Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does it all come down to race with ESPN reporter Jemele Hill?

Dallascrushers

There are fewer black QBs in the NFL than white ones. White QBs get benched just as often as blacks, but since there are more whites, it's not as magnified as it is when the black QBs struggle. See, just this year, the Panthers benched Matt Moore AND Jimmy Clausen...both white. The 49ers benched Alex Smith....white Trent Edwards in Buffalo got benched....white. See, that's 4 white QBs off the top of my head. And I know there's more.

Ok. I'll bite.

Why are there fewer black QBs in the NFL, but not fewer black players at other positions?

Wheeeee! :silly:

Why focus on the black quarterbacks who've had trouble when there are so many examples of white quarterbacks experiencing the same thing? Was Joe Gibbs racist when he benched Ramsey after 1 game? I guess he wouldn't have benched if Mark Brunell were black. And Brunell wouldn't have lasted as long as he did if he were black.

Me - Ponder sucks, Newton is better

ES Member - Explain to me how Newton is better than Ponder

Me - (post stats to justify my argument)

ES Member - (slightly changing subject) Look Newton is catching passes...his future position in the NFL

And whats up with all this Vince Young suck chatter lately. What is Jeff Fisher record without Young since Tennessee drafted him???

That is actually kind of true (because the weather lets high schoolers play year round in Florida, Texas and California, but not in Michigan or Ohio or Illinois.) That's not a racial thing at all.

and all of the things that ms. hill has to put out there before she goes on her rant,(all of the things she says she's not going to ignore but then does ignore them) proves that this isn't a racial issue at all.

I guess my comment what somewhat un-noticed.

For being racists football fans must certainly enjoy watching a sport that has a lot of black players.

Those Philadelphia fans never warmed up to Brian Dawkins either... and they hate LeSean McCoy as well.... those racists.

Oh hell, forget I said anything. I don't want to be in the position of defending this article. That was not my purpose.

I just find it a bit naiive for people to think that there are no race issues in sports anymore, period. That's all.

That's not the point. It's just as absurd to assume that every issue is about race. I'd like to think we've progressed a bit since the pre Civil Rights era.

In the 14 seasons since the Tenessee Titans moved from Houston, they've had a black starting QB for 13 of them, and this is an organization that has a problem with black QBs?

Not to mention the other team she mentions - who BTW has the only SB winning team with a black QB and later chastises the same team for replacing its black QB with another black QB. She is obviously a race baiting POS hack. Limbaugh deserved to go from ESPN with his out of place comments IMO. This (other) hack deserves the same fate from ESPN as I see it. Where was her outrage when Ramsey got benched after his first game in 2005?

And OBTW where are all the white TB's and CB's who not are not only disrespected but out of work - where is her outrage on this????

That's not the point. It's just as absurd to assume that every issue is about race. I'd like to think we've progressed a bit since the pre Civil Rights era.

If you're talking about sports, you are right. If not, you are wrong, things are still ****ed up. I can pretty much drive 15 miles from where I live and probably be shot on sight, seriously, and I'm not even black.

If you're talking about sports, you are right. If not, you are wrong, things are still ****ed up. I can pretty much drive 15 miles from where I live and probably be shot on sight, seriously, and I'm not even black.

There is still certainly room for improvement with race relations. However, Ms. Hill is completely off the mark with her analysis of the subject and it comes off rather ignorant to me and probably most people.

I can't comment on everything she said...but the part about favre being treated differently than young...

UHH maybe because brett is one of the best qbs of all time?

If it was steve mcnair (rip) wanting to be back in the game with a thumb injury it'd be looked at more like brett, because mcnair would be a well respected vet whose done great things in this league before, like brett.

Race has nothing to do with it.

Carson Palmer isn't free of criticism. I have a lot of family that lives in Ohio and all my cousins who are Bengals fans are absolutely sick of him and so is that entire city. IMO he won't be coming back next year and I don't think Marvin Lewis will either. You just don't hear about it because nobody cares about Cincinnati lol.

I'm from Ohio and couldn't have said it better myself.

And OBTW where are all the white TB's and CB's who not are not only disrespected but out of work - where is her outrage on this????

I recall reading an article by her about this very subject but can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe it was actually by someone else. As I remember it, the tone of the article was one of bemusement rather than outrage (naturally).

Hey coach, the reason we are losing is because that guy doesn't have "leadership." You better put in the "scrappy" guy with the "high football IQ" who "plays the game the right way" and "just wins despite not being a great athlete."

:whoknows:

with all the back and forth about the state of race in society and sports, this great point got overlooked. :D

Archived