Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DHall Twitter: Macho Harris signed

Skinz248

can someone explain how he went from starting 8 games with the eagles, to not being in the NFL despite being a 2nd year guy with starting experience?

*raises hand* I CAN I CAN!!!

It's because he sucks. Eagles fans are laughing at us (again) right now on their boards.

MikeJonesTBD Mike Jones

I covered high school football in VA 9 years and Macho Harris was the best prep athlete I saw. All-Star game be played QB, RB, S, WR, KR, PR

So maybe we signed him as a WR? :ols:

Too bad FS isn't on that list. I hope he plays great though and takes advantage of his 2nd chance, probably his last chance.

they clearly signed him for versatility. he can play all special teams, return kicks/punts in a pinch, play any of the defensive back positions (cb, ss, fs). it is a smart signing. and if he can tackle he could take moore's spot when landry comes back. it isn't like kareem has been doing a good job back there...

i hope eagles fans are laughing. a loss is only one loss, regardless the score. so they blew us out. i am over it. glad the team didn't let that beat them twice. fact of the matter is they beat us, we beat them, and we still have the same record in the division...

i hope eagles fans are laughing. a loss is only one loss, regardless the score. so they blew us out. i am over it. glad the team didn't let that beat them twice. fact of the matter is they beat us, we beat them, and we still have the same record in the division...

yup its only 1 loss! i had one eagle fan hide from me for 3 days before he came up and said good game when we beat them the 1st game.. and come wednesday my 1st day back from work.. bam here he comes along with the giants fans! i was like you have some balls coming and talking SH**!!! when you were hiding like a ***** the 1st time around!!!! and still to this day i put up 3 fingers to him hahaha.. we have 3 rings you have 0 !!!! nexttttttt.... go win one eagles fan... and well that worked with the giants fans till 07 :(....

and well anyhow.. who is left there out there to sign really.. its mid season... and were patched up like a senior citizen waiting inline for the black friday specials at walmart!

You're right about macho having a nose for the ball, He was a great all around player in college. But for some reason it just didn't follow him into the NFL.

I thought the eagles stole him in the draft in the 5th round. Most mocks had him in the 3rd round.

From Jason Reid's report, he said the Eagles moved him back to CB in the offseason and he couldn't compete with their CBs. From the sounds of it, it either sounded like he asked to play CB, or they felt they had enough at the FS position and forced him back to CB.

So, maybe he'll be hungry to come in and prove himself, and ready to settle at the FS position instead of wanting to play CB again.

Does anyone know if he was in the last cuts for the Eagles in TC? I can understand why no one has picked him up yet, teams seem more hesistant to take a chance on a young guy that was cut than on a guy they'd recently drafted or a guy that's got some notoriety, or even their own PS guys, and I believe Harris no longer qualifies for PS.

Hopefully this lights a fire under his ass and he becomes a legitimate contributor to the defense (and also some insurance for the return team). I always thought he was a little too undersized for the NFL, but he's a playmaker and he can hit. The Hokie in me loves seeing him play for the good guys now, but he's hit or miss. I hope he fills in with the scheme of the defense and is successful!

Archived