Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins MUST MUST MUST avoid becoming over-confident about the Vikings game

Commander PK

and this is exactly what worries me the most...TJackson puts more fear in the Skins at this point then Favre does imho with his running ability, and he has alot to play for....to show they screwed up passing him over once again for Favre

If Jackson's in the game he will definitely play with a chip on his shoulder - which is how we should come out. I really hope we don't slack off against these guys. Peterson can take it to the house any moment, they gotta stay disciplined.

If Jackson's in the game he will definitely play with a chip on his shoulder - which is how we should come out. I really hope we don't slack off against these guys. Peterson can take it to the house any moment, they gotta stay disciplined.
We havn't had much a problem stopping elite running backs, it is the mobile qb we have problems with

Heres another one who thinks we have no talent. I know of at least a dozen talented players on this team.

In the little bit of time that you've been here, every single one of your posts has blown me away. This team has very little talent. We don't have the right players to run the 3-4 effectively, our o-line stinks, our WR corp is garbage, our RB's are mediocre at best, TE play has been inconsistent. Show me the overabundance of talent that this team has. Where is it?

In the little bit of time that you've been here, every single one of your posts has blown me away. This team has very little talent. We don't have the right players to run the 3-4 effectively, our o-line stinks, our WR corp is garbage, our RB's are mediocre at best, TE play has been inconsistent. Show me the overabundance of talent that this team has. Where is it?
What does runing the 3-4 have to do with talent. Just because they havn't adapted to the 3-4 dosn't mean their not talented. By the way I have been around a while so i wouldn't assume that I havn't any football smarts, been a Skin fan for 40 years

What does runing the 3-4 have to do with talent.

They don't have the right players to run a 3-4 effectively, therefore they do not have the talent to run a 3-4 effectively right now, evidenced by their dead last ranking.

Just because they havn't adapted to the 3-4 dosn't mean their not talented.

They've had all offseason and the first 10 games of this year to adapt, what you see right now is what you are going to get for the rest of this season, this D needs an upgrade at numerous positions, mainly on the D line and the LB corps.

By the way I have been around a while so i wouldn't assume that I havn't any football smarts, been a Skin fan for 40 years

Yes, you made that obvious when you claimed that we hadn't lost to the Lions in the previous 18 years prior to '09, and because we " owned them" during that time period, we would " own them" again this year.

They don't have the right players to run a 3-4 effectively, therefore they do not have the talent to run a 3-4 effectively right now, evidenced by their dead last ranking.

They've had all offseason and the first 10 games of this year to adapt, what you see right now is what you are going to get for the rest of this season, this D needs an upgrade at numerous positions, mainly on the D line and the LB corps.

Yes, you made that obvious when you claimed that we hadn't lost to the Lions in the previous 18 years prior to '09, and because we " owned them" during that time period, we would " own them" again this year.

You have got a good memory lol, my bad. What I really meant about Lions was we owned them at one time, they have beat us lately so that one was on me. I still think we have talent but maybe it is not meant for a 3-4. Everyone has talent, but chemistry and unity is lacked on bad teams. I just don't think we could have beaten the teams we have beaten if we had no talent at all, and that is what your saying, right.

I still think we have talent but maybe it is not meant for a 3-4. Everyone has talent, but chemistry and unity is lacked on bad teams. I just don't think we could have beaten the teams we have beaten if we had no talent at all, and that is what your saying, right.

I never said we had "no talent at all," I said we had very little talent, and as far as all our wins this season are concerned, they were far from convincing, and in the case of the Green Bay , Dallas, and Chicago games, dumb coaching decisions also helped us along the way. You said it ypurself, it takes more than talent to win at the NFL level, but when you lack it in crucial areas like we do, then it becomes very tough to win, and win consistently.

Overconfident?

Seriously?

Our Star safety probably is going to miss this game too Favre's backup is a mini Vick and their D line is not undersized like the TITanS.

We better hope we do not suffer a repeat of the Philly pimp slapping of last week. The Vikes with or without Favre in the lineup and their defense are going to be PO'ed about their play on Sunday and is going to take it out on us

agreed ... I'm more worried about Jared Allen and Kevin and Pat Williams' against our OL ... than a hobbled Favre and AP (though either one of those guys could break a big play). Let's not forget that our OL is STILL struggling. They played out of their minds yesterday (and hope they can continue to do that) ... but we need to have some of our OL guys get healthy and have a good week of work.

This will be my first game in two years ... so I hope to see Favre play one last time, and oh how sweet it would be to get a win on Thanksgiving weekend! But I for sure am not going to be overconfident. I like the 1pm time slot and think we will have some good crowd noise! Let's bring the noise! HAIL.

agreed ... I'm more worried about Jared Allen and Kevin and Pat Williams' against our OL ... than a hobbled Favre and AP (though either one of those guys could break a big play). Let's not forget that our OL is STILL struggling. They played out of their minds yesterday (and hope they can continue to do that) ... but we need to have some of our OL guys get healthy and have a good week of work.

This will be my first game in two years ... so I hope to see Favre play one last time, and oh how sweet it would be to get a win on Thanksgiving weekend! But I for sure am not going to be overconfident. I like the 1pm time slot and think we will have some good crowd noise! Let's bring the noise! HAIL.

Never been to a game, can't afford it lol. From what some tell me you have a better view on tv.

The way we play defense, I don't think Bret has a chance, Bret will lose the game as oppose3d to us winning it

That's why I think the Redskins must prepare this week (as they must prepare every week) like the Vikings are a well-oiled machine, ready to come into Fed Ex Field and embarrass the Redskins like the Eagles did. :ols: )

i could not agree more ...

honeslty, i see this as a landmark game.

if history proves correct ... WE WILL LOSE THIS GAME. but, if we can buck this trend of let downs and win this minny game, i think we go into the meadowlands as a real contender.

but, i would bet the HOUSE that we lose this game. it is just how we roll.

I don't think overconfidence will have anything to do with this game.

The Vikes could be in turmoil this week. Favre's quote about needing to go home an "re-evaluate" is curious.

I think there is a chance that we get Jackson at QB this week.

this game just reeks of let down man ... home game against wounded team, coming off of big win, confidence running pretty high. I've seen this bad movie before.

Moss, Cooly, Mcnabb, Davis, Portis, Williams,Orakpo, Hall, Fletcher, Landrey, Carter,Haynesworth, Banks, 13

Moss: Talented receiver who would be the #2 receiver on most teams.

Cooley/Davis: Talented TE's who make up our ONE deep position...but they are still inconsistent.

McNabb: Obviously. But inconsistent and older.

Portis: Aging/aged HB who is a better blocker than runner at this point in his career, and can't stay healthy.

Trent Williams: Yes. The beginnings of a youth movement on this team, I hope.

Orakpo: Yes.

Hall: Yes, a playmaker. Not a shutdown corner, however. Wouldn't be the best CB on many teams.

Fletcher: Talented, but old. He can't play forever.

Landry: In the right scheme, he is a beast. Hope he keeps it up, as a top-ten draft pick, he should have talent.

Carter: No. Not in this scheme, and that's what matters now. Especially at his age.

Haynesworth: Yes. Remains to be seen whether he really reaches his potential here.

Banks: Very good return man, though hasn't proved he's an incredible talent.

13: You mean Anthony Armstrong? Love what he does for us, but most teams have 2-3 receivers who are better. I hope he's at least our #3 next year.

So. You've named all of the guys that you think have talent on our team, and you've come up with 14 guys.

2 are backups at their positions (Davis, Carter), and 1 is just a returner (Banks).

3 more wouldn't start on other teams, in the position that they occupy on our team (Moss, Portis, Armstrong)

Cooley, McNabb, Hall, and Haynesworth, and Fletcher are all talented, some very talented, but aren't elite. And I'd argue that you missed Carlos Rogers, but you probably think he sucks because he can't catch. It would fit.

Trent Williams, Laron Landry, and Brian Orakpo are our only young stud players.

So while we have talent on our team, they are either old, or cast in a role that is too "big" for them on our team, because we lack talent in the rest of our roster.

But keep thinking we have the same type of young talent that other teams around the league have.

I hate to say it.. but honestly the Vikings are better team than we are... they arent showing it this year.. but its true....

game plan for this game should be very similar to the TENN game... keep their offense off the field.... if we let AP get going it could be a looong day for our D

This will be a scary game.

With them relieving Chilly of his duties, the team will be fired up and ready to play, but Favre will still be their starting QB; problem is, the 10 yd cushions will kill us, especially with Favre's throwing speed, there will be little chance of int's so the coverage will have to play alot closer, and hopefully Stone hands will be back.

And if Kareem tries that "shoulder blocking" crap again, it WILL be a long day.

But this is a winnable game, if played smartly...

This will be a scary game.

With them relieving Chilly of his duties, the team will be fired up and ready to play, but Favre will still be their starting QB; problem is, the 10 yd cushions will kill us, especially with Favre's throwing speed, there will be little chance of int's so the coverage will have to play alot closer, and hopefully Stone hands will be back.

And if Kareem tries that "shoulder blocking" crap again, it WILL be a long day.

But this is a winnable game, if played smartly...

Did you really just say that with Favre playing there will be little chance of INT's? :ols: That's the best thing our D has going for it when it comes to playing the Vikings.

I hate to say it.. but honestly the Vikings are better team than we are... they arent showing it this year.. but its true....

game plan for this game should be very similar to the TENN game... keep their offense off the field.... if we let AP get going it could be a looong day for our D

Were a better team than we are, but this year all you have to do is shut down Peterson. I like the way we have handled elite backs. None of them have torn us apart. Make Bret throw, we will have a great day of interceptions.As far as being overcofident,if they are blame it on stupid oddsmakers who made us a 3 point faverite this week

this game just reeks of let down man ... home game against wounded team, coming off of big win, confidence running pretty high. I've seen this bad movie before.
You'd think, but nothing would surprise me at this point. We need to keep our feet on the ground and stay humble.

and this my friends, is the whole point of this thread. I have no illusions about my ability to "influence" the players, but threads like these help me sleep more soundly at night. :ols:

Let down? Trap game? No, we lose we're just a bad team whose played well at times. Bad teams do have a good game (hell, we took the eventual SB champs down to the wire last year). This game is much like the Detroit game, a loss only serves as confirmation that we are bad and not a good team having a bad day.

Archived