Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins MUST MUST MUST avoid becoming over-confident about the Vikings game

Commander PK

Did you really just say that with Favre playing there will be little chance of INT's? :ols: That's the best thing our D has going for it when it comes to playing the Vikings.

OK, maybe you just read it wrong.

What I said was the way Favre zings the ball, it will be tough for them to get int's; he doesn't use much for touch when throwing, he throws it damn near on a rope, and if the coverage plays yards off the receiver, unless the ball bounces off them, it will be tough to get ints.

You've seen how much of a cushion receivers get against theSkins defense, and they have 4 very capable players who can catch it; if Favre throws way off target, maybe...:ols::ols:

OK, maybe you just read it wrong.

What I said was the way Favre zings the ball, it will be tough for them to get int's; he doesn't use much for touch when throwing, he throws it damn near on a rope, and if the coverage plays yards off the receiver, unless the ball bounces off them, it will be tough to get ints.

You've seen how much of a cushion receivers get against theSkins defense, and they have 4 very capable players who can catch it; if Favre throws way off target, maybe...:ols::ols:

Bart hasn't had much zing lately lol

To tell you the truth, I'm sure the players are intelligent to know that 3-7 isn't far from 5-5. Minnesota is still a ferocious team. They just happen to be in a bit of a slump right now. We're talking about a team that went to the NFC Championship game last year. Mike Shanahan will have the Redskins focused. They won't be overconfident.

I almost feel having these backups in, could be a good thing. Backups tend to fight, and play hard every play. Hopefully they bring intensity to the whole team.

Backups fight, yes, but eventually the lack of talent will show up at some point. There are too many skilled D and O Coordinators in this league that will eventually find a way to exploit a teams weakness.

Can't overlook anyone in this league

Too much parity to disregard opponents

Hopefully Redskins are prepared and beat down upon the Vikings

I personally think the Skins are always prepared with Shanny. It's just that that the Monday night game against the Eagles they ran into a team that even a Superbowl team couldn't beat. The Eagles seemed to be on a mission that night and I don't think anyone would have beaten them

Can't overlook anyone in this league

Too much parity to disregard opponents

Hopefully Redskins are prepared and beat down upon the Vikings

I agree with everything you said ix, except for that last part. For some reason, this team seems incapable of beating down upon anyone. We're always constantly shooting ourselves in the foot, settling for FG's instead of TD's, and having to win a nailbiter in OT. The **** is driving me crazy. Hopefully we can put together a solid error free performance this week, for once.

I agree with everything you said ix, except for that last part. For some reason, this team seems incapable of beating down upon anyone. We're always constantly shooting ourselves in the foot, settling for FG's instead of TD's, and having to win a nailbater in OT. The **** is driving me crazy. Hopefully we can put together a solid error free performance this week, for once.
I kind of like the excitement of a close game, and as long as they win, I'm content.

I don't know why any player or any fan of this team would be over-confident going into any game this season considering the way the wins have come this year. The Skins don't have the ability to dominant any team in this league. They need to keep things close and eventually win ugly. I've completely embraced this version of winning and will continue to do so.

This game is do or die we can not overlook this Vikings team. Do not play down to their level!!!

It isn't an issue of the Skins " playing down to their level. " Just because their record is worse than ours,does not mean that they we are head and shoulders above them. If anything, they're going to play pissed off and fired up with this week, especially with the firing of Childress.

As always, the Redskins will play down to Minnesota's level and make it a close game.

Absurd

The Redskins are not decidedly better than anyone in the league.. They are disciplined, well coached and have a veteran QB which keeps them in the games until the end.. Sometimes you win when that happens.. Minnesota game will be another gutwrenching struggle.. Similar to the Dallas game the green bay game The texans game the Titans game the Bears game and the 1st Eagles game..

- Cant we come out and win 35-10? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'm dying for ONE, just ONE game where I can relax and enjoy a beat down at someone's else expense

It would be nice to have one or two of those this year. I'm just not sure if that opponent is on the remaining schedule. You'd have thought that a game like that would have happened by now with the Rams, Lions, and Bears in our rear-view mirror.

It would be nice to have one or two of those this year. I'm just not sure if that opponent is on the remaining schedule. You'd have thought that a game like that would have happened by now with the Rams, Lions, and Bears in our rear-view mirror.

Of course, the offense is just starting to click NOW, hopefully. With this team, I won't be surprised if that type of game IS still on the schedule...we just don't know it yet.

Archived