my opinion, and I'm sure video evidence would prove me wrong, he only made positive plays (INTs) on passes that landed right in his hands. Every other play he made was a negative play and he got burned a lot. Like I said...it's irrational.

For me, LaVar, by a country mile.

That A1 D/Bag could even teach Haynesworth a thing or two about being a narcissistic **** extraodinaire. A man with ALL the talent going, who should of been one of the greatest players this franchise, indeed the game, has ever seen. But one who has a SERIOUS problem with authority. "Screw this game plan B/S, I'm LaVar Arrington and I'm going to do it MY way, regardless of my teammates I'm affecting."

His cowardly, unfounded, slating of a great MAN, let alone Redskin, in Coach Gibbs should of been enough for every Redskin to turn their back on him. Coach' silence in not responded spoke VOLUMES about the difference between the two. Now he's back in town downing this organization every chance he gets in print or on air.

Horrible, horrible person.

Hail.

*Edit* I dislike "There ain't no I in team, but there SURE as Hell is in Deion" Sanders with a passion. But I'd take him ANY day of the week over LaVar. That's how much disrespect I have for him.

Jeff George and Deion were poor as Redskins.

But both left 10 years ago.

Recently, the 'most hated' tag goes to Jon Jansen.

Here is a guy that when he left the Redskins said the team didn't know what it was doing and that he was still a starting caliber OT in the NFL and would prove it to everyone.

So, he went to Detroit and became a backup, a guy carrying a hand towel cheering on his teammates who were on the field.

After being paid millions of dollars in Washington over 10 years, instead of leaving gracefully, he had to poke everyone in the eye on the way out.

But he ended up thanking Detroit for the opportunity to play there in 2009.

What a POS.

Recently, the 'most hated' tag goes to Jon Jansen....... What a POS.

People were killing me for even mentioning him in this thread early on, I knew there was a few of you out there. I will say the actions after he left gave me reason to pause but the 10 years he played his guts out here far out way his actions after he left because he may have thought he was mistreated when he was cut, but I can see your POV too.

I just don't understand how you can blame Sanders and George. They were just taking advantage of Snyder's idiocy. If Dan Snyder had offered me $10 million to sign with the Skins in 2000, I would have done it too. Those two were symptoms of terrible management and ownership, not causes. I feel the same way about Pierce - he has a RIGHT to be bitter at the way he was treated. "Hey, you are one of the best young players on our team, and one of our few draft successes. We don't need you, it's the system, we'll just replace you with some crappy free agent."

Again, a symptom of a much larger problem. It's hard to hold a grudge against a guy who WANTED to stay here.

On your list, Cerrato is the definitive choice.

Deion signed with the Redskins & then had the longest case of turf toe ever. He got paided & then refused to play & he will say that the Redskins should still be paying him. I can't really hate players that tried & just didn't have what it took. But Deion was just a bum & refused to do the job he was paided to do. Jeff George was just a prick or at least came across as one.

I'd say Sean Gilbert was great for our franchise. He netted us 2 first round draft picks.

What kills me about LaVar is that he somehow thinks he's beloved by the fanbase. LaVar's wonderlick score shines through every afternoon on 106.7 the fan

Yes, one of which we traded to New Orleans so they could grab RIcky Williams and let Champ Bailey fall to us... the other we used to help get Chris Samuels and LaVar. Everything looked so promising 10 years ago... what happened?? Vinny Cerrato

---------- Post added December-3rd-2010 at 05:55 PM ----------

Can Vinny Cerrato be an option?

Can we also add Shar Pourdanesh?

Start running the names of all the crappy kickers of the recent past through your head. They have by far cost the Redskins more that any of the choices!

I would have chosen the following in this order ahead of all others if they were an option: 1. Spurrier, 2.Vinny 3.Norvulous.

And what about OT Andre Johnson?

None of these guys even register. Arrington was one of the best Skins players during that period, and then played about 5 games wit hthe Giants . Pierce had no choice - Redskins management was borderline retarded in thinking they didn't need him. Jensen was cut, what was he supposed to do? Champ wanted to leave, it happens, good for him. Not his fault management was so stupid they decided they should bundle a top draft pick with him for Portis. I don't have any animosity at all toward any of these guys, or really any other Skins players I can think of - though # 92 might be a good candidate going forward.

The only correct answer is: Snyder. I know he's not a player but I'm sure he tops more Skins fans' hate list than anyone else connected with the team.

Nailed it. This for me too. I would love to hate a player but none come to mind. There were times when I hated Antonio Pierce because he never missed a chance to bash us on and off the field but I really think he did that out of anger he had for the way the organization (Snyder) treated him. There are times when off the field crap with Portis or Arrington or John Riggins or Joe Thiesman have made me really mad but I don't have any hate for them either. And as for current Redskins go you I still feel pissed off about how we handled Albert Hanyesworth but that's not going to last long because he is just the latest in the long line of people who seem to have problems with this organization.

And when you look up at head coaches like Spurrier and Jim Zorn now real feeling starts of come out. But going even further up and looking at the damage that complete moron wannabe GM who ruined this team it's almost white hot but I can't be mad at men doing jobs they were not cut out to do. It's not their faults they suck. Thinking about this question has all made me realize that if your going to blame someone then you take it straight to the top because this has all happened under Snyders watch. This crap would never have happened under Jack Kent Cooke's leadership. Snyder is the owner, the person hiring these men to lead the team, signing these players to play this game but he doesn't know football and lacks the patience to see plans through. He is the guy that I have the most heartburn for.

Once a Redskin, always a Redskin, regardless of whether a fan hates that person or not. Even a family member or members may disown another member of a family, but that doesn't mean that person is not a member of the family.

Fans, on the other hand, come and go. It is this transient community that draws on hatred of players from the team they are/were fans of. Too bad; so sad.

I prefer to channel my hatred towards the deserving: the Dallas Cowboys.

Has to be Antonio Pierce above all others, because he was actually relevant after he left, but was also the most vocal against the team.
Can't blame him. He was right and pretty much said what everyone else though. Pierce just couldn't get over the fact that the team refuse to sign him....so his tirade eventually got annoying but I'm not going to hold that against him.

Once a Redskin, always a Redskin, regardless of whether a fan hates that person or not. Even a family member or members may disown another member of a family, but that doesn't mean that person is not a member of the family.

Fans, on the other hand, come and go. It is this transient community that draws on hatred of players from the team they are/were fans of. Too bad; so sad.

I prefer to channel my hatred towards the deserving: the Dallas Cowboys.

You've gotten that one a little skewed Mike, no disrespect.

Player's, coaches, owners, the full shindig come and go. It's the fans that are the one constant. We'll be here LONG after the vast majority of players have long forgotten about this ball club. Don't get me wrong, particularly from the pre-free agency days we have some real loyal players who genuinely love the place; but they pale in comparison to the fans of this ball club.. Without whom there is NO ball club, and subsequently no players like this to discuss.

Hail.

Archived