Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most hated former Redskin? (Multiple Choice Poll Added)

bishtw

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't really feel sorry for Jansen. The Redskins paid him top money for the last 3 years of his stay in Washington during which time he was rarely in the lineup and when he was he was largely ineffective. Then the team cuts him when HE and THE TEAM both know he is done but he goes to Detroit and makes it seems as if spending a year there as a backup shows up the Redskins? :laugh:

This guy is like Brett Favre in that respect - the team is all about him. He is fine with the team deciding the future of OTHER players and their comings and goings - ie, 'that's business'.

But when it happens to him a few years later, well, THAT is personal.

He left town just as Favre left Green Bay, but unlike Favre he didn't have an Act II somewhere else.

EDIT: Added a poll using names suggested in thread, you can select more then one, due to the many responses of players that have been here less then 3 years I included them as well. I did not include Snyder, SS, or Vinny because they were not players.

After watching the Cavs/Heat NBA game last night and the outright hate from the fans towards LeBron, one guy even threw a battery at him, chats of "Akron hates you", had me wondering who is the most hated former Redskin?

After this thread gets enough suggestions I might add a poll.

Here are a few I can think of that some may hate,

Antonio Perice (ran his mouth afterwards, went to a rival)

Lavar (returned millions to sign with a rival)

Champ (wanted to leave the Skins)

J.Jansen (some are upset he didn't retire as a Skin)

Who is your most hated former Skin?

Riggens should be on that list.

Riggens should be on that list.

Riggo certainly has blasted this organization of late and some of his comments have hit a raw nerve, but 70 Chip on 4th and 1 probably keeps him off the list. There were a number of others who were pains in the butt and were here during less-than-stellar times for the franchise.

Riggo certainly has blasted this organization of late and some of his comments have hit a raw nerve, but 70 Chip on 4th and 1 probably keeps him off the list. There were a number of others who were pains in the butt and were here during less-than-stellar times for the franchise.

That is arguable the greatest play in Redskins history. I, for the life of me, can't see how a Redskin fan could say Riggo is the most hated former Skin.

I voted Pierce, but Riggins and Doug WIlliams are the Redskins I hate most.

The inflated image that many fans have of Riggins leaves me mind-boggled. The guy averaged over 4 yards per carry only twice, despite being behind the greatest offensive line in history. Him being overrated isn't what makes me hate him, it's the fact that he overrates himself. He constantly bashes the best running-back we've ever had, yet can't see what a pedestrian player he was.

As for Williams, anybody who thinks he was a good player is racially biased. The pandering that comes from him being the first black QB to win the Super Bowl is sickening. Williams is the worst QB to win a Super Bowl and was a bad QB in general.

Hell, Deon and M. Irvin come on I imediately turn the channel. I can't stand a male Diva that cares more about his suits and Mirror Set that Irvin bought him last Christmas than comprehensive football analysis unless its a comparision to him.

I just don't understand how you can blame Sanders and George. They were just taking advantage of Snyder's idiocy. If Dan Snyder had offered me $10 million to sign with the Skins in 2000, I would have done it too. Those two were symptoms of terrible management and ownership, not causes. I feel the same way about Pierce - he has a RIGHT to be bitter at the way he was treated. "Hey, you are one of the best young players on our team, and one of our few draft successes. We don't need you, it's the system, we'll just replace you with some crappy free agent."

Again, a symptom of a much larger problem. It's hard to hold a grudge against a guy who WANTED to stay here.

On your list, Cerrato is the definitive choice.

AP was an undrafted success

Pierce was a jerk after he left, Champ a malcontent was one of my favorite players...but Deion takes the cake for me..he took a lot of money and earned none of it..he didn't play for us at all. Just hammed it up when Dallas was in town and gave zero effort.

and crazylevi, it's not the fact of going where the money/big pay was if an owner was dumb enough to pay that much..but at least play hard and give a damn..and earn some of it. Deion did zero. just collected a check and didn't bother.

Ditto!!!!, basically all these guys got either "da deal" or "the deal" from lousy management and bad or horrid personnel decision makers. After the remake of the over the hill gang in 99 you'd of thought someone up there had learned something. The only that happened was Snyder padded those guys retirement funds. Not once could you say that any of those guys were just in decline. By the time we got them all of their careers were over. Eleven years later and here we are still trying to figure it out. Man I love this team!!!!!!

The inflated image that many fans have of Riggins leaves me mind-boggled. The guy averaged over 4 yards per carry only twice, despite being behind the greatest offensive line in history. Him being overrated isn't what makes me hate him, it's the fact that he overrates himself. He constantly bashes the best running-back we've ever had, yet can't see what a pedestrian player he was.

As for Williams, anybody who thinks he was a good player is racially biased. The pandering that comes from him being the first black QB to win the Super Bowl is sickening. Williams is the worst QB to win a Super Bowl and was a bad QB in general.

Man I like your passion.

I agree that Riggins, as a former Redskin (has bashed this team and certain players since 1986), is pretty bad and deserves scorn.

As for DW, while I dont hate him, I do agree that his place in Redskins history is mostly due to race. Now given our own history on integration I am thrilled that we have a positive historical racial milestone in our legacy. But I do agree that it is aggravating to see people try and put Doug Williams on the list of best Redskin QBs of all time. In terms of what he actually did for this team and the length of his playing time, he is a slight notch above Timmy Smith and yet nobody puts Timmy Smith on any all time best running back list b

Say what you want to, Doug Williams on the greatest stage of sports performed at a superhuman level bad back and all. I don't care how average or sub par he was in the majority of his career, on that day he was one of the best that ever did it! Play that race card crap if you want to..doesn't take anything away from that man's merit on that day and stage. He didn't simply manage a game, or not make mistakes, he was MVP against a John Elway team.

A Quarterback often either gets too much credit or too much blame. Doug was not a great QB overall, but he was on that day when it mattered most. So if he sucked so much, do the Redskins win that Superbowl without him as the QB? doubt it. Joe Gibbs believed in him to command his team at the Super Bowl, that's enough.

You forgot Brian Mitchell.

The venom he spewed about the team is one thing, but to then turn on the fanbase on the way out and go to Philly?? And then proceeds to claim Philly as home and trash the Skins on the local stations up there every chance he got....

The hate for Lavar is pretty strong too. He never once took responsibility for his play. It was always someone else's fault.

Peon and Jeff George are at the top of the list for me. To me, they were the biggest reason for the failure of the 2000 season. They just absolutely killed the team chemistry, especially George.

I don't get the Jon Jansen and Doug Williams hate. Jansen was a rock for most of his time here. When his skills deteriorated, he was cut. Of course he wasn't happy, who would be. And he didn't do anything with the Lions that no other ex-player would have done. Do you not think McNabb didn't give up "secrets" on the Eagles?

As for Williams, everyone knows he wasn't great. But he had the most unbelievable quarter in NFL history. He deserves all the credit in the world for that. Yes, he did little before that and next to nothing after that for the Skins. But he was also an aging veteran. I understand the argument about him being overrated by many, but he did nothing to earn the hate some give him.

Yes, every player that is cut regrets the act. But Jansen has continued to carry a grudge against the team that drafted him and paid him oodles of money over 10 years, while he maintains a place in his heart for a 1-15 team he played for in his final season that sat him on the bench? :)

Give me a break. Why doesn't he go back and appear on the Lions' postgame show if he is that tied in to the Detroit market.

I am sick and tired of guys that rip the club on the way out the door with their pockets overflowing with money and then expect an apology from US on their return.

Archived