Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins MUST MUST MUST avoid becoming over-confident about the Vikings game

Commander PK

I figured we will have a ton of these type of threads this week (didn't have them). I'm starting this one now, so everybody can post their thoughts on this topic here (everybody did).

This game coming up against the Vikings is the exact type of game that the Redskins just won today (last Sunday). The Redskins were coming off a horrible loss, and were playing a talented team at home. No doubt the Titans thought they were going to just whip the Skins collective ass, but we all see how that turned out. (Vince Young? :ols: )

Now the Redskins have the opportunity to be what the Titans were today, next Sunday (tomorrow). The Vikings were just massacred by the Packers today (last Sunday). They seem to be reeling, and who knows (we all know) what tomorrow (Monday) might bring (brought). Favre could be benched. (Not benched, :ols: ) Childress could be fired. (Was fired :ols: ) They seem to be in disarray.

That's why I think (hope) the Redskins must ( have ) prepare (ed) this week (as they must prepare every week) like the Vikings are a well-oiled machine, ready to come into Fed Ex Field and embarrass the Redskins like the Eagles did. The Vikings are ripe for the picking, but only if the Redskins work (ed) hard this week, and bring their A game next Sunday (tomorrow). Despite their ugly losses, the Vikings have a lot of talent. (Have you heard about the Cowboys talent?) Let's not be the team they right their ship against. (We always seem to be the team that everybody right's their ship against :ols: )

I figured we will have a ton of these type of threads this week. I'm starting this one now, so everybody can post their thoughts on this topic here.

This game coming up against the Vikings is the exact type of game that the Redskins just won today. The Redskins were coming off a horrible loss, and were playing a talented team at home. No doubt the Titans thought they were going to just whip the Skins collective ass, but we all see how that turned out.

Now the Redskins have the opportunity to be what the Titans were today, next Sunday. The Vikings were just massacred by the Packers today. They seem to be reeling, and who knows what tomorrow might bring. Favre could be benched. Childress could be fired. They seem to be in disarray.

That's why I think the Redskins must prepare this week (as they must prepare every week) like the Vikings are a well-oiled machine, ready to come into Fed Ex Field and embarrass the Redskins like the Eagles did. The Vikings are ripe for the picking, but only if the Redskins work hard this week, and bring their A game next Sunday. Despite their ugly losses, the Vikings have a lot of talent. Let's not be the team they right their ship against. (We always seem to be the team that everybody right's their ship against :ols: )

They better the oddsmakers have them a faverite by 3 points

I think, aside from the Vikings record, the mere fact of the calibre of players they have, and non less the Favre factor; will have our guys thinking they've a chance for another major scalp. So I honestly don't see us dismissing them on their record.

An aside note: It's still an utter disgrace how we both underestimate and fail to respect the lesser teams in this league. Regardless of record, every pro team deserves respect when you prepare for them and take the field. You don't have to fear them, but if you don't respect them and go in with a ****y attitude that you only have to show up to win, your liable to get your ass spanked. See the Lions two years running as a glaring, recent example.

Hail.

This team just got its but handed to them a week ago and barely won this one. I don't see being overconfident being problem for the Skins this week.

You would really think it wouldn't be an issue, but I could see the team thinking this should be a win, and backing off a notch. You almost want them to forget they even won today, and work like the last game they played was that Eagles game for the rest of the season.

Don't count on it. I'm pretty confident the Redskins will come out slow against the Vikings. Once they're down 21-3, they'll get their heads out of their asses, but it will be too late.

That mentality won't go away this season. Maybe Shanahan can beat it out of them this offseason, but not this year.

Overconfidence won't be a problem, but timing an talent might be. Today was desperation day for Minnesota.... And they lost badly. Their season is over and major changes could come as soon as Monday. Benching Favre and firing Childress could have a potentially huge emotional impact; Vikes still have talent and may be playing next week free of pressure because they are now out of it and potentially with renewed gusto if changes are made. Couple this with our injuries and the timing of this game is not good at all for us.

If the Skins are over-confident at all from here on out.....ridiculous. We have no reason to be over-confident and the players must have this drilled into them after the way the first half of the season went. Not to mention the embarassment against the Eagles. We are a very beatable team and have yet to dominate any game. Back-to-back seasons with losses to the Rams and Lions has to instill humility in you eventually. At least I hope so.

Also, with two games coming up against NYG and one against TB, the Skins have to know they must win the Vikes game if they have a prayer at the playoffs. Going 3-0 or even 2-1 in those games will be no easy task. We have to win the ones that are in our favor from the start.

another trap game....they are struggling worse that the we are and I expect we will be favorites. Games we should have won this year have not gone very well for us so far. Stringing two solid wins together would be huge.

It's not a trap game when we're 5-5 haha. I can see some of the players getting overconfident, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win. Especially if Tarvaris comes in, he'll probably provide them a much-needed spark.

Archived