Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins MUST MUST MUST avoid becoming over-confident about the Vikings game

Commander PK

My biggest fear is the Vikings emerging re-energized with their new interim head coach, as did the Choirboys with Jason Garret.

They still have more talent than the Skins...and still have Brett Favre who can still play even though he is in a slump...I just hope this isn't his break out game.

Normally I would say we have home field advantage....

But after that Monday night beatdown we took...Home field means nothing to me anymore

But after that Monday night beatdown we took...Home field means nothing to me anymore

All of us really need to put that game in the past now.

I will say this much. We all gripe about how there are always so many opposing fans in the stadium when we play the Steelers, Cowboys, and Eagles, but did anybody else notice Cowboy Stadium on Thanksgiving? I could not get over the loud roar whenever New Orleans scored. Yes, I realize they are pretty close to each other geographically, but it was clear to me listening to the fans at the game, we are not the only Team in the NFL with this problem. Not even close.

If the Skins get over-confident and think they are better than the Vikings -- they are deluding themselves and will deserve the big "L" that gets pinned on their foreheads.

Skins fans better get 'real' too -- and stop asking (or expecting) for the Skins to blowout the Vikes. Anticipate that the Vikings will be coming in to restore their early season status as playoff contenders. Minnesota KNOWS they are better than their record, and want to start setting the record straight -- starting with a good effort against Washington.

If you look candidly at the talent levels of both teams -- the Skins best hope is that McNabb has a great game rather than one of his 'so-so' outings. And hope that Farve has a bad outing.

Bottom Line: I'll be grateful for a Redskins victory of any kind -- and I anticipate another nail-biter where I HOPE that we can win even if it's winning ugly.

But if the Redskins players are taking Minnesota lightly -- it won't be an ugly win,-- it will just be ugly.

And I would agree with you....However that was no normal ass whipping. It was an historical ass-whipping in front of the entire nation. I've put it in the past as much as I can for now, but it's only been 2 weeks. I need a little more time....:)

My point being is I don't know how anyone could possibly be over-confident about this team beating anyone with a loss like that. That game tells me this team still has serious issues to sort out before any amount of over-confidence could even begin to settle in no matter who we play. If that game wasn't a wake up call then nothing ever will be.

Again, I just hope the Vikings don't come in here with a mission with their new coach. Their talent level+new attitude+Bret Favre could have us walking into a buzz saw this Sunday.

I just hope our re-vamped o-line could have us on a mission as well. We have a ton of injuries but I hope they can play at least as effective as last week in the trenches. MacNabb needs to be a little better than his previous efforts IMO and more accurate on his deep throws when he is given time to throw. I know his numbers look ok but I'm tired of seeing overthrown passes to open receivers.

But I'll be rooting for them like always and squirming in my arm chair until the last play as usual.:ols: Man, if they can pull it off what a statement they could make after that Monday night fiasco with 2 wins in a row... 6-5 and still in it!

And I would agree with you....However that was no normal ass whipping. It was an historical ass-whipping in front of the entire nation. I've put it in the past as much as I can for now, but it's only been 2 weeks. I need a little more time....:)

My point being is I don't know how anyone could possibly be over-confident about this team beating anyone with a loss like that. That game tells me this team still has serious issues to sort out before any amount of over-confidence could even begin to settle in no matter who we play. If that game wasn't a wake up call then nothing ever will be.

Again, I just hope the Vikings don't come in here with a mission with their new coach. Their talent level+new attitude+Bret Favre could have us walking into a buzz saw this Sunday.

I just hope our re-vamped o-line could have us on a mission as well. We have a ton of injuries but I hope they can play at least as effective as last week in the trenches. MacNabb needs to be a little better than his previous efforts IMO and more accurate on his deep throws when he is given time to throw. I know his numbers look ok but I'm tired of seeing overthrown passes to open receivers.

But I'll be rooting for them like always and squirming in my arm chair until the last play as usual.:ols: Man, if they can pull it off what a statement they could make after that Monday night fiasco with 2 wins in a row... 6-5 and still in it!

The Patriots gave us a butt whooping just like Philly did and we didn't hold our heads down as long as we have with this game. Yes it was not a historic beating. We got beat just as bad then as we did against Philly.

The Patriots gave us a butt whooping just like Philly did and we didn't hold our heads down as long as we have with this game. Yes it was not a historic beating. We got beat just as bad then as we did against Philly.

How well I remember it too..

I'm not suggesting we hold our heads down and for the most part it looks like we have moved on. But just because we eeked one out against the Titans last week doesn't mean we should get "over confident" and suddenly full of ourselves. I think that Monday night game should always be remembered and learnt from....Especially when the Skins play Philly in the future...Hell, even Vick's nasty jersey got into the Hall of Fame after that putrid performance by us. I don't mean to diminish Vick's performance but had he played against any other team I somehow doubt they would have scored 59 points.

Yes I think the Skins can win Sunday against the Vikings. But I'm not brimming with overconfidence when they play against anyone. Let alone a team with much more talent than us who are stewing for a victory....I've been a Skins fan too long :pfft:

I will say this much. We all gripe about how there are always so many opposing fans in the stadium when we play the Steelers, Cowboys, and Eagles, but did anybody else notice Cowboy Stadium on Thanksgiving? I could not get over the loud roar whenever New Orleans scored. Yes, I realize they are pretty close to each other geographically, but it was clear to me listening to the fans at the game, we are not the only Team in the NFL with this problem. Not even close.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that we both have about 20,000 more extra seats than the average NFL stadium. Having that issue, coupled with the fact that DC is a transient area, and is close to a lot of oher NFL venues, whose teams we play on a regular basis, then you are practically inviting a large number of opposing fans. Thats ne of the drawbacks to having such a large capacity stadium in a non college environment.

This pretty much reflects my experiences at the old stadium. The Cowboy fans have always seemed to be pretty weak at home but seem relatively strong in other people's stadiums. I think this is what happens when a good part of your fan-base has NB syndrome.

I'm over on Cowboyszone quite often and Jerruh World has become what Fedex is. People are saying the stadium is TOO big and running into problems with lots of opposing fans being there. They also are saying how it doesn't feel like a homefield advantage but a event palace with all sorts of events going on with the occasional football game here and there. I pray when we build a new stadium it will be nothing like Cowboys Stadium and instead build for the team/fans advantage.

Keeping on topic, Redskins really have no right to be over-confident. This game will go down to the wire like any Redskins game so we should expect that.

Well there you go. Great thread

ryanohalloran Ryan O'Halloran

3. Haynesworth said defense might have let up when Peterson was injured and left the game for good.

Well, that's great Al. Why does this team continue to think it's better than it is? :doh:

There are two reasons why the Skins lost this game.

1.) block in the back by #56 Riley

2.) dropped passes, or passes thrown too hard by McNabb

and P.S.

The Vikings should be ashamed of themselves. Watching that team today, it seemed clear to me their play had less to do with any adjustment that Frazier made this week, and more to do with the fact their players decided to finally give a ****.

Archived