Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most hated former Redskin? (Multiple Choice Poll Added)

bishtw

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm a little surprised Joey T. isnt on the list. Lots of folks dont like him for one reason or another.

Count me amongst the number of disliking Theismann. He was a decent pro QB, nothing overly special; but he portrays himself as some sort of superstar due to the fact he was under center when we won our first Lombardi. If truth be told he had two real good season's, '83 and '84, on some real good teams (the second of which is by far and away the best team never to win it all. Outstanding up to that faitfull day in Tampa against the Raiders and Marcus fricking Allen); and a whole bunch of distinctly average ones.

And since he's finished playing, he's turned into one of the biggest flakes around, who's opinion is generally formed through whomever he's had lunch with that day and what their opinion is. I hate if he's in the booth for a game.

I put Joe in the Riggo category. I respect what he did for the franchise, but I've little respect left for the man.

The problem with this thread, and the same goes for the question about Doug Williams who is so lorded for so little, is you may dislike these guys for their attitude; the way their achievements are blown out of all proportion whatever; but it's hard to say you hate them. Hate is a real strong word.

A1 dicks like LaVar and Deion on the other hand .....

Hail.

The problem with this thread............ is you may dislike these guys for their attitude; the way their achievements are blown out of all proportion whatever; but it's hard to say you hate them. Hate is a real strong word..

This is by thought too. When I started this thread I didn't even consider people like Riggo, Joey, B-Mitch, D.Williams and the like. I wouldnt have even thought to include B-Mitch, B Lloyd, and AA if not for suggestions. Hate is a very strong word indeed. Deion was a Cowboy, took the money and quit, talked **** on the way out, and hurt out cap for years after he was gone. Thats a good reason to hate a football player. Because a guy is arrogant, a smuck and has a inflated perception of themselves after they won a Super Bowl (2 off them SB MVP) is not even close to a good reason to "Hate" IMHO.

I agree with the post that Jansen is out of place here. He played well while he was here, sacrificed a lot while playing hurt.

He disagreed with the circumstances of his release, and made some regrettable comments on his way out.

It shouldn't obscure the fact that he had a long and admirable career here as one of the "character guys".

You show me a pro athlete who agrees with his release, and I'll show you a pro athlete who doesn't have any pride....

I will now return to my "almost ever post" status.

I don't really feel sorry for Jansen. The Redskins paid him top money for the last 3 years of his stay in Washington during which time he was rarely in the lineup and when he was he was largely ineffective. Then the team cuts him when HE and THE TEAM both know he is done but he goes to Detroit and makes it seems as if spending a year there as a backup shows up the Redskins? :laugh:

This guy is like Brett Favre in that respect - the team is all about him. He is fine with the team deciding the future of OTHER players and their comings and goings - ie, 'that's business'.

But when it happens to him a few years later, well, THAT is personal.

He left town just as Favre left Green Bay, but unlike Favre he didn't have an Act II somewhere else.

It's also something between him and the coaches/FO. The fans are totally out of the equation, so it makes no sense to hate him for that. Every damn fan here has criticized Dan Snyder, but then when someone else criticizes him it's "personal" and they are offended. Your argument against Jansen refutes itself because it applies to you as well.

That turncoat, Babe Laufenberg. (Fittingly, he was named the 3rd worst football player of all time by Sports Illustrated writer Jeff Pearlman.)

Because he now works for the Cowboys? (Total aside, but that's one of the best radio broadcasting teams going, Brad Sham's the perfect play-by-play caller, totally unbiased, and the girl that has the sideline gig get's great info too. And no, I don't listen to girls games before you jump. That's a by-product of being engaged to a Texan and Oklahoma local coverage of Cowboys games taking the radio broadcast along the TV pics.). Or am I missing something else?

Did Laufenberg ever get any rings out of interest? Trying to remember if he was our third QB in '87, or if he was with Dallas through any of their '90's dynasty.

Hail.

i don't get the deion hate

it seems a lot of people are on the list mostly for reasons that ownership overpaid them or they didn't fit in with coaching, can't really blame them for that.

I don't know I don't really hate redskins players even if they turn out alright somewhere else.

I kinda disliked Mark Brunell, but i mean it's not really his fault for starting at QB for us past his prime

No more calls please, we have a winner

deion sanders, the most overrated nothing i have ever seen in 41 yrs of watching football. sure he was fast,,but the only way he made a tackle is if he couldnt get out of the ball carriers way fast enought and the guy tripped over him. to me if you're not a complete player then you should just be in in certain situtations,,like running back kicks,swipe at bmitch there

In a few months, I would say Haynesworth, but the truth is he was never really "on" the team.

Yes I know he is still technically on the team, but that's just logistics. Mentally, this guy was never really a Redskin. He pretty much said so, with his still a "titan at heart" comment, despite the fact the Redskins made him comfortable for the rest of his life.

Archived