Skinz248

Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 Age: 24

Born: 2/16/1986 Richmond , VA

College: Virginia Tech

Experience: 2nd season

High School: Highland Springs HS [VA]

2009 = 41 tackles

Scouting Report:

Strengths: Good NFL ready size...shows good quickness, both in the passing game and as a blitzer...good awareness on the field...demonstrated great ball skills...more than willing to get physical with receivers...offers special teams value...experienced and productive player...willing in run support and can deliver a big hit...a playmaker...

Weaknesses: Does not possess ideal long speed...too aggressive both as a tackler and in pass coverage...will need to ensure he does not make as much contact at the NFL level or will be heavily penalized...way too aggressive at times...susceptible to double moves...may not be a man cover corner?...little stiff through the hips...

Overall: Much like 2008 draft pick, Brandon Flowers, Victor "Macho" Harris is a physical corner who is willing to support the run. Also like Flowers, he does not possess the long speed to be a true man corner. He may be limited to a Cover 2 or other zone heavy scheme, which, like Flowers, knocks him into the second or third round.

The guy played CB/Safety in college

He likes to hit and is physical but lacks the coverage skills to be a good CB and Like I said before has problems with playaction. BUT I do like the pick up maybe he'll fit with a 3-4 who knows.

but I'm being bias, i wanted to take him in the 3rd round over Barnes so....

Overall: Much like 2008 draft pick, Brandon Flowers, Victor "Macho" Harris is a physical corner who is willing to support the run. Also like Flowers, he does not possess the long speed to be a true man corner. He may be limited to a Cover 2 or other zone heavy scheme, which, like Flowers, knocks him into the second or third round.

:ols:

Not going to necessarily disagree on Macho, but Flowers has made whoever wrote this look like a moron. Flowers is one of the better cover corners in the league right now.

I remember people being upset we took Barnes with Harris still on the board.

Hopefully he can play better than he has in the past.

I agree! Hopefully he will turn out to be something special. Not going to join the Mob of Macho group that will probably start, b/c I don't think he will stick around. Why wasn't he signed before? Tried out for the Lions and didn't make it.

I'm not saying you're wrong but what makes him a better long term prospect than Myron Rolle?

Higher ceiling. If you are going to take a flyer on a raw guy, it better be one who has shown some elite skills, which Harris has as a ball hawk. However, he has also displayed pretty terrible instincts and decision making. Maybe he can be coached up to become a poor man's Landry.

Rolle by comparison seems like a homeless man's Doughty.

Higher ceiling. If you are going to take a flyer on a raw guy, it better be one who has shown some elite skills, which Harris has as a ball hawk. However, he has also displayed pretty terrible instincts and decision making. Maybe he can be coached up to become a poor man's Landry.

Gotta remember, Rolle took a year off from football. So give him another season or so before judging him. At least we know with Rolle he would pick up the D quickly and would be smart enough to be in the right spot and not free lance.

I'm not sure that Macho's ceiling is higher considering how much slower he is than Rolle.

And he's smaller too.

You're right about macho having a nose for the ball, He was a great all around player in college. But for some reason it just didn't follow him into the NFL.

I thought the eagles stole him in the draft in the 5th round. Most mocks had him in the 3rd round.

im guessing with a name like yours ,you are a Florida State Fan.. no wonder you dont like him.

Go HOKIES!

Why would anything he did in college affect the Noles? He never hurt us when we played. But that's b/c we have team speed. I never said I didn't like him, I just dont think he will be a good pro. Great college player. I just think there are other players that can come right in and play safety for us, like Mike Brown. I can separate my college allegiance from my football allegiance. If Tim Tebow came in and led the Skins to the super bowl, I'd love him, although I hate him in college.

I don't think he's really worth getting to pumped about right now, but I actually find this scouting report encouraging. Flowers slipped a little in the draft, then was unimpressive as a rookie, before turning into a quality starting corner. We obviously grabbed Harris more as a spec investment as safety, but if his career follows a Flowers-like path, he could turn into something worthwhile.

Archived